your favorite compound for preserving muscle?

SoHo

[gill]
what's up guys, been a while. i got depressed recently and got a bit fat, i'm all better now, so i'm trying to cut that all off asap.

i got some t3 because thats just a staple for me when i'm trying to shed fat. i'm already on TRT so in addition to that i'm trying to add in something at a low dose to preserve the muscle i have left.

i dont like blasting anything unless i'm in shape or at least nearing good shape, which is why i dont want to do a proper cutting cycle. and my blasts are very very moderate doses anyway.

i'm thinking i might just increase my test to 350mg and just call it a day and save some cash

Last edited:
Hey there gill , haven't heard much out of you for some time now or have I just missed seeing your posts ?

OMM ... :wavey:
hey man, i've been out of service for a while as things have been pretty hectic for me. looking forward to getting everything back on track!

Welcome back! what is yoru bf% now? and how fast did you get to that?
for 10 months or so its been going up pretty steadily from 8-9% 175-180lbs @ 5'9. now i'm in the low 190s, obviously with less muscle, and i'd say i'm easily 17% bodyfat.

it all started when my business went to shit and was getting sued, then i couldnt find a job, got depressed, started drinking, girlfriend left me, got more depressed, started drinking more, had to move out of my old apartment because i couldn't afford it anymore. in that specific order. so being on a diet and going to the gym was the last thing on my mind.

but hey! at least i'm only 25 years old right? now i'm getting back on my feet and gonna be better than ever!

for 10 months or so its been going up pretty steadily from 8-9% 175-180lbs @ 5'9. now i'm in the low 190s, obviously with less muscle, and i'd say i'm easily 17% bodyfat.

it all started when my business went to shit and was getting sued, then i couldnt find a job, got depressed, started drinking, girlfriend left me, got more depressed, started drinking more, had to move out of my old apartment because i couldn't afford it anymore. in that specific order. so being on a diet and going to the gym was the last thing on my mind.

but hey! at least i'm only 25 years old right? now i'm getting back on my feet and gonna be better than ever!

Holy shit man 25 :elephant: You are just a kid, NO offense. I look back at my years in my 20's. Ha what a life and how I knew more then my dad.

LoL welcome back kiddo :)

Lets get down to business here buddy. We want to hear what all you are doing to get back into shape. YOU know we are out here 24/7 lurking to see the logs and learn as well as we also share with helping knowledge and experience.

This is a good place Gill, welcome again,

OMM

what cannot kill you will only make you stronger, keep a stiff upper lip they say around my way and hope that you can make it through this. I dont ever judge a man when he falls but rather how he gets back up and recovers and becomes stronger by having these experiences.
God bless bro.

Holy shit man 25 :elephant: You are just a kid, NO offense. I look back at my years in my 20's. Ha what a life and how I knew more then my dad.

LoL welcome back kiddo :)

Lets get down to business here buddy. We want to hear what all you are doing to get back into shape. YOU know we are out here 24/7 lurking to see the logs and learn as well as we also share with helping knowledge and experience.

This is a good place Gill, welcome again,

OMM
thanks everyone i appreciate it.

as far as diet i'm basically doing what i always do when i want to cut down. i dont follow any specific diet but i do have an outline that i dont go outside of. it's extremely basic as i pretty much only eat eggs, fish, chicken, steak, brown rice, and veggies. no sugar no snacks no beer no bullshit. i'm getting no more than 2300 calories a day @ 0-100 carbs per day (carb cycling). i only count calories and carbs, and it seems to work for me so i stick to it.

i'm back to training 4-5 times per week, but since i'm desperate to drop this fat i'll be doing cardio every single day for 30 minutes (maybe 45).

the goal is to be back in great shape by new years-- no specific bodyfat or weight, just wanna be proud of my body again.
but more importantly i want to go back to being someone i like seeing in the mirror because that hasn't been the case in a while, and i'm not talking about my looks i'm talking overall.

I know its not a compound but should be something touched upon as post cycle diet will also dictate how much gains are kept as well as training routine. alot of guys do a cycle and eat everything in sight to bulk up but then when they finish pct they go back to eating like they used to 3 months ago when they weighed a buck-o-nine.
all those gains right down the drain.

My favorite compound for perserving gains is food, food and more food. protein me up with lots of pork, beef, chicken,deer, fish, veggies and more veggies. lots of good old fiber and stay off sodas and any fake ass energy drinks that only kill you.
I personally eat a high protein Asian food diet and works awesome for me as the chicks love me on the beach scene in my speedos.
I am currently at 255 pounds, 12% bf, and am 6'4 in height.

Last edited:
My favorite compound for perserving gains is food, food and more food. protein me up with lots of pork, beef, chicken,deer, fish, veggies and more veggies. lots of good old fiber and stay off sodas and any fake ass energy drinks that only kill you.
I personally eat a high protein Asian food diet and works awesome for me as the chicks love me on the beach scene in my speedos.
I am currently at 255 pounds, 12% bf, and am 6'4 in height.
now thats a big dude lol

Back