When I am limited in my day - lift or cardio?

doctorjc

his past month I have been limited by work and school on my workout plan. I am currently going into the 12th week of my cycle (out of 14) and have started cutting a week ago. Got to 200lbs from about 185lbs and kept the same bodyfat percentage (14-15%). I am looking to lean out more and am on a strict cutting diet (paying special attention to carbs intake, sugar, and fats).

I wanted to know if I have the opportunity to either run on an empty stomach for 30-45 mins or lift (after eating a half cup of carbs and some protein) as my only exercise for the day which will benefit me more? I'd like to maintain my lean muscle mass and lose the fat.

If your trying to cut, lean out
Cardio and the diet are your best options.

My personal preference if I have to choose it to lift rather than cardio, increased muscle mass mean higher metabolic rate. if you have at least an hour in the gym i would actually do a combination of both. 40 min weights 20 min cardio

If your trying to cut, lean out
Cardio and the diet are your best options.

My personal preference if I have to choose it to lift rather than cardio, increased muscle mass mean higher metabolic rate. if you have at least an hour in the gym i would actually do a combination of both. 40 min weights 20 min cardio

What he said.

Back