What size pins for delt shots?

superman_uk

What size pins do you guys recommend for delt shots of Sust & Deca,
for my first cycle last year I used 24G 1 1/4 length.
Sometimes it ached & sometimes it didn't, so i'm happy to go again, but I read somewhere that it should be an inch max in the delt and I figured I'd check first.

Delts

superman_uk said:
Sometimes it ached & sometimes it didn't, so i'm happy to go again, but I read somewhere that it should be an inch max in the delt and I figured I'd check first.

I try to use 1" 25ga for delts, but sometimes use 23ga with no issues

I use 23g 1.25 inch ---- just because its a longer pin doesnt mean you have to jab it all the way in leave a quarter inch out and dont go in at 90 degrees go in at a slight angle

superman_uk said:

5/8 23 guage is perfect for delts

i second the post about altering the length of injection. If you know a muscle is smaller just leave more of the pin out, that also helps in case you were to break the needle off inside of you (never say never, I've heard horror stories...)

I use 25g 1 inch for everything. The size of your delt and bf % is going to determine how deep it needs to go

I usually use a 25g 5/8" for delts, but I've used 1" too with no problem, and my delts are far from monstrous. I look at it this way -- when I was a kid, the doctor used to bury a 1" pin in my shoulder all the time, so there must be enough meat up there to take it.

That delt is a fairly large muscle... trust me your bone is farther down then you think... 1" is fine, 1.5" you will want to leave a little pin showing...

I use 1" 25ga for all my site injections, just go in as far a you feel is comfortable. Like stated earlier if you are smaller just don't go in all the way.

Back