wheels.. war vs weight room : critique and recommendations

Charles Bronson

old timey gentleman
critique my physique!

be gentle.. I'm very sensitive - right round the tip! yeah!!!

never hit leg day in the weight room, ever..

not yet anyhow.

when you do Thai Boxing, everyday is pretty much leg day.

think my legs are pretty jacked just from boxing

so here are pics from the last disco dance i signed up for not quite two years ago

can watch me progress through training for a fight, then a recent pic

fat Bronson.. year long lay off and i got fat as fuck!

552474d1374402039-one-year-still-starting-point-always-beginner-img_2991.jpg

starting to get there.. slightly less fat Bronson

552476d1374402357-one-year-still-starting-point-always-beginner-img_4467.jpg

and fighting weight Bronson.. 8-12 lbs of water weight away from making my division

View attachment 561455

and re-lit digitally.. where you don't have to look at my dick filling up them drawers

554148d1381369935-one-year-still-starting-point-always-beginner-41.jpg

wheels..

all chubbys preppin' for the big show

561201d1429075043-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0029.jpg

tightening up, last week before the show.. chopping the leg of my sparring partner off the mats..

561209d1429076620-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0798.jpg

grabbing a kick.. ready to drop the Dane meat hammer

561211d1429075061-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0799.jpg

and Bronson actually dropping said Danish meat hammer..

that glove is a blur, cause the old man still has some fire left in his paws..

power is the last thing to go

View attachment 561456

after math of a hard fought war of attrition..

fought a southpaw that beat on my lead leg, while i kicked his arms. he had been throwing a hard straight left hand ( southpaw ) so i kicked him on the arms til he quit throwing it.

then i kept kicking him on the arms because he was making faces every time i kicked him there - and I'm kind of a dick like that.. he didn't get off his stool to answer for the 4th round, yay Bronson by TKO.

he was tough. found out from the promoter later - i had cracked his ulnar on his left arm, the promoters insurance paid for the X-ray and the cast. and all i got was this cool purple leg..

561202d1429075048-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0162.jpg

561203d1429075055-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0168.jpg

my leg next to Mrs Bronsons leg.. she is almost as tall as i am, and I'm 5'10. so Mrs Bronson is a long cool drink of water..
daddy likes, daddy really likes Mrs Bronson.. i split my shin open kicking that fucker on his wrist all night.
they super glued the split together, then passed tape around it. so thats why have the cute lil piece of tape

561207d1429076413-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0604.jpg

and mien laag fully recovered!!! ik hebben zeik!!! think this was taken in a mirror, but yeah ,
left leg was the bruised one beaten to shit, right leg was kicking leg with the shin split open..

561208d1429076427-showing-dem-wheels-still-dropping-bf-but-looking-big-me-thinks-img_0789.jpg

so.. not much has changed about the wheels since then,

i have put on 15 -20 lbs since then, plenty of that in body fat.. but I'm heavier up top and making some progress with my strength and proportions..

View attachment 561457

i sub leg day with boxing day - every day in the gym doing Thai boxing is leg day..

right now my thighs are ilk 24's 25's, think my calves are probably 16 or 17's

thinking i would work on hamstrings and calves, can't ever really have too much hams or calves

worried that my legs would blow up if i start squatting and pressing now.. I'm working on upper arms and my V taoer for my back

everything is a weak point for a guy new to weight lifting, I'm no exception - but because i have a sport specific physique from boxing,
I'm working on my proportions and fundamental strength as a noob in the weight room..

feed back appreciated, troll away even...

but i would really like to hear what you guys think, what i should bring up and focus on in the gym..

strong points/ weak points.. let me know.

thanks in advance, Bronson

Last edited:
It would help to have a standard "relaxed" pose front shot of your current condition, maybe with shorts on to see legs in proportion to the upper body

From the action shots you look like a functionally built athlete; if you're looking to improve asthetics a bit the standard "bigger and leaner" would somewhat apply to most bodyparts

That's not to detract from your condition, you look mean as fck regardless of your age

absolutely, thanks for your comment brother..

i meant to put " any request for more/better pics let me know"

I'm getting ready to blog on the '15 farewell tour

ill get some good pics for the blog, post em up here too..

main things right now are developing fundamental strength for the things my future goals will entail and working on remedying the proportions that are all out of sorts from having done this sport for so long..

i have been told i have a decent base for jumping into body building, decent genetics.. those pics all pretty much just boxing and genetics minus the last pic - where id done some lifting consistently for about four months straight

i wasn't with 3 j's during that time, limited my gains with less than optimal diet and under dosed gear

now that i am on with 3 j's and running PSL - lets have fun busting coconuts and getting LEAN

then its off on my bulk..

I can't say you're necessarily lacking in any area as you're very well balanced Charlie. I wouldn't worry about legs getting too big; in my experience, you have to really train them for size before they become ridiculous. I train mine pretty hard, and do have to wear jeans/pants 4 sizes too big to be comfortable - but it's not terrible, and I still have a great deal of functionality. Of course I'm not training in contact sports either. :p

Looking fuckin great Bro-nson!

You actually have a very similar build to me. Nice and proportionate brother, as said above I don't really see any lacking areas. My only bit of advice would be to keep stretching! Especially on your bulk lol. Can't tell you how much flexibility I lost after my first bulk.. I used to be able to sit on the ground proper side splits, kick over my head quite easily... 6months and 30lbs later not a fucking chance lol. So hard to get it back too...

Last edited:
Mr. Bronson! Looking good! I love those legs of yours! Do give yourself more credit... (ps. I'm referring to your comment from the PM you sent me with this link which I am here too ;) )

You do have the discipline already so you can do magic for sure... with your diet on point, you can achieve it all... I do agree... can you send or post more relaxed pics of your full body... would like to see a little more detail as your movements shots are hard to really pin point.... but overall, keep your bottom half trained... as I said in my message... light weight and high reps... keep the definition without adding size...

i really appreciate the comments and advice..
i trust the things being said here by people i respect.
really need the outside perspective..

I'm self aware enough to realize i have body dysmorphia..
i am always too skinny or too fat, been this way my whole life.

im aspiring to hopefully suffer from "big -0- rexia" one day

ha!!!

Halfwit , Prince D, Dobie Goddess..

think I'm going to stick with the drills i run for legs in the boxing gym once I'm hang the gloves up for good.

my leg day would be done at home. would include being my cardio and flexibility day of training in addition to legs

hi jump/low jump ( performed 100% on th balls of your feet) this hits calves like nothing else.. burpees, ducks, leap frogs, and finished off with 10 sets of 20 second wind sprints done with a 30 to 45 second wolf trot for rests between bursts.

everything done in short bursts of the highest intensity, to failure ( cardio or muscle cramping being failure)

after drills and wind sprints, ill have a bag hung at the house i can do 4 rounds 2/kicks 2/knees and have a ridiculous pump

after a short cool down ( dip in the pool! fuck yea!)

ill sprawl out for some light stretching.. no van damme splits or chick norris high kicks in blue jeans, just a comfortably warming steady burn.. to preserve the flexibility i already have now..

the only thing i will do in the weight room, would be calf raises - and MAYBE hamstring curls.. try those and se if I'm feeling it

will eventually throw those calf raises in two days a week, like back and bis day and chest triceps day - calves

Dobie Goddess, sending you a pm..

thank you all again for the opinions and comments, very much appreciated

Bronson

Back