Why did I go hypo during cardio this morning?

anzel

I have been bulking and doing very little cardio. I had a sudden break in my schedule today so I went into the gym early to walk on the treadmill. It was so early I decided to drink my eggwhites and eat a banana instead of my usual eggs and 1 cup of oats. I started walking on the tread mill about an hour after I ate and 20 min in I became weak and tired and started sweating. HR was no higher than 105. I finished up with 2 miles and went and drank my whey shake and felt better. It seems odd this would happen? My health is good as far as I know.

Not enough fat makes me go hypo. Sounds like you didnt have any fats...you need those

Last edited:
Your blood sugar dropped too low. 1 banana doesnt have many carbs. If thats all you ate before you did all that cardio thats the culprit.

Its not the cardio that caused it, its the lack of or improper food that was consumed.

I can get hypo sitting there doing nothing if I miss a meal or dont get enough carbs. My metabilism runs at light speed. I always keep candy near by :)

If I eat too much sweet foods at night the morning after I'm the incredible Hulk and not in a good way. Dont come around me until I have some kind of sugar in my system. A candy bar is good to have around but I would rather have fruit to sooth the beast in me.

Last edited:
AH. I usually eat 3 whole eggs with my whites and a cup of oats with raisins. I should have had 2 tablespoons of MCT oil or some PB with what I ate this morn.
Thanks guys

I have been bulking and doing very little cardio. I had a sudden break in my schedule today so I went into the gym early to walk on the treadmill. It was so early I decided to drink my eggwhites and eat a banana instead of my usual eggs and 1 cup of oats. I started walking on the tread mill about an hour after I ate and 20 min in I became weak and tired and started sweating. HR was no higher than 105. I finished up with 2 miles and went and drank my whey shake and felt better. It seems odd this would happen? My health is good as far as I know.

I'd get an hba1c done. Healthy folks shouldn't go hypoglycemic except for very specific exceptions. You on tren? (that's a potential one)

What did you eat the night before? Was it late night sweets? I ask because the same thing happens to me when my sugar drops in the morning after a chocolate cake and ice cream midnight feast. Also, did you drink anything after you woke up or where the eggwhites and bananas the first thing that hit your stomach? The simple shock of those could of been enough to get you like that.

I'd get an hba1c done. Healthy folks shouldn't go hypoglycemic except for very specific exceptions. You on tren? (that's a potential one)

I wasnt bad. I just fely a little weak and started sweating. It never happens except for this one time and I didnt eat the normal way I always do.

What did you eat the night before? Was it late night sweets? I ask because the same thing happens to me when my sugar drops in the morning after a chocolate cake and ice cream midnight feast. Also, did you drink anything after you woke up or where the eggwhites and bananas the first thing that hit your stomach? The simple shock of those could of been enough to get you like that.

The EW and Nanna were the first thing to hit my gut. and I drank water on the way to the gym. I dont remember exactly what I ate , the night before, now cause this happened about 2 weeks ago. I ate meat veggies and carbs for sure as I am bulking. I may have had greek yogurt right before bed.

I wasnt bad. I just fely a little weak and started sweating. It never happens except for this one time and I didnt eat the normal way I always do.

I'd still get an hba1c just to be sure. Feeling sick or weak IS NORMAL when doing cardio fasted or with minimal food intake, but going hypoglycemic is not. This often happens due to an insulin issue, where the body starts to release more and more as resistance increases.

I'm not trying to alarm you at all, just think it's best to get things squared away early versus late. :)

Back