Which insulin is better for the purpose or building muscle?

Steroid123

I am banned!
First off I know the risk if insulin and will be monitored.

I was wondering if a fast acting insulin or medium acting insulin would be better?
Would using humalin r or novolin r be better than the faster acting insulin apidra (insulin glulisine)

I'm leaning toward the faster insulin because I'm planning to use after workouts and I workout later in day and will have to stay up while it's active in my system to deal with any hypo effects. But I could use it sporadically throughout the day too. Please give me your advice. Thank u

First off I know the risk if insulin and will be monitored.

I was wondering if a fast acting insulin or medium acting insulin would be better?
Would using humalin r or novolin r be better than the faster acting insulin apidra (insulin glulisine)

I'm leaning toward the faster insulin because I'm planning to use after workouts and I workout later in day and will have to stay up while it's active in my system to deal with any hypo effects. But I could use it sporadically throughout the day too. Please give me your advice. Thank u

if you are not nearly ready to compete at a decent level, there is no need for insulin, none at all... you can add a lot of size with diet, gear and training, stay away from the insulin unless you're looking for that last few pounds to compete with the world beaters

Now granted I agree: Insulin isn't something to be just played around with.
But saying it should only be used by a competitor; I feel is a bit excessive.

Protein intake post workout without an insulin spike is practically useless. Yes a natural insulin spike is easily enough achievable and plenty for any level of growth.

I guess my point is that we use many compounds that effect our endocrine system in so many ways: Yet Insulin is always looked at "AS THE DEVIL" ha

Apidra is super fast bro and can get dangerous if you're gonna do it then use humalin r and start small

Now granted I agree: Insulin isn't something to be just played around with.
But saying it should only be used by a competitor; I feel is a bit excessive.

Protein intake post workout without an insulin spike is practically useless. Yes a natural insulin spike is easily enough achievable and plenty for any level of growth.

I guess my point is that we use many compounds that effect our endocrine system in so many ways: Yet Insulin is always looked at "AS THE DEVIL" ha

probably because insulin can kill you, fast... most compounds don't have that kind of result

You do not need insulin, I've read many of your posts, this is not something you should be getting into. Am i against insulin use? Not at all. The user must be very knowledgable on many different things for me to think its a good idea though. Spend some time researching and then spend some more time researching. Even then its trial and error, just hope you have enough knowledge to avoid a bad situtation, like falling asleep, going hypo, and not waking up.

That's because that is the only compound, like Chinawall stated in here somewhere already, that if you fuck up, you could die.

Insulin: yes in smaller doses can kill you. Making it quite more dangerous then say... test.

My real point is that you'd have to mess up pretty badly, research for two minutes and you'll see that insulin drops BGL fast and that carbs are an absolute. Sure it can be very complicated: "oh whats BGL?" well then honestly if you dont know what BGL you shouldnt even be taking AAS let alone insulin.

The scare stories I feel are a bit humorous as well... so you inj a compound at quite a high dose knowing it would lower your BGL but your gonna drive home to your carbs instead just having them there? Smart guy

Hey if some guy just handed me some test and I had no clue how to use it then maybe I'd inj it IV... should've done two seconds of research.

I don't advocate anyone taking insulin... but not because its insulin... because I don't advocate anyone taking anything with out a proper knowledge of how it should be used, what it will do, how your body will respond Pos/neg, and safety in using.
To a knowledgeable person who has an understanding of a compound ...insulin is no more dangerous IMO

if you ever pull that kind of BullShit on one of my posts again... you won't be around long mate

and let's be VERY clear... u don't have to be anywhere near an idiot to die from misuse of insulin

Flex those powers please.

Last edited:
Just because I'm curious.
How many people have you heard or know die from insulin?

I never said it wasn't dangerous, but with a little research it's pretty safe if you have your carbs dialed in.
Actually I just heard an interview where milos said hgh use for an extended period of time has a higher chance of turning you diabetic than cycling insulin.

if you ever pull that kind of BS on one of my posts again... you won't be around long mate

and let's be VERY clear... u don't have to be anywhere near an idiot to die from misuse of insulin

LMFAO ...Bitch please... And no offense but you do need to be an idiot to misuse insulin in the first place. Sure the compound is dangerous and sure it can kill you if misused but in all honesty you gotta be pretty stupid to start using insulin with out proper knowledge and a dialed in diet to begin with so if someone does this does that not make them an idot.

Insulin has many uses in BB not just competing, insulin can be used to quickly enter in a state of keto, can be used for a cut or a bulk, etc.. Seriously if you think it is for comp only and you run HGH and AAS you are missing out on the synergy between the 3.

