What Motivates You?

BADKITTY

OK Ladies, tell it all- What motivates you to work out? It can be anything; whether internal or external motivation. Remember, you might motivate someone else by posting your own, so spill it! :)

ok, ok...I'll go first-
HATERS MOTIVATE ME!
For everyone who says negative things, for every person that tries to bring me down, for every rude or hurtful comment, I work out to prove them wrong. I bust my ass so that others around me see that I don't just talk about it, I do it. Let's see some more!

I'm not a woman but...

I don't post much...or none at all...cuz well...I'm really lazy.

I really don't work out...I lack all motivation..but what i do do is train with my katana...my motivation there is...I've never gotten formal training in kendo or any swordsmanship but then again the first person who invented the first fighting style didn't have training either...he made his own moves and used them...I want to use my own techniques and be acknowledged by those who have recieved formal training.

Oh and by the way...you're looking very, very good..very very sexy...you're one of the very fewest girls I like with a cut-up body. :yumyum:

Last edited:
strngthmnx said:
OK Ladies, tell it all- What motivates you to work out? It can be anything; whether internal or external motivation. Remember, you might motivate someone else by posting your own, so spill it! :)

Okay...I'll go...I'm motivated by two things...First of all, I'm motivated to serve my country, which to be done to my standards, requires someone who is in shape...That, and I don't want to be at war with a bunch of guys who think I wouldn't be able to help them...

Secondly, I'm motivated by how much better I think women look with muscles...It goes beyond the visual...A woman with an atheletic, muscular body signals so much...She's dedicated...Hard-working...Not scared to step over boundaries others may have set...That's what motivates me...

WannaB funny you should say that as my interest started in weights at and then working at a naval base gym:)
Being around this type of enviroment gave me that extra boost to increase my intensity especially 40-55 yr old captains & sargents that don't look a day over 30!
Being around positive people mean everything!
Problem is I no longer work there and somtimes people look up to me:(
It helps but it hard to stay on the wagon all the time:)

I started training while going through a divorce and custody suit and it made me feel strong. I get motivated from the mental and emotional feeling of strength that I get through the feeling of being physically strong.

BronzedGoddess said:
my kids motivate me. I want to be the pretty hot mom. I never want my kids to be embarrased of me.
i think that's awesome BG- my mom says the same thing!

i'm motivated also by people who think i cant do it! for all the people who say why do you lift weights you are a girl ?! or you will never look like those girls in the magazines!!! screw all of them. i work my butt off i train hard and i will get to my goals!! because i belive in myself and i know i will prove them wrong, that is my motivation!! I'm also motivated because it makes me feel healthy and i know im doing something good for my well being. my biggest pepeeve is people who say they are fat or need to work out and DONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

strngthmnx said:

Trying to impress you babe :kiss:

Honestly i never want to look back on my life when i'm 50 and wonder what if-

I get sick of watching grown men trying to live their life through their kids.

And also i have this inner person :insane2: that will never allow myself to lose. I might not have the best genetics in the world. But god damn it no one will ever say they out worked me!!!

And also i have this inner person that will never allow myself to lose. I might not have the best genetics in the world. But god damn it no one will ever say they out worked me!!!
amen, brutha...preach that shit! that's exactly how i feel!

I started working out when I was at the end of a relationship about 4 years ago. Seeing results was the only thing that made me feel good about myself, because obvisouly she wasn't doing anything for me. Anyways seeing results and the way I felt about myself mentally really is what motivates me. Since then though I've gone through down times where I don't lift for a while (which is right now). So Minx if you could call me a fat fuck then maybe that'll kick me in the ass. Thanks in advance baby.

strngthmnx said:
how bout i give you six weeks to send me a pic? better get crackin'!
deal, actually I'm going to try to send some this week and we will consider them the (way in the hell before) pics, and then again in 6 wks.

what motivates me is the feeling of being strong. i sometimes think that by bodybuilding and getting as big as i can helps me stay strong emotionally. It keeps me in check. Its like a coat of armour!! The other thing that is a big part for me is proving to the people around me that i can do it and being big is not a bad thing. I love going above and beyond!!

I will tell you what motivated me:

When I started workout out in the gym, I was in awe when I saw a big guy walk by. There was a time I looked at the 100lb Dumbell's and I thought to myself, "Who the hell could even move those things?"

As time went on, soon I would be working out and in the mirror I could see some young kids watching to see what I was doing. The thing is, that was ME when I first started. - That's Motivation!

Day-to-day I don't see changes in my body, but when you look back at an old picture and see what you used to look like, the way I have transformed my body - That's motivation!

I look at all the people I grew up with, went away to school, and came back fat - That's Motivation.

What motivates me? I would have to say My Own Accomplishments. And knowing that there is no end if you have the heart and dedication!!!!

Back