Workout for 50 Year Old

brazensol

Getting back into weighlifting and need some advise for a routine. I just started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) 3 weeks ago so not close to dialed in yet. Would one workout per week per muscle group be the way to start? Or is that not enough? I am about 30 pounds overweight so I have been doing some treadmill work. I used to be able to add/lose weight easily but not anymore probably do to low testosterone levels (231 mg/dl at last blood test). Thanks for any recommendations.

Also any advice on basic muscle building supplements?

Welcome to the 50 club i would start with 2 days a week with light intensity training at first then go from there see how you feel then to 3 days a week do cardio each time you are in the gym keep your diet in check increase your protein intake reduce carbs to lose some weight good luck mate

CHEERS GT

welcome back to the gym. your diet is going to be key.... you could walk to the end of the earth but if your eatting burger king the whole time you arent going loss anything.

for a supplement just get a good whey protein and make shakes with ice water.... good protein lowwww in calories, fat, and carbs
glucosamine for joints 2000mg per day

fish oil

Multivitamin / multimineral

you might think about doing curcuit training where you work every body part once with no breaks then take a 3 minute break and do it again...rep range from 10-12...... it will keep your heart rate up and get you burning. try it on a monday and thursday other days cardio. do that for a while and your muscles will be ready for harder stuff.

on curcuitt training if someone is on the machine you want to use do not wait for them move to the next excerse or use a different machine.

my 2cent

Back