3 months with 3J carb cycling – pics inside

AverageMan

I’ve just completed 3 months with 3Js carb cycling and weight training program. This is a down to earth transformation and honest review. I’m not a big guy and don’t have the frame / genetics to pack on mass. My main goal was to drop belly fat.

Stats:
40 years old
TRT started in June – 120mg cyp a week
Starting weight 163
Ending weight 158

The program:
2600 calories a day – ~270 grams of protein per day
No cheating! My first cheat day will be thanksgiving.
Weight training / cardio 5 days a week – training always 100%+

Background:
I’ve been weight training for about 20 years – intensity has varied throughout the years. I’ve trained with pros (though I’m far from one) so I understand how to lift. About a year ago I got serious about diet. I lost 25lbs and dropped to a 32 pant (from a 34-36). I hit a wall and just couldn’t lose the belly fat, hence why I hired 3J.

The results:
OH my.. Well, EVERYONE notices. I get lots of compliments about physique and questions about “how much weight have you lost?”.. And “your arms and shoulders look much more defined.” The other day I was changing my shirt and I hear my wife say “holy crap”! “You look amazing – I’ve never seen you such good shape, not even in your 20s” The change was so gradual that I really didn’t notice until I looked at the before and after pics. Sure I’m not Arnold or big ben, I realize this; but I’m on my way.

3J is the real deal. I learned a tremendous about how to diet properly as well as how to increase cardio to break through plateaus. My only regret is not doing this sooner.

View attachment 563230View attachment 563231View attachment 563232

Thanks Beefy.

Any takers on BF % before and after?

Also dropped from a 32 pant to a 30. I have to buy all new pants for work and casual. I must wear a belt with the 32 inch pants and they look terrible - way too much bunching up. Thank god for the black Friday 1/2 sale at Old Navy ;)

Congrats on your accomplishments brother.. Its true that I setup the plan.. But you put in the work! Well done!

Your not serious

no ab separation, just an outline of your muscles and your legs are covered.

so all I have to go on is that you can see chest > delt separation, though in your side chest pic there's no differentiation between tricep to delt. That could be your lack of muscle or it could be that your bf is 15-20%...

Thanks Beefy.

Any takers on BF % before and after?

Also dropped from a 32 pant to a 30. I have to buy all new pants for work and casual. I must wear a belt with the 32 inch pants and they look terrible - way too much bunching up. Thank god for the black Friday 1/2 sale at Old Navy ;)
no expert but i would say bf % went from 22-24% on down to bout 17-18%. Awesome job in three months especially if (if i read right) no compounds are being used, just a good ole trt dose!

what i love about posts like this is that i know ive set standards and educated my client in how their diet should look..

its something he will take with him when he decides to go off on his own

Back