What's the best time to do cardio ?

jimmyvec

Greetings,

We all do cardio to burn off the fat . but whats the best time to do it ?
I mean after your workout or before the start of your workout .
I heard that doing cardio after working out will not help you to get the best results.
For example: working out legs and doing cardio(treadmill/efx) after that will not help in developing the leg muscles ?
Is that true ? I'm really confused .
So please help out in this guys .

waiting for your replies

well i would then do it before lifting. that way when your done you can get your protein in after wo in the half hour window. but again thats my opinion im no guru like some of these guys.

Hey bro. Done lots of research on this myself and the general consensus is, other than fasted in am, 30-40 mins low intensity cardio post w/o is best (assuming you're not in a serious cutting mode), with HIIT on off day(s) if you wish. Personally this is what I follow and I dont do cardio on legs day. So I do low intensity 3x week post w/o, and on Sat or sun I do 60 min session of HIIT. Works well for me as Im currenty bulking.

Hey bro. Done lots of research on this myself and the general consensus is, other than fasted in am, 30-40 mins low intensity cardio post w/o is best (assuming you're not in a serious cutting mode), with HIIT on off day(s) if you wish. Personally this is what I follow and I dont do cardio on legs day. So I do low intensity 3x week post w/o, and on Sat or sun I do 60 min session of HIIT. Works well for me as Im currenty bulking.

Thanks for the info bro . I will try doing it post the workout session :)

well i would then do it before lifting. that way when your done you can get your protein in after wo in the half hour window. but again thats my opinion im no guru like some of these guys.

hmmmm okay . i think its better if i hit the gym early morning for cardio alone .
and thanks for your advice :)

The best time to do cardio is when you will actually do it. Just do it ! It all comes out in the wash. You cant "trick" the body by timing your cardio.

Back