Working Legs more than once a week?

Fyre said:
I could never squat twice a week. I'm so sore from training legs just once a week!!

really? I like to do certain compound movements twice weekly it keeps my body in gear.

I like to do stiff deads twice a week as well on back day and on leg day
some say its too much but I like it:)

OMEGA said:
really? I like to do certain compound movements twice weekly it keeps my body in gear.

I like to do stiff deads twice a week as well on back day and on leg day
some say its too much but I like it:)

hmmm ok looks good wrote that down

I have two schools of thought here... Works for me. Sometimes I will work legs on a day by themselves as part of a 4 day cycle so it is possible for me to hit them twice in a 1 week period.

The other think I do is break it out into 3rds with my other bodyparts:
Chest and calfs, Shoulders and Quads, Back and Hams, Arms(by them self)

I also do cardio everyother day for 45 min.

What I have noticed is that splitting up my legs allows me to really beat the hell out of them. But, I only do this for a month on and a month off because by the end of a month, they just don't get enough rest. But they really cut up well during that training.

I wouldn't train them twice a week unless you just split quads and hams up, OR if you want to prioritize legs, train all you other body parts with low volume (just enough to maintain them) one day a week and then have two diff leg workout. Say something like this:

Mon: Leg workout 1
Tues: rest
Wed: maintaince workout for all of body besides legs
Thurs: rest
Fri: Leg workout 2
Sat and Sun: rest

Leg workout 1

squats 5x5
Lunges 2-3 working sets
stiff leg deads 2-3 working sets
lying leg curls 2-3 working sets
standing calf raises 2-3 working sets
seated calf raises 2-3 working sets

Leg workout 2

Good morning 5x5
Ham kickbacks 2-3 working sets
2 calf exercises of choice 2-3 working sets
Leg presses 2-3 working sets
Hack squats 2-3 working sets

This still might be too much to recover from, depends on how intensely you train and your recovery ability.

Back