Wtf???

THe off season is hard on bi-polars who need the mania of playing. It's sad.

Yea, Big George said something along those same lines. And many are hooked on stims n have substance issues...here's a link to the interview with him from last night.

Not sure how good it is...

TSN Video Player

Might have to scroll down a bit and click on the Laraque clip...

Tragic!! Hockey also lost former San Jose Sharks forward Tom Cavanagh in Feb 2011. Hate the way people try to blame this on hockey or being an enforcer, when they should be focusing on mental health issues instead... Guaranteed if any one of them were found to be on roids, it would be a steroid issue!

Last edited:
Georges Laraque penned a piece for the Globe & Main saying that while he hated fighting, it's a necessary evil in the NHL.
The new problem of the NHL - The Globe and Mail

I agree with big george, and he should be the leader of the group that he say's should exist to aid with troubled enforcers.Here's a tid bit from that link you posted...

"Laraque says that having a committee of former fighters being available on stand-by for players having trouble with dealing with the perils of fighting (low salary, constant pain, fear of losing your job to another fighter) can turn to them for help in talking those issues out. It’s a great idea that helps split the difference between taking something out of the game that some view as necessary and others see as a needless side show that appeals to the lowest common denominator."

Also Sinden should shut his mouth...:D

Totally true about the side show. However there is nothing like a fight to get a team pumped or get the crowd cheering.

It's part of the game. Keep the candy assed liberals out of my sport. It's a physical sport that get intense some times the pressure needs to blow and other times you have to keep people honest. If you take fighting out the game you destroy the sport.

I understand this both from a players and a coaches prospective. North American Ice hockey is the greatest sport on the earth. Leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is.

Back