What made you go to the gym?

condor, same thing as me.

Got tired of being the small guy around, girls don't go for the small guys. Now i am a bit bigger and realize that i still am having just the same problems but i love going and lifting, gives me something to do and i love the pumps!

To counter the effects of scoliosis on my posture. I was 5' 11" and 155lbs at age 18. I am now at 215lbs for the summer.

got motivated when this indian-from-bombay geek said that i can't do barbell rows with 150 lbs.

that made me train hard.

i now do 200 lbs now for 5 reps.

got motivated when this indian-from-bombay geek said that i can't do barbell rows with 150 lbs.

that made me train hard.

i now do 200 lbs for 5 reps.

I started last year around August as something to do, not I don't know why I didn't start sooner (wish I did) .. still soft, still weak but not as weak and soft as before. I want to be stronger than most of my friends, also bigger/more cut for the summer.

I use to be an overweigth guy. Never got girls never got respect always was told that I couldnt do anything athletic and so it began and I have accomplished almost all my goals except taking overall at state one day.

football in hs. Now i lift for the love of it, i really got back into it when i decided drinking and cocaine weren't for me anymore, it is amazing how much better i performed when i gave all that up.

jcp2 said:
football in hs. Now i lift for the love of it, i really got back into it when i decided drinking and cocaine weren't for me anymore, it is amazing how much better i performed when i gave all that up.
glad to see you kicked the habit!!!
Played ice hockey my whole life started lifting at a young age (14) but then dropped it after some knee injuries earl in college only to pick it back up again about 2 years ago..and i aint ever gonna stop now lol

blackbeard said:
glad to see you kicked the habit!!!
Played ice hockey my whole life started lifting at a young age (14) but then dropped it after some knee injuries earl in college only to pick it back up again about 2 years ago..and i aint ever gonna stop now lol
I never really had a habit of anything except partying. Thank god i never had an addiction accept the old cancer sticks. I am glad i stopped partying at 23, because the same people who used to give me shit as a kid about partying are the ones who fuck their lives up as adults with drugs and shit.

Being a fat bastard caused me to go to the gym. I was 6'2" 250lbs at around 18%bf. I needed to get into the gym badly

thetopdog said:
haha, I think he grew a little since his frosh year in high school ;)

yeah I grew quite a bit...I'm now 5'9 at 218 lbs....my body's till getting used to the extra weight too...it's used to being around 185....

bigdaddy22 said:
Being a fat bastard caused me to go to the gym. I was 6'2" 250lbs at around 18%bf. I needed to get into the gym badly

If you were seriously only 18% you have one hell of a natural build.

Back