Why is water so important?

iwannabod

Pain is for losers
I know that we need to keep ourselves hydrated. That is not the problem but it seems that we are supposed to injest so much water that we are pissing every 15 minutes. That just seems crazy to me. So I ask; why do we need to drink that much?

True story. My nips are small due to my water intake.

3J or Cashout might know the definitive answer to this. I read something about your body needs a lot of water to transfer the nutrients throughout the body. Needs water to break down those nutrients. Needs water for almost every bodily function

True story. My nips are small due to my water intake.

3J or Cashout might know the definitive answer to this. I read something about your body needs a lot of water to transfer the nutrients throughout the body. Needs water to break down those nutrients. Needs water for almost every bodily function

yes sure, and to keep it more concise... isn't the water that form 80% of the human body? yes. then we need it proportionaly of the use we make of our self body.

also, as your body gets used to drinking that much water, you will urinate less and less frequently and it will be regulated.

Water is also necessary for the production of ATP, and basically everything else in the body.
You shouldn't have to piss every 15min, but you should be well hydrated and never dehydrated. Regardless your body is really efficient at keeping homeostasis, so monitor your water intake, but don't obsess about it.

Water is over-rated. I've done the "gallon per day" bullshit for long periods and all you do is pee like a race horse. You don't need that much water. You get plenty of water from everything you drink during the day plus if you drink 8 glasses of pure water on top of it, you will be well hydrated.

Water is over-rated. I've done the "gallon per day" bullshit for long periods and all you do is pee like a race horse. You don't need that much water. You get plenty of water from everything you drink during the day plus if you drink 8 glasses of pure water on top of it, you will be well hydrated.

I disagree. I think as bodybuilders we need about a gallon a day because of the workouts, muscle cells, and cals that we eat.

I can personally feel a night and day difference between a half gallon and a gallon of water a day.

Livestrong.com reports that we get around 20% of our recommended daily water intake from things like milk, oj, veggies, fruits...
Water Intake For Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM

But with running say Test E for example it's recommended to consume near 2 gallons a day to prevent sides like water retention and bloating.

I've noticed bloat shortly after I started my cycle. I ran Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on/off to keep the bloat down but nothing reduced it more than water intake I can assure you.

I disagree. I think as bodybuilders we need about a gallon a day because of the workouts, muscle cells, and cals that we eat.

I can personally feel a night and day difference between a half gallon and a gallon of water a day.

^Correct. And considering im sure the reason most of us are here is to get bigger/stronger/healthier, adequate hydration is extremely important. Water is used in almost all bodily processes in one way or another. It isnt unheard of to lose a couple glasses of water just in sweat during intense workouts. Water = weight.

Here's a good one for you guys... Is gatorade a good substitute for part of your water consumption.

For example I drink about a gallon of water a day so I split it up into four quarts. I get kind of sick of drinking just water so I'll do a quart of water then a quart of gatorade (I buy the powder and just mix it with water to save $$) Then I'll drink 2 more quarts of water. Is this a good substitute?

Here's a good one for you guys... Is gatorade a good substitute for part of your water consumption.

For example I drink about a gallon of water a day so I split it up into four quarts. I get kind of sick of drinking just water so I'll do a quart of water then a quart of gatorade (I buy the powder and just mix it with water to save $$) Then I'll drink 2 more quarts of water. Is this a good substitute?

i see guys making it since years... and they are OK with it.

BTW twinlab compagny make powder espicialy for it.

Your body breaks down molecules (Food) through hydrolysis (water). The body builds molecules through dehydration synthesis. Also water helps maintain PH balance, temperature, ect. Its called homeostasis homes and you can't live without it. Water uses the power of osmosis to carry out all kinds of different tranfers between cells.

Last edited:
Back