you guys tell your doctor you take steroids?

SoHo

[gill]
last month i went to my doctor to get a script she's really nice. all new patients need to take a blood work. in mine they found high hemoglobin and hematocrit, very very low TSH, no t4, and t3 out of range. i know why.. because i take test and t3.

a month later i went for a follow up and told her i really dont want bloods drawn today. we continued talking about how i wanna go donate blood, i asked her for a finasteride script, and she was like "do you take testosterone?". i said no. but should i tell her? though its not completely obvious i'm on steroids, i dont think she would be surprised to hear it.

Your personal steriod use isn’t something she’s going to run to the cops about, but you may or may not lose her as a doc. Depending on her ethical code, she may refuse to help you and just refer you out to counseling, etc. because she thinks you are making poor decisions..... or, she may have dealt with clients on gear before and may be able to help you make healthy decisions.

last month i went to my doctor to get a script she's really nice. all new patients need to take a blood work. in mine they found high hemoglobin and hematocrit, very very low TSH, no t4, and t3 out of range. i know why.. because i take test and t3.

a month later i went for a follow up and told her i really dont want bloods drawn today. we continued talking about how i wanna go donate blood, i asked her for a finasteride script, and she was like "do you take testosterone?". i said no. but should i tell her? though its not completely obvious i'm on steroids, i dont think she would be surprised to hear it.

She already knows the answer to the question, "Do you take Testosterone".
Because given your Bloodwork Results, it's the only thing that makes any sense.

My Personal Physician knows that I've been doing Steroids since I started seeing him.
While he won't Write any Scripts, he does help me with all my Bloodwork.
And by Not putting it into my Chart.
But not every Doctor is the same.

So you have to feel her out, sounds like she's just waiting for you to come clean about what you are doing.................... JP

I have told my doctors and it's in my notes. If anything relevant came up I would tell them. Like jp4355 said, labs show what it is. I'm on TRT so if they say anything about the dangers I tell them "I know. I also smoke and know the side effects of my epilepsy medications." politely and its dropped.

I known alcoholics who lie then there are people like my Dad. "My liver levels show I'm a booze hound. Why lie?" haha

She already knows the answer to the question, "Do you take Testosterone".
Because given your Bloodwork Results, it's the only thing that makes any sense.

My Personal Physician knows that I've been doing Steroids since I started seeing him.
While he won't Write any Scripts, he does help me with all my Bloodwork.
And by Not putting it into my Chart.
But not every Doctor is the same.

So you have to feel her out, sounds like she's just waiting for you to come clean about what you are doing.................... JP
she's young in her mid 30s, and honest and straightforward, but she's still a doctor. i don't want her to drop me as a patient or be hesitant to write my any more scripts because i take test.

but i think you're right, because i did find it a bit odd that she randomly asked if i take "testosterone". not "steroids"... but "testosterone".

she hit the nail on the head but i'm sure she understands why i lied..

negative man, one slip and it goes on your record and then insurance will take an interest in you, and the slippery slope begins.
exactly! that's why i backed out yesterday when i saw her lol. she's a doctor, she knows i'm on test. plus the part of me avoiding new bloodwork with her haha

Back