23 year old female first anavar cycle questions

alex90

Hi everyone!
I'm 23 years old, 5'4 and 128 pounds. I've been working out on and off since I was 17 but for the past year I've been going 5 days a week, over the summer I was with a trainer and cut a lot of weight down but I've started a bulk in September and I'm looking to gain muscle.
I'm here cause I have some questions, I've researched a lot but many other girls' posts I've read have had such different circumstances than me, so I still need some help from you or any tips you guys may have.

1. I'm planning on doing 10mg a day for 6 weeks, is this okay? The pills will be 25mg but I have a scale and I'll cut them down for 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night (I've read anavar has a half life of 9 hours? so every 9 hours 5mg?)

2. Do any other females here think virilization will occur with 10mg a day? and how soon will I notice anything off if it does happen?

3. I'm on birth control for control of acne, I'm planning on not taking it during the time I take anavar, after I stop should I just continue with the bc within a couple of days? I think this may help get my estrogen levels back?

4. I'm a little worried about the strength increases causing an injury, how much should I increase weight for my lifts?

5. I still follow macros that my trainer gave me, it's 215g carbs per day, 125g protein a day and 50g fat per day, is this enough food?

6. I've read about milk thistle, and the liver toxicity issue. Should I take milk thistle? How much damage can this do to my liver from one 6 week cycle?

7. Should I continue my bulk naturally, and then use anavar when I plan on cutting in April/May?

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate any input.

Welcome to the board :wavey:

Sorry, myself I know nothing about female cycle. stick around and someone will drop in here. I would like that so I could maybe hear something.

Good Luck

PS: A lot of Q's to answer in one post. :dunno: :)

Last edited:
1- 5 mg 2x/ day will most likely be just fine
2- virilization is very individual. Most don't have any problems with 10 mg/ day, Although you might. Generall . If and when you notice anything out of the ordinary, things go back to normal if you stop soon enough.
3-:no idea about that
4- you will most likely notice slight strength increases but not enough to cause injury if you don't sacrifice weight for form
5- you might need to adjust calories and macros based on your goals
6- at 10 mg/day of a very mild oral, liver toxicity shouldn't be an issue
7. Var will help build muscle with a calorie surplus, and help you keep it on a deficit. Let your goals decide your macros and calories, the var supports the muscles and recovery

Hope this helps...I've used anavar , but I'm not a woman...very few hang out here, but maybe someone else will chime in that trains women

Last edited:
Only things I can add, info from my female workout partner and info found on sites like this one:

It is suggested that you stop bc for the cycle. I would think starting right back up would be no prob. Anavar clears pretty fast

Her 1st 6wk at 7.5mg was ramped up slowly and she described it as almost euphoric. Wonderful. She then took 6 wks off. Went back on with a much quicker ramp to 10mg and had a serious agression/anger reaction. Had to bail immediately. Neither time did she stop her bc. I suspect the differences were in where she was on her cycle when she started the anavar. Also maybe the ramp? And quite possibly just lots more stress that 2nd go.

Just be Self-aware and know that even at low doses this stuff can have sides.

2- virilization is very individual. Most don't have any problems with 10 mg/ day, Although you might. Generall . If and when you notice anything out of the ordinary, things go back to normal if you stop soon enough.
4- you will most likely notice slight strength increases but not enough to cause injury if you don't sacrifice weight for form
7. Var will help build muscle with a calorie surplus, and help you keep it on a deficit. Let your goals decide your macros and calories, the var supports the muscles and recovery

Hope this helps...I've used anavar , but I'm not a woman...very few hang out here, but maybe someone else will chime in that trains women

says it all, hope it works for you OP.

You will find no better answer here . If we could attract enough women here to have a women' section would be cool. Most guys know next to nothing about AAS use for women. What we do know is some of the cycles women have posted and we don't know if that information is correct or not.

That said, keeping doses low, like you said 10mg a day would be a good bet. In general use low doses of AAS that have short half lives so if you do run into problems you can go off cycle and have levels drop quickly.

My girl started at 10 worked up to 20 she breaks out a little on her back and loses her period. Dont worry about getting hurt var strengthens ligaments i know female powerlifters on var i myself use it for helping prevent injuries.

10mg a day is very tolerable for females... ive never heard of a woman experiencing bad sides on two 5mg doses a day..

ive seen women go up to 20mg a day without issues as well.. but i would slowly work up to that if thats what you want to do..

do not run var for longer than 8 weeks at a time..

Back