What Supplements do you use and recommend ??

GoBig_Or_GoHome

I was just wondering what everyone was using for Supplements, Legal supplements at that. I know there's the ushual Protein and Creatien but I'm looking for more. Anything would be apreciated, if you could also briefly say what it does I would be a bonus.
Thanks.

GoBig_Or_GoHome said:
I was just wondering what everyone was using for Supplements, Legal supplements at that. I know there's the ushual Protein and Creatien but I'm looking for more. Anything would be apreciated, if you could also briefly say what it does I would be a bonus.
Thanks.

M1t, Protein Powder, Lots of whole milk, and a ridiculous amount of food, has helped me to put on alot of weight.

After spending my whole week reading, most people prefer Whey protien the best. I made 2 threads, one of which is a poll, and I'm waiting for some more answers. Surprizingly not many people look at the Supplement forum... everybody is at the XXX Section. So hopefully soon enough there will be more votes on the poll and I can select a supplement too.

I stick to the basics, once a day centrums, creatine monohydrate mix w\gatoriade powder, and lots of whey shakes i usually buy ON 100% whey or ALl the whey i buy them 5lbs at a time.

M1t is a solid product and many poeple have seen very good results with it.

and oh yeah eat like its yuor job :-0

kk thanks, just a few more questions, what is TMG and M1T ?? Also when do you have your protein shakes and how many a day ?? I heard right before you goto bed is suppose to be good . . .as well as morning and post workout

you should shhot for at least 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So depending on what else you are eating would determine how mnay shakes you need, but after a workout is good and before bed is good as long as you take it with carbs, otherwise the protein you take will be used for energy and not for muscle building.

Not crabs, CARBOHYDRATES (carbs) although crabs are very good for you and quite tasty. If you are not trying to put on added weight avoid the nightly shake, and take BCAA's right before bed. I swear by muscle tech Pump Tech it's an incredible supplement goto GNC and buy the book the science of modern bodybuilding it's only 1.00 it xplains alot about NO2 products it's a good read.

TMG is also called glycine betaine, but the name “trimethylglycine” signifies that it has three methyl groups attached to each molecule of glycine.

Trimethylglycine lowers homocysteine levels.
Trimethylglycine has been found to protect liver cells from toxins.

Its a powerful Anti Oxidant.

The Chemistry of DMG and Trimethylglycine
DMG (dimethylglycine) is basically the amino acid glycine attached to two methyl groups while TMG has three methyl groups. In brief, choline (tetramethylglycine) has four methyl groups, and when it donates a methyl group it becomes Trimethylglycine and when Trimethylglycine donates a methyl group it becomes DMG. DMG, in turn, has two methyl groups left to methylate other substances in the body. Commonly these methyl groups are added to homocysteine, converting it into the amino acid methionine which is then converted to SAMe. SAMe is a nutrient available over the counter, which has been used as a powerful antidepressant. DMG plays a crucial role in the respiratory cycle of the cells, transporting oxygen and serving as a potent methyl donor. DMG acts as a building block for the synthesis of many important substances such as choline, SAM-e, the amino acid methionine, several hormones, neurotransmitters, and DNA. The formation of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine requires a methyl group donated by SAMe. Dopamine enhances sex drive. TMG (trimethylglycine), also known as betaine, is basically the amino acid glycine attached to three methyl groups. Simply, Trimethylglycine has one more methyl group than DMG.

I take 500mg every morning

whey and casein protein
creatine
glutamine
fish oil
glucosamine or MSM
dextro
ZMA
Optimen
ABB steel bars when i get the sweet tooth
I really like Optimums stuff so i recommend it also, everything i use is from them.

Bast said:
whey and casein protein
creatine
glutamine
fish oil
glucosamine or MSM
dextro
ZMA
Optimen
ABB steel bars when i get the sweet tooth
I really like Optimums stuff so i recommend it also, everything i use is from them.

Daymn thats a lot... a nice Meal Replacment Shake is all I use, but I am tiny :)

BCAA's= branched chain amino acids
Pump tech is shit don't waiste your $$ (least it had no affect on me)
heres the supplements I take. whey protein(30-40grams in the am usually w/oatmeal and 3 eggs, 30-40grams before workout w/some carbs, and 30-40grams after work out w/some carbs) , creatine monohydrate w/applejuice or gatorade, (have tried satur8, v12 turbo, and fizogen blitz cycle) seemed alright, but make decent gains w/just monohydrate also, bvitamins, multi vitamin, glucosomine/msm/chondrotin(for joints cuz I put alot of stress on mine) and thats about it for me. If u take a protein shake in the evening use casein instead of whey, but i usually just eat some meat or cottage cheese or something like that instead. Good to get alot of protein from FOOD instead of a shit load of protien shakes. Tell ya what, your diet will help u more then any supplement u could ever take.

Well supplements are in the diet bro :)
Otherwise i agree, i have my diet in good check and take my supps with this.. with food and shakes i´m @ about 400g of protein/day, most of it from food

prosource.net is the best supplement company, they have always been cheaper than anyone else. Alot of people who don't take No2 products such as pumptech correctly find that they don't work ,but for me they kick ass you gotta read the No2 book it's .99cents at GNC it's a great read. Pumptech is a prolonged supplement that you have to stay on for an extended amount of time get the maximum results. Get the 200 pill bottle and take it by the directions I guraentee it does what it's suppost to do.

tewlow said:
prosource.net is the best supplement company, they have always been cheaper than anyone else. Alot of people who don't take No2 products such as pumptech correctly find that they don't work ,but for me they kick ass you gotta read the No2 book it's .99cents at GNC it's a great read. Pumptech is a prolonged supplement that you have to stay on for an extended amount of time get the maximum results. Get the 200 pill bottle and take it by the directions I guraentee it does what it's suppost to do.

Guess who wrote that book? The makers of NO2. NO2 is complete garbage and you may want to consider your health in the long run and how determental NO2 products are. Dont buy into the hype and the GNC bullshit surrounding supplements.

Back