Why not automatically stack Proviron with a test cycle?

H

HeavyBomber

When doing a 10 week cycle of test en. ...

Why wait for gyno symptoms to materialize and then combat it with nolva when you could just take a daily dose of proviron and avoid it in the first place?

Proviron keeps aromatase from converting test to estrogen and is supposed to have an intensifying effect on the test.

Why then wouldn't you automatically stack it with test from the beginning??

I ask because I never see it as part of a recommended test cycle.

Two reasons:

1. If proviron does in fact keep aromatase from converting test to estrogen, it is not especially effective at doing so. There is no clinical proof that it does this. I definately would not rely on it as my sole anti estrogen if I had any sensitivity to estrogen.

2. Proviron is expensive.

I like what proviron does for me but for many people, it isn't worth the money.

I agree with Trevdog, i've never seen any proof that proviron inhibits aromatase...

It didn't affect E of hypogonadal men in this abstract:

Horm Metab Res. 1984 Sep;16(9):492-7. Related Articles, Links

Effect of non aromatizable androgens on LHRH and TRH responses in primary testicular failure.

Spitz IM, Margalioth EJ, Yeger Y, Livshin Y, Zylber-Haran E, Shilo S.

We have assessed the gonadotropin, TSH and PRL responses to the non aromatizable androgens, mesterolone and fluoxymestrone, in 27 patients with primary testicular failure. All patients were given a bolus of LHRH (100 micrograms) and TRH (200 micrograms) at zero time. Nine subjects received a further bolus of TRH at 30 mins. The latter were then given mesterolone 150 mg daily for 6 weeks. The remaining subjects received fluoxymesterone 5 mg daily for 4 weeks and 10 mg daily for 2 weeks. On the last day of the androgen administration, the subjects were re-challenged with LHRH and TRH according to the identical protocol. When compared to controls, the patients had normal circulating levels of testosterone, estradiol, PRL and thyroid hormones. However, basal LH, FSH and TSH levels, as well as gonadotropin responses to LHRH and TSH and PRL responses to TRH, were increased. Mesterolone administration produced no changes in steroids, thyroid hormones, gonadotropins nor PRL. There was, however, a reduction in the integrated and incremental TSH secretion after TRH. Fluoxymesterone administration was accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin (with associated decreases in T3 and increases in T3 resin uptake). The free T4 index was unaltered, which implies that thyroid function was unchanged. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone, gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels were unaltered during fluoxymesterone treatment.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Im currently on a 10 week test cycle and ive been adding proviron at 25mg a day since week 2. I feel that its deff keeping my bloating down, and i havent had any gyno sides yet. Plus it adds to my sexual appitite :D . And for the cost, i get it at $18.50 a bottle(20 25mg tabs), so thats like 60 bucks for a cycles worth and i dont think thats that bad. Just my 2 cents...

It is definately great for libido. I love using 25-50 mgs. with test. I'm knocking it out 1-2 x daily on that combo and loving it.

I have run it in one cycle and I was reaching for the nolvadex 3/4 of the way through and didnt really see any differnce in gains. I did have a chubsickle 50% of the day though......Which in my opinion was'nt a positive benefit.......It also cost me four times more than the 30ml;s of test I ran during the same cycle......WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back