Whats everyones input on smoking cigs and cycling?

clayton1234

I know smoking is terrible, and should just not smoke, but curious if smoking can affect a cycle or not, I know smoking can cause bad blood flow, which obviously is horrid if your lifting, mainly want to know the effects it takes with your gear, I know all the normal side effects of smoking, like cancer, heart disease so forth, its just bad to smoke all around, but curious how it really effects a person who is cycling.

Aw man. Smoking is the dumbest thing ever. Why pay for poison? Smoking has no place I fitness. If you're smoking and cycling that's not cool. Quit one or the other.

I know smoking is terrible, and should just not smoke, but curious if smoking can affect a cycle or not, I know smoking can cause bad blood flow, which obviously is horrid if your lifting, mainly want to know the effects it takes with your gear, I know all the normal side effects of smoking, like cancer, heart disease so forth, its just bad to smoke all around, but curious how it really effects a person who is cycling.

Smoking does decrease protein synthesis. Obviously, this study was performed using non-enhanced subjects, but for parallel reference...there you go.

Try the new e-cigs. I give them to people at work. It is less taxing on their health, and it makes cigarette smokers more productive at work. Four people have quit so far this year. Everyone says they are fantastic...

Thanks for input, I don't really smoke, I have slip some times and have a occassional cig when iam out on the weekend, but I dont purchase or anything, was just curious , thanks again, ill just stay away period

I need the blunt truth and facts, to just say the hell with it, the feedbacks on here help alot, since there no beating around the bush. :) thanks again

Smoking one or two cigs on the weekend won't do fuk all.... Moderation. Full time then I agree with the other guys.

I'm an ex-smoker. I say stay away from that shit. Bodybuilding helped me get away from cigs, alcohol, crack, heroin, and all that other shit...haha no bull shit though. Six years clean and sober. Now I'm just a juicehead. :bigok:

Smoking is the dumbest thing. People use all sorts of excuses for smoking and not being able to stop. Just hit a bong or a joint and eat some good food. Nothing better.

I'm an ex-smoker. I say stay away from that shit. Bodybuilding helped me get away from cigs, alcohol, crack, heroin, and all that other shit...haha no bull shit though. Six years clean and sober. Now I'm just a juicehead. :bigok:

That is great that you have been clean and sober. Bodybuilding has helped me out on that end too; however, like you, I'm a juicehead, as well. : )

Back