16week contest prep cycle

Pancheezshredz

First post here guys and posting in behalf of a friend I'm helping with his prep. Im planning out his nutrition and training and he wants to compete in a show in mid October. He did a cycle of Test-cyp and eq before but now he will be going balls deep for the show.

He is quite lean and has a lot of quality muscle in his frame (we are still on a "bulking" caloric surplus though) and planning to start trimming fat early february. The AAS will start on April for 16 weeks until show day.

week 1-2 : Test-e 250mg
week 3-4 : test-e 500mg + 400mg EQ
week 5-6 : test-e 750mg + 400mg EQ
week 7-8 : test prop 350mg + 350mg masteron + 350mg Tren ace
week 9-12 : test prop 450mg + 300mg masteron + 200mg tren ace + 200mg tren hex + 40mg var(ED)
week 13-14 : 60mg var + 50mg winnie + 20mg halo + 25mg arimidex + 20mg nolva (ED)
week 15-16 : 60mg var + 75mg winnie + 40mg halo + 25mg dex + 40mg nolva (ED)

*Caber will be on hand if needed from the tren

thinking to add a fast acting test pinning 3 times a day to his regime on 4 weeks out but I'm not sure about it. Also, Should HCG be part of the pre contest cycle 5-6 weeks out or should we leave it for purely pct purposes

Peptides, HGH and slin are out of the question (and his budget tbf)

Any input on this? anything you guys would change? Is it long/short enough for prep? I would appreciate all your comments and input

1.) Why are you only starting with 250mg of Test?
2.) 3 weeks of equipoise? - You're kidding right? (14 weeks minimum!)
3.) Why are you changing your Test ester midway thru the cycle?
4.) Why such a low dose of Masteron?
5.) Why only run Masteron for a few weeks?
6.) 25mg Arimidex? - This HAS to be a mistake!
7.) HCG should NEVER be run on PCT.
8.) There's other issues, but I'm getting bored now!

It looks like you have walked into a sweet shop, and said "I'll have some of these, some of them, a sprinkle of this, and a few of those"

Sorry buddy, but this is as wrong as a cycle can get!

Last edited:
Wow! Looks like your going for the rich piana "change up compounds every three weeks" theme. Sounds like a hormonal rollercoaster!

Arimidex should be run the entire cycle up to pct

It looks like you have walked into a sweet shop, and said "I'll have some of these, some of them, a sprinkle of this, and a few of those"

In defence, for point 3, changing up your esters is fine for a show, changing from long > short so they're out of your system by show day. At least for test.

That's the only point I can defend. The rest still needs answering...

Thank you guys for your replies so far :) ill try and explain some reasoning behind some stuff, however, I'm not experienced with particle application and formulated this cycle mostly out of theory, forum stickies and other people opinion and thoughts. Thats one of the reasons I'm asking you guys here for corrections! I'm not claiming this cycle is perfect and i gladly accept you guys constructive criticism and corrections!

1) started with a low dose, and then upping it every 2 weeks just to kickstart the cycle
2) wow, 14 weeks? we were planning to use EQ only for the "fullness" and hardening look, and besides we didn't want to bulk up before the contest on AAS, just a small 6 week maintenance and then full on deficit for the comp
3) starting with test e and then switching for 2 reasons : i don't want him to get used to it and having to up the dose significally for the test to take effect, and because of water retention due to the esters release, prop is shorter than test-e
4) read on the anabolics book that this was the optimal ratio of mast-test-teen. could really use some feedback on that!
5) we just wanted masteron to polish off the cycle and give that rock solid look, he will be lean enough for it to shine and i didn't think it should go longer.
6) dex was 25mg every day, is it too little?
7) For hcg i think its better to keep the horse on the stable, rather than chasing it after. So i thought to add it early in the cycle to keep his"boys" still somewhat functioning rather than pct it, no?

OK, firstly drop the Eq... it's the last compound you want to run during contest prep as your appetite goes through the roof!
The reason why Eq should be run for 14 weeks + is because it's a long ester and really does take a while before you get to see any real quality from it.

I'm struggling to see the mentality in starting with a long ester and switching to propionate midway through the cycle... I'd be tempted to use prop from the start.
If you switch esters midway - it just makes controlling estradiol like shooting fish in the dark, especially when other compounds are present.
I personally would start with a dose around 600-700mg per week and carry that on through the cycle.

Masteron needs to be run from 600mg weekly upwards.... especially for comp prep, I have seen it run at lower doses but this is purely for well-being and vitality. I really think you'd see no benefit from including it at the dose you have mentioned for your goals.

With regard to Adex, most people run it at 0.25mg or 0.5mg EOD, or E3D - it depends on the individual and how there body deals with aromatization. I'm going to guess that you actually meant 0.25mg and not 25mg, which would undoubtedly make you quite ill.

HCG should be run from week 1 of the cycle until 3 days before commencing PCT. I'd recommend 250iu every 3.5 days (500iu per week)

The Nolvadex you mentioned should be used as part of your PCT protocol over a 4 week period @ 40/40/20/20 along with Clomid @ 50/50/50/50.

