225lb bench press competition...wtf?

seek&destroy said:
Whats better for bodybuilding purposes? Full Reps or half reps?

FULL DEVELOPMENT, FULL REPS PERIOD.

Study muscle recruitment, motor nerves, motor units, and rate coding. By doing full reps more motor units are recruited. Of course some huge guys with huge chests and great genetics can get away with 3/4 reps and still be huge, but they'd be even more fully developed in the area with full reps.

Try training for a competition similar to this,busting your ass off training & dieting and you do it correctly only to watch some dickweed get away with that!!!!!
Did one like this and trained hardcore getting my weight down to 165,steped on a bum fucking scale and had to do 175,I did it in perfect form 24 times.I don't have a strong bench:( Only to see some fuckhead 140lbs take a superwide grip and the bar does not touch his chest for one rep and they credit him with 30???
WTF?????
Figure I would try somthing without judges and the same bullshit still happens :shoot2:

Hacksquater said:
What a bunch of half rep cr*p! I hate all that 1/2 rep stuff. Especially those guys whole think they are so strong doing 1/2 rep stuff in the gym. They need to control that competition to where they do full reps, no bounce.

Yet, at the same time. Those are some strong guys.

estray said:
What a crock of shit. the guy with the best form only did 15. Hmmmmmm?
That was the only guy with any form at all, and 15 would be pathetic for someone half his size. That sums up the whole thing for me...pathetic.
The guy who won might have been doing 1/3 reps.

Back