Insulin: yes in smaller doses can kill you. Making it quite more dangerous then say... test.

My real point is that you'd have to mess up pretty badly, research for two minutes and you'll see that insulin drops BGL fast and that carbs are an absolute. Sure it can be very complicated: "oh whats BGL?" well then honestly if you dont know what BGL you shouldnt even be taking AAS let alone insulin.

The scare stories I feel are a bit humorous as well... so you inj a compound at quite a high dose knowing it would lower your BGL but your gonna drive home to your carbs instead just having them there? Smart guy

Hey if some guy just handed me some test and I had no clue how to use it then maybe I'd inj it IV... should've done two seconds of research.

I don't advocate anyone taking insulin... but not because its insulin... because I don't advocate anyone taking anything with out a proper knowledge of how it should be used, what it will do, how your body will respond Pos/neg, and safety in using.
To a knowledgeable person who has an understanding of a compound ...insulin is no more dangerous IMO

I whole heartedly agree, insulin like every other compound we use has its positive and negative and once we understand how the body utilizes the compound and how to manipulate to get to an end result using said compound the risk factors are no more relevant than any other compound we inject.

Just because I'm curious.
How many people have you heard or know die from insulin?

I never said it wasn't dangerous, but with a little research it's pretty safe if you have your carbs dialed in.
Actually I just heard an interview where milos said hgh use for an extended period of time has a higher chance of turning you diabetic than cycling insulin.

If you actually talk to a diabetic who uses insulin daily and look at the doses some of them take and compare to the amounts we use its a freaking joke.
Sure Insulin is dangerous but someone taking 10iu post work out can avoid issues by simply eating a very minimal amount of carbs for example 20g of carbs would nulify any serious issues at this dosage. People need to understand that the advocated 10g carbs per IU is not a basis on keeping you alive of safe its an amount to promote the maximum use of nutrient shuttling. An average person can get away with a very minimal amount of carbs and be ok. I would not recommend anyone starting to do this obviously as its all about knowing your limits and your body.

LMFAO ...Bitch please... And no offense but you do need to be an idiot to misuse insulin in the first place. Sure the compound is dangerous and sure it can kill you if misused but in all honesty you gotta be pretty stupid to start using insulin with out proper knowledge and a dialed in diet to begin with so if someone does this does that not make them an idot.

Insulin has many uses in BB not just competing, insulin can be used to quickly enter in a state of keto, can be used for a cut or a bulk, etc.. Seriously if you think it is for comp only and you run HGH and AAS you are missing out on the synergy between the 3.

I whole heartedly agree, insulin like every other compound we use has its positive and negative and once we understand how the body utilizes the compound and how to manipulate to get to an end result using said compound the risk factors are no more relevant than any other compound we inject.

If you actually talk to a diabetic who uses insulin daily and look at the doses some of them take and compare to the amounts we use its a freaking joke.
Sure Insulin is dangerous but someone taking 10iu post work out can avoid issues by simply eating a very minimal amount of carbs for example 20g of carbs would nulify any serious issues at this dosage. People need to understand that the advocated 10g carbs per IU is not a basis on keeping you alive of safe its an amount to promote the maximum use of nutrient shuttling. An average person can get away with a very minimal amount of carbs and be ok. I would not recommend anyone starting to do this obviously as its all about knowing your limits and your body.

I guess when you have "pharma" in your description, you can go around dropping "bitch" whenever you feel like it... I'm Canadian, but being away for so many years really made me realize how many dicks live in this part of the world ;)

How can the dangers of insulin be so casually minimized by people? One mistake and it could be it man. People say oh you have to be an idiot. Like we dont see 20 idiot posts per day? Winstrol only first cycles? What is pct? Should I go on?
Its looked at as magic because it is taboo. Its not. Dont assume because you are intelligent and careful and well educated everyone is, clearly they arent and anyone can make a mistake. One here could be very costly. Those that make a joke out of it want to be responsible for someone hurting themselves or worse? I dont.
Cost benefits my friends. Id venture to guess 95% of the posts asking about slin the poster would be better served spending the time tweaking diet nutrition and training than worrying about using slin.
Just saying.

At the end of the day, you can OD on anything you take too much of. There is a gear "guru" out there who advocates the use of insulin whilst on a ketogenic diet. 3 x 10iu per day. The issue with insulin is some people can't tell the difference between an international unit, a millilitre, a milligram, a pound (insert another scale of measure here) etc. The knowledgable people commenting in this thread i.e. Jimi, Schredder, CW, Kaz, you're all essentially explaining the same thing. Research, learn and be smart. That goes for anything you do in life.

Can't we all just get along? *Hugs*

Back