I would also stick to the one ester of Tren - if it's his first run, this needs to be given respect - just run the Tren Ace instead of switching to Hex.

And dude, this goes without saying - all of this gear will not make a scrap of difference - unless his diet is dialed in and his training is appropriate.

BigBen

Last edited:
In defence, for point 3, changing up your esters is fine for a show, changing from long > short so they're out of your system by show day. At least for test.

That's the only point I can defend. The rest still needs answering...

but you dont want it out show date.. you want to stop injections a week out and use longer esters to make sure you have test in your system come show date without the lack in symmetry that injections would cause

i agree with bens concerns 100%

but you dont want it out show date.. you want to stop injections a week out and use longer esters to make sure you have test in your system come show date without the lack in symmetry that injections would cause

i agree with bens concerns 100%

disagree. test being out of your system for show day is a well established practice. Some people have no issues running high test into a show, just as some have no problems from running dbol or adrol into a show....however, it's quite easy to drop it and you have enough AAS compounds through orals to feel normal.

disagree. test being out of your system for show day is a well established practice. Some people have no issues running high test into a show, just as some have no problems from running dbol or adrol into a show....however, it's quite easy to drop it and you have enough AAS compounds through orals to feel normal.

im trying to understand where you are coming from onk...

why would you want to reduce the amount of test you have in your system for a show?? whats the logic behind it??

whats the logic behind a short ester??

if you got test e in your system and stop one week out the half life will make sure you still have test in your system when youre cutting hard those last days..

i agree with the oral the final week to help.. but still dont see any reason as to why you wouldn't want to have test in your system come show date

fyi onk.. im not discrediting you brother... its just a healthy debate..

i appreciate everyones opinion.. thats what makes ology great

im trying to understand where you are coming from onk...

why would you want to reduce the amount of test you have in your system for a show?? whats the logic behind it??

whats the logic behind a short ester??

if you got test e in your system and stop one week out the half life will make sure you still have test in your system when youre cutting hard those last days..

i agree with the oral the final week to help.. but still dont see any reason as to why you wouldn't want to have test in your system come show date

I think the practice of having no Test in your system leading into a show allows the person doing this to have ALL aromatizing compounds out of his/her system, thus allowing them to dry out better as e2 will drop. Ive even heard of guy dropping all Test and running letro to literally crash e2 so there will be no water being held from that particular avenue at least.

I could be way out in left field here as this is not something I do as I don't compete but have friends that do this, and that is their reasoning.

I would like to hear from someone that does compete (Onk, Snow, others) if this is in fact the reasoning behind it, or at least the reasoning behind why they do it.

Last edited:
I think the practice of having no Test in your system leading into a show allows the person doing this to have ALL aromatizing compounds out of his/her system, thus allowing them to dry out better as e2 will drop. Ive even heard of guy dropping all Test and running letro to literally crash e2 so there will be no water being held from that particular avenue at least.

I could be way out in left field here as this is not something I do as I don't compete but have friends that do this, and that is their reasoning.

Nailed it schred

Yup switching to short esters elliminate water retention and halo/winnie/var i think will hold him well even for 3-4 weeks.
My only concern is with hcg from start of cycle. I dont want him to be HCG dependend after this, because HCG administration as far as i know should be very heavily monitored due to the Leuteinizing Hormone effect of a normal producing testosterone individual.

I would like to hear from someone that does compete (Onk, Snow, others) if this is in fact the reasoning behind it, or at least the reasoning behind why they do it.

Literally the reason.

Drop test/deca/dbol type compounds.

Keep tren, mast, primo, var, winny, halo in there to keep you cutting, full, shredded etc.

Optional, but I like it, up your AI the week of the show. I run 0.25mg adex EoD for most cycles, last week I'd go letro 1.25mg ED then 2.5mg fri and sat (assuming Sunday show).

clen stops week before the show (or DNP).
t3 gets tapered down to around 25mcg ED from 100mcg...I don't want to be burning all my carbs as I load.
HGH stops 1 week before
diuretic starts depending on halflife. something potassium sparing such as dyazide can be started the night before the show (cut water mid afternoon) with half a tablet, then another the morning of.

carb or sodium load if that's your thing...

First post here guys and posting in behalf of a friend I'm helping with his prep. Im planning out his nutrition and training and he wants to compete in a show in mid October. He did a cycle of Test-cyp and eq before but now he will be going balls deep for the show.

