Whos on SSRI's + TRT? (Antidepressants)

STAUNCHED427

Elite Juicer
Hey fellas,

Just wondering if anyone here is on SSRI's alongside TRT or blast/cruising, cycling etc for that matter...

I know T is and one or two others, do you feel like it compliments the TRT well? Any issues?

I am on an SSRI and on TRT - and just about to finish a Deca / High Test-Cyp bulking cycle.

I can say the only issue I have run into is one of the side effects of the SSRI - which is the inability to actually achieve orgasm. VERY frustrating. I can get to the point where you KNOW it is about to happen - then it does not...and never will. To overcome (yes, pun intended) this issue, I have started using IPT-141. It effectively negates the problem and restores normal operation - for the two days after pinning, then the SSRI wins again.

I'm pretty sure the inability to orgasm from SSRI use is due to an increase in prolactin, supposedly from the Serotonin agonism lowering dopamine which in turn can increase prolactin. Dopamine/Prolactin play a big role in sexual desire and function so this isn't really much of a concern. Im curious to know if the SSRI blunts your well-being response from Test in particular and things like Mast, or if it say keeps you balanced during Tren. No fellas, I am not on an SSRI in an attempt to use Tren, they aren't to be fucked with it is and as much as I hate SSRI's to treat depression/mild anxiety as it has worsened drastically this year hence my reason for wanting to blast my test up higher.

Anyway...Throw in Nandro and Test and if you prone you've potentially got yourself a prolactin party going on.

Have you got blood tests? I would be really curious to see your prolactin. What dose and what SSRI are you on?

Also, if you have it, give Prami a shot...This will fix the issue if it is due to inability to orgasm due to lowered dopamine/increased prolactin. There are trials where SSRIs+Prami have actually worked quite well for depression and knocks out some of the SSRI sides.

I have prami on hand and have used it some due to taking Deca and a high Test-Cyp during my 12 week bulking cycle. I have not noticed a lack of desire, just a lack of ability to complete the act. My well being has been good, but that should be caused by the SSRI - that is its primary purpose, right?

Yeah I know the feeling, I've just started Sertraline again at 25mg to try assist depression and general anxiety and mentally I am currently feeling as good as I did before test levels took a decline about 3 years ago. I didn't realise how bad I have been feeling lately until it kicked, I notice it always works immediately for me mentally but I am going through the start up phase of headaches, nausea, appetite loss etc but in my eyes a small price to pay for the way I feel mentally.

I noticed the lack of desire is still there, but it's as if your able to last much longer in some cases too much longer... I get the same thing from higher deca but it's not a problem, just don't expect to do quickies lol. I believe it is used off-label in low dosages for Premature ejaculation as well.

I have always been against SSRI's and their pharmacology and uknown long-term effects, but that may have what has held me back itself in sorting it out.

Yeah, I am only going to be on it for around 9 months as an aid to sort things out.

That's my plan as well... Because all it's doing it's job and making me feel how I once did a few years ago before things took a turn, so need it temporarily to sort out the cause and then come off it. And I was against them, but the stigma surrounds it, but I believe and have seen myself they can be affective and this is from a pharmacological and real world point of view so...

I have prami on hand and have used it some due to taking Deca and a high Test-Cyp during my 12 week bulking cycle. I have not noticed a lack of desire, just a lack of ability to complete the act. My well being has been good, but that should be caused by the SSRI - that is its primary purpose, right?

Maybe try switching SSRI. Personally I could not for the life of me ejaculate from the age of 19 to around 24 when I was on Paroxetin, I could be going with a hard on for 3-4 hours straight in the sack sometimes, not even exaggerating as I have fucked some serious freaky women in my life. First time I ever managed to ejaculate on SSRI's was after swithcing to Escitalopram(cipralx).

And the weirdest thing now is when going off the AD my libido goes down. Think I actually have become addicted/ dependant to it, like my body needs it to function somewhat properly.

( On a sidenote I could actually come while on the paroxetin when jerking off, but it sure took a while..)

Last edited:
Yeah each SSRI will vary in their sides and how it will work for you... Zoloft is actually quite good for me to use, although I'm off it now just as an update

I've tried quite a few SSRI's and from my experience Paroxetine at a dose of 20mg seems to work the best in terms of mood stabilization (for me). However it is also the worst one for achieving an orgasm... However, If i am able to achieve one, its usually pretty intense. Zoloft dulls me out too much. But i was also on 150 mg... Achieving an orgasm wasn't too much of a challenge though.

I am on an SSRI and on TRT - and just about to finish a Deca / High Test-Cyp bulking cycle.

I can say the only issue I have run into is one of the side effects of the SSRI - which is the inability to actually achieve orgasm. VERY frustrating. I can get to the point where you KNOW it is about to happen - then it does not...and never will. To overcome (yes, pun intended) this issue, I have started using IPT-141. It effectively negates the problem and restores normal operation - for the two days after pinning, then the SSRI wins again.

I'm struggling with this right now Abdul only on the SSRI. So dam frustrating, I need to book an appointment with my doc and see if I can find a way around this.

I would suggest Pramipexole, a few dudes use it to counteract SSRI induced sides which in a lot of cases is the result of too high of a dose = excess 5HT inhibition = excess synaptic 5HT = dapemnning of dopamine which ultimately leads to increased prolactin and fatigue etc etc

I'm on a low dose of Zoloft/Sertaline at 25mg ED still, however will be switching to Fluoxetine. As I mentioned earlier each SSRI whilst pretty much all work via inhibition of the 5HT transporter, they each have slightly different affinities for specific regions/receptors. Zoloft has been proven to have an effect on dopamine transporters in the Nuccleus Accumbens and Striatum which is unique yet Fluoxetine blocks the 5HT2C receptor which is a mechanism for it causing NA/DA increases in the prefrontal cortex... Hopefully this can faciliatate a better focus effect on me.

It can be trial and error, make no mistake SSRI's are not candy and you should always speak to your doctor about them or changing/supplementing other compounds with them.

I use trazodone 50-100mg in the evening. Gives you a hard on lol. Tried all other SSRIs and they all make me unable to finish.

Trazadone is a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant) which work somewhat differently than SSRI's, I used to take it and definitely noticed the erections but it just makes me feel weird versus putting me to bed.

On the note or SSRI's and sexual sides... have you fellas tried an SNRI instead? Or the combo of both? I found Wellbutrin (SNRI) to work much better for me in terms of anxiety, depression, etc and less sexual side effects. Also noticed a huge increase in focus and clarity which is clearly from the norepinephrine end of it., just something to note in my experience.

About 4-5 months after starting TRT I was able to drop the meds so well I did use them together for awhile I do find I do not need them with testosterone being at a normal and healthy level.

Does testosterone happen to play a role in any of the bodies neurotransmitters? I have to assume it does.

Back