What to do when part of the rubber stopper comes off...in the test?!?

thades

So I'd read about people saying be careful using an 18g needle to draw because sometimes some of the rubber stopper will break off and might fall in the oil but i had never had it happen to me. Always as careful/gentle as I can be put a TINY piece apparently came off. So now what to do? Can I still use that bottle of cyp or do I have to throw it out and start over? Was thinking about trying to draw the piece of rubber up into a vial, obviously losing alittle test along with it, but at least then I wouldn't have to throw away the whole vial. Thoughts? Anyone had experience with this?

Do you wipe the rubber off with alcohol each time?

Pinnacle and other good brands are filtered great, so you can start drawing with higher guagees to keep it from happening. I would use 22 or 23 g.

If you wiped it each time it should be ok, but either way you'll be taking a small chance. Try to suck it in to the syringe and throw it away, then use the oils if you want to or grab another vial. A vial is cheaper than antibiotics and a dr visit.

Ya I always Wipe the vial off, more than once, honestly not sure why it happened this time, didn't do anything different than I've ever done. Gonna try and get it out, but I agree, another vial is much cheaper than antibiotics and a dr visit. Thanks for the input!

just pre load those syringes, and dodge that piece of rubber in the vial? thats what i would do! that way u can toss that vial once its all out, and hopefully u wont suck any rubber into the syringe, if u use slin pins, its slower but works or as others suggested 22-25 gauge should be good, without any chunks o rubber in them!

if the rubber is not small enough to be sucked into a syringe when you draw then it's ok. i wouldn't worry about it. if it is small enough to be drawn in a 23g needle i would just pay close attention everytime you draw to make sure you don't get that little fucker stuck in your syringe and then in your muscle.

just pre load those syringes, and dodge that piece of rubber in the vial? thats what i would do! that way u can toss that vial once its all out, and hopefully u wont suck any rubber into the syringe, if u use slin pins, its slower but works or as others suggested 22-25 gauge should be good, without any chunks o rubber in them!

That is a great idea! I think u should go with this, and monitor for signs of infection. I think u would b ok though.

be careful wit preloading just a couple at a time, some oils can eat away at the rubber plunger. Thats a reason to always have the vials upright as well.

it would take a long time for cotton seed oil, grapeseed oil, etc. to eat away at the rubber. actually i don't believe it will eat it, the rubber just naturally degrades over time but this takes years. a piece of rubber sitting in the vial for the next 4 weeks since he is on cycle right now, isn't going to do any harm. unless that rubber was contaminated. i'm guessing it was just a small piece from the underside, nothing from the top where the air hits it. you should be just fine dude.

Back