3J and I are about to rock this shit!

hully1029

Welp, today I start my 8 week carb cycling log. I've seen countless "logs" where people post 2 or 3 updates and we never hear from them again. Not this guy. I've don'e the shopping, planning, organization. I went a little overboard with my organization, but trying to live by the 5Ps rule. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. I planned this for this time of the year, due to not much going on the next 8 weeks for me. Time to get to it. Gonna be a long ride!!

Few stats - 27yo, 5'9, around 27%bf. Working to cut bf to start first test only cycle.

Day 1 - nekkid, post piss weight - 220.8

Bout to head to the gym for chest. I prepared all of todays meals last night, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Publically declaring your goals is another helpful strategy for keeping you motivated. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Remember, it is a marathon - not a sprint. You will likely have some days where you slip or have a setback. Just get back on the program the next day. Don't let one bad day ruin you long-term goals.

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Publically declaring your goals is another helpful strategy for keeping you motivated. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Remember, it is a marathon - not a sprint. You will likely have some days where you slip or have a setback. Just get back on the program the next day. Don't let one bad day ruin you long-term goals.

i agree.. no ones road is a straight and clear path.. there are twists, turns, bumps, dips, and hills to deal with..

glad youre running a log!!!! looking forward to helping you reach your goals!!

3J's Nutrition | Diet and fitness consulting to get you to the next level.

I love logs! Logs also help motivate the logger. You are in good hands, but it only works if you work it. Trust me on that one, I am pushing out of a sickness induced slump right now (want to blame the sickness, but I cannot do that any more, now it is all me).

Also, do not lose weight too fast. 2-3 pounds a week is perfect, any more and the body might not be able to tighten the skin fast enough to keep up with the fat loss and you will end up with an ugly pouch of loose skin that can only be removed via surgery.

Listen to 3J, he knows his stuff.

Going well so far. High carb day bfast sucked.. Didnt think i was gonna get it all down. Workout was chest. Ill be honest, when i see the routine, i thought I would kill it with no sweat and i would need more. Ha! Was i so very wrong. My chest got destroyed. Bring on the doms.

Day 1 (09/22/15) recap - whoa nelly this is different. I haven't eaten 6 meals in 1 day in a epic long time. At the end of the day, I felt somewhat accomplished. Got everything cooked and prepared for day 2. I can get a full days meal cooked and packed in about 15 minutes. Had a legit migraine at the end of yesterday, im going to guess from no caffeine and very low sugar intake. My chest is the sorest its been in years and I used to hit chest twice a week.

Day 2 (09/23/15) - weigh in nekkid and post piss - 221.6
Workout this morning (back) was... ehh... marginal.
For the longest time, I woke up, pounded some preworkout, and went to the gym fasted and all jacked up from the preworkout. Now, I am actually consuming some calories and a lot of em. I was barely able to finish my bfast this morning. My ride to the gym is only about 15 minutes, so I was still really full when starting on the weights. I would get up earlier to eat, but I'm already getting up at 4am, working out, then pushing 12 hr shift at work. Not much rest to be had to begin with.

We'll see how the day goes and I'll check in later.. I have a feeling this log is going to be super long.

Last edited:
just finishing out meal 6 while cooking for tomorrow. im excited for tomorrow. nonfat greek yogurt and carrots.. yummm..

feeling more accomplished today. I think a good week of doing good with get the ball rolling well.

congrats on posting a log. Curious, as to why you chose to go with a 6 meal setup? 3J do you offering anything geared towards Intermittent Fasters?

Day 2 (09/23/2015) - recap.
All went well. Got every meal in and got to bed early. Got all my meals for tomorrow cooked in about 15 minutes. Its starting to slowly become more settled that this will be routine for a while. Others in the household are seeing my commitment to it and are being very supportive, so that helps!

Day 3 (09/24/2015) - woke up at 0630. weight nekkid and post piss - 220.4
Holy friggin shit was that shoulder workout a killer. I love the workout programs focuses on old fashioned, compound movements. Really forgot how much heavy compound movements activate different muscle groups and the overall feel of "damn that was a good workout." Just having a shake before gym was easier on the stomach, but the no carbs was def felt. Gonna go set some deer stands today, so its gonna be a long one.

congrats on posting a log. Curious, as to why you chose to go with a 6 meal setup? 3J do you offering anything geared towards Intermittent Fasters?

I contacted 3J and told him of my stats, goals, everything. He recommended the setup im doing now. Diet and training. Obviously what I was doing wasn't working, so I put my trust in him.

yes i do.. but with much reluctance.. i do not personally agree with the philosophy

Interesting, would love to hear your reasoning but I don't want to thread Hijack OP's post - perhaps make a new thread?

Day 3 recap-
Llooonngg day. Spent probably 5 hrs walking in the woods hanging deer stands tho. Did shoot 2 hogs in the face tho..

Day 4-(9/25/15)-weight at 0630 post piss and nekkkd- 217.4.
217!!!! Are you kidding me! I know its 95% water weight, but still a great mental motivation. Legs are absolutely smoked.. Thats all i have to say about that.. Gonna have to push thru an 18hr work day.. Gonna be another long day..

Day 4 recap - had my first hiccup. Did legs, and it went well. I headed off to my 18hr shift and forgot my meals. SSHHHIITTT. It was a lloonngg day. I did my best and went to chipotle and just had rice and meat. Sucks.

Day 5 (9-26-15) - wake up at 1000 post piss - weight stood at 221.0 Guess all the sodium with chipotle cause some water retention.. Sucks. Today tho, has been better. Had bfast and went to the gym. ABSOLUTLEY killed arms. Im barely able to type this out. Im getting back on track today and next week will be awesome.

Let 3j guide you brother. Great log. Don't worry about a