What's a good PWO food?

Chicago Made

Would a Powerbar type food work well, or is there something else you recommend?

I know it should be a carb and protein source that's instatized, but what's good for that?

Brian

Waxy Maise Starch mixed in water

20 mins later some carbs (fruit + oatmeal) and a protein shake.

I find this works best for me.

I prefer a fast carb like grape juice or a gatorade drink; followed by a heavy carb/protein meal after 15 minutes.

I thought a gatorade drink would be good, but right now I use the powder and take sips as I go along working out and especially during cardio.

I use 1 teaspoon of the Gatorade powder and 1 teaspoon of glutamine powder.

Today pwo I had a big 'ol apple, a bananna and a protein shake with 2 scoops and another teaspoon of glutamine. And in about 20 minutes I'm going to be having a roasted chicken with mashies. How does that sound?

bingo_soothes said:
I thought a gatorade drink would be good, but right now I use the powder and take sips as I go along working out and especially during cardio.

I use 1 teaspoon of the Gatorade powder and 1 teaspoon of glutamine powder.

Today pwo I had a big 'ol apple, a bananna and a protein shake with 2 scoops and another teaspoon of glutamine. And in about 20 minutes I'm going to be having a roasted chicken with mashies. How does that sound?

You should drink water water, and more water while working out...As well as throughout the whole day...Chicken and potatoes is a good meal, just make sure your eating good throughout the whole day...Not just post workout...

my typical PWO shake is
46g whey (con/iso mix)
18g liquid egg white
~70g of carbs from blueberries/rasberries/honey/banana mix.

Immediately after workout i have a muscle milk and rice cakes(45 g of carbs worth) 6 bcaa pills and 1g of glutamine

an hour later i have 45 g of protein form some form of meat or fish with a white potato

I take 40 grams of whey with 12oz of Grape Juice with some glutamine. 2 hours later some kind of lean meat with some rice and another serving of glutamine.

Off season I have a protein shake, fruit source and rice cakes. On season it's usually egg whites and brown rice or Red River.

15g hydro protien, 30g waxy maise starch immediately after...20 minutes later i have a handful of cashew nuts and 40g whey isolate...then i eat a solid meal about 30-45 minutes later.

Back