He is quite lean and has a lot of quality muscle in his frame (we are still on a "bulking" caloric surplus though) and planning to start trimming fat early february. The AAS will start on April for 16 weeks until show day.

week 1-2 : Test-e 250mg
week 3-4 : test-e 500mg + 400mg EQ
week 5-6 : test-e 750mg + 400mg EQ
week 7-8 : test prop 350mg + 350mg masteron + 350mg Tren ace
week 9-12 : test prop 450mg + 300mg masteron + 200mg tren ace + 200mg tren hex + 40mg var(ED)
week 13-14 : 60mg var + 50mg winnie + 20mg halo + 25mg arimidex + 20mg nolva (ED)
week 15-16 : 60mg var + 75mg winnie + 40mg halo + 25mg dex + 40mg nolva (ED)

*Caber will be on hand if needed from the tren

thinking to add a fast acting test pinning 3 times a day to his regime on 4 weeks out but I'm not sure about it. Also, Should HCG be part of the pre contest cycle 5-6 weeks out or should we leave it for purely pct purposes

Peptides, HGH and slin are out of the question (and his budget tbf)

Any input on this? anything you guys would change? Is it long/short enough for prep? I would appreciate all your comments and input

Not a big fan of that cycle for a bunch of reasons already mentioned, you say he's lean already (or will be by 16 weeks out?)

Diet:
Wks 16-13: maintenance diet or slight surplus...little to no cardio
Wks 12-9: caloric deficit, add some LISS - should aim to be 8% by 8 weeks out
Wks 8-5: steeper caloric deficit, LISS @ 3-4x/wk for 30-45mins and add HIIT if necessary - target <6% by 5 weeks out
Wks 4-show: steepest deficit, cardio similar to weeks 8-5, carbs can get pretty low if necessary...target 5% for regional, <5% for state/provincial or higher

Supplements:
Wks 16-13:
-don't necessarily need gear here at all...but could start on:
-750mg test/wk (250mg 3x / wk) and 450mg npp/wk (150mg 3x / wk)
-12-25mg aromasin/d

Wks 12-9:
-125mg testE EOD (~437.5mg/wk)
-100mg npp EOD (350mg/wk)
-12-25mg aromasin/d

Wks 8-5:
-125mg testE EOD (~437.5mg/wk)
-100mg trenE EOD (350mg/wk)
-50mg anavar/d
-12-25mg aromasin/d
**cutters (optional): 25-50mcg T3/d, 40-80mcg clen/d (two weeks on / two weeks off)

Wks 4-show:
-125mg testE EOD (stop two weeks out)
-100mg trenE EOD (350mg/wk)
-100mg mastP EOD (350mg/wk)
-50mg anavar/d (optional @ 100mg/d)
-20mg halo/d (optional!)
-12-25mg aromasin/d (switch to 1mg adex/d two weeks out)
**cutters (optional): 25-50mcg T3/d, 60-100mcg clen/d (two weeks on / *last two two weeks off!*)

sorry about the necro bump guys but we got a date approximation for the contest and have formulated the cycle for my guy with a friend of mine who is a doctor and took all of u guys recommendations above, which i must say we are really thankful for! Here it is! We will go on a lean gain phase first and then switch to the contest preppy drugs.

Lean Gains Cycle : Duration Approx 16 Weeks

500iu HCG per week (250iu e 3.5 days)
750mg Test E /wk (250mg 3x/wk)
450mg EQ /wk (150mg EOD)
450mg NPP (150mg EOD)
12-25 mg aromasin /d (depending on need)

Cutting Cycle : Week 12-9

450mg Test E /wk (150mg M,W,F)
450mg EQ /wk

Cutting Cycle : Week 8-5

350mg Tren E /wk (100 mg EOD)
50 mg Var
Clen Protocol (2weeks on 2 weeks off,ONLY IF NEEDED)

Cutting Cycle Week 4-2

350mg Tren E /wk (100 mg EOD)
350mg Mast /wk (100mg EOD)
150mg Winnie /wk (50mg EOD_
50 mg Var
20mg Halo /d

Cutting Cycle Week 2-1

75 mg Var
30mg Halo /d
1mg adex /d

Cutting Cycle 1 Week Out

100 mg Var
40mg Halo /d
1.25mg Letro /d
1mg adex /d

Thoughts and opinions please? :) I wanted to switch the test ester but took u guys advice and just lowered the dosage to "clean off" some of the excess water. Also How you guys feel with the HCG DURING the whole cycle? I guess it made more sense to keep the horse in the stable rather than chase it afterwards so i added the HCG from the very start for him. Any corrections?

Updates!

We are in the second week! I don't expect anything drastic before the 4th week mark when test E fully kicks in! His fatigue is down, started to look a bit more vascular(probably from the NPP) and weight is slowly going up in previous maintenance calories! Now we have to get to a new caloric maintenance and start cutting on 12-16 weeks out depending on condition!

We are shooting test-E every 3and half days and as soon as we reach the week 5 mark we going to shoot EOD. Also we are on 12.5 Aromasin EOD and we got caber in hand because of the NPP being 19Nor and if need, we can take 2 per week.

I appreciate all your input and help guys so far! The only thing people keep telling him is that he HAS to switch esters, which was my first plan, but honestly now i don't see a benefit from it. planning to lower the test dose on 5 weeks out and taper it down till 3 weeks out then cut it completely.

Back