What would happen if I gave my Dog steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aboot said:
I know of at least a couple multi-millionaire vets that would love to back over you with their Lexus for saying that. :insane2:

I'll be happy to say it to their Face! How do you think they woud fare
one on one?

Aboot said:
How about free will? We put ourselves in harm's way by taking medication that in unnecessary and could be potentially harmful. Why would it be ok to do this to another animal? So I assume that you could give your children steroids simply because you give them to yourself? Just because you are willing to do something to yourself doesn't mean that you should be free to do it to someone else.

Is fixing a dog animal abuse? Is clipping it's tail at a young age animal abuse? How about forcing it to eat dogfood or forcing it to be your pet and imprisoning it in your home or yard? Is that animal abuse?

I think if anabolic steroids could be given to a pet safely for muscle gains I see no reason why not. We already force our pets to do all kinds of things, I see no reason why giving it something to improve it's muscle mass would be wrong and doing other trivial things to it isn't.

The example of giving it to children is wrong.Giving it to children is much more dangerous since they're still growing and it could damage their growth plates or body chemistry forever.

Fixing a dog is not abuse. If a male dog is not going to get laid (breed) it is alot safer to neuter them. There is like an 65-80% chance they will get testicular cancer if there ball are not cut off. I felt terrible about doing it to my dog especially after he learned how to lick them. And by the way I tried telling my wife that the same thing will happen to me if I dont get laid everday and it didnt work. LOL

dirk338 said:
Fixing a dog is not abuse. If a male dog is not going to get laid (breed) it is alot safer to neuter them. There is like an 65-80% chance they will get testicular cancer if there ball are not cut off. I felt terrible about doing it to my dog especially after he learned how to lick them. And by the way I tried telling my wife that the same thing will happen to me if I dont get laid everday and it didnt work. LOL

80% cancer risk? That seems absurdly high. Source?

Aboot said:
I'd definitely say that this isn't a fair comparison due once again to the issue of free will.

We push our will upon pets all of the time including the example i've given. Forcing them to be our pets,Imprisoning them in our homes,Forcing them to eat what we feed them and do what we say.

If you really care about a dogs freewill...Let it go run off and see if it comes back home. If he doesn't then that's his free will.

How about this...You can take some steroids and put them in a bowl and if he eats them then it's his free choice. :insane2:
I know my dog would.

But if you push your argument to the extreme then you would have to advocate for a pet owner's right to beat an animal to death or torture it. I am simply saying there are limits that need to be in place, the unnecessary medication of a pet for one's ego gratification being one of those limitations.

Aboot said:
But if you push your argument to the extreme then you would have to advocate for a pet owner's right to beat an animal to death or torture it. I am simply saying there are limits that need to be in place, the unnecessary medication of a pet for one's ego gratification being one of those limitations.

Not really...I drawed the line at "Safely". I said IF steroids can be given safely to a dog without health problems occuring then I see no reason why not for cosmetic purposes.

dirk338 said:
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/why_you_should_spay_or_neuter_your_pet.html. This is just the first sire that popped up when I searched it. It doesnt give the 80% chance in here, by the way my vet told me that, and it wasnt to make money because it was for free. But in this link it briefly explians the cancer in both male and female dogs.

Dirk- These money whore vets (sorry Aboot) are taught by Purina Inc. They do what they are told. When your nuts are cut off you don't produce testosterone or estrogen. Then you get FAT and Lazy and brittle bones.
Now the poor bugger has a thryoid problem. Pills am & pm. The vet makes money on this. I'd like to seem him chase my Champion Airedale around the House. I will check with VET. I'd like the VET to give him a little test.

I can see your point krembles. My vet is a person friend who doesnt charge me for anything not even surgeries or vaccinations. So i dont think he was telling me tt neuter him for the money. He also did a ACL reconstruction on my other dog which was supposed to be about $1,000 for free! I trust him more than I trust my doctors.

Micromegas said:
The same reason you'd want to muscle up yourself.

This guy is hard to argue with. He'll wrap your twisted logic around your
self serving arguments and next thing you will be babby sitting a bull mastiff on anabolic steroids. Be careful not to put to much gun power in his food please.

Krembles I appreciate that you are looking into this for your dog's well being and not to put him in the pit. What you are talking about would be more akin to doggie hrt.

it works, i've seen it. just don't screw up your dog for your own experiment.

Last edited:
This dog is a Wire Fox Terrier only 25 lbs. He used to go out on the lake with a doggie life jacke on a Wave Runner. Fifty Five M.P.H. He loved it. Almost caused a 100 accidents. He's got about 400 hours on the lake. Wave Runner finally blew up.

adam2433 said:
wow your so tough... and just so you know veterinary school is a total of 10 years of college. 4 year bs and 6 of med school. compared to 8 for an md.should know what your talking about before spewing nonsense.

I'm a retired stock broker. I am more impressed with the Middle Class, normal people. I was never impressed with status symbols. When you get older you tend to value true friend ship and family. It takes more than money to make one happy. I've got a BS in Business & Economics. Your wrong about 6 years of Med School. Unless you take one class at a time.

Didnt know we also discuss steroid use on animals also on this board.....was just wondering....if you gave deca to a male dog,will he get deca dick? :insane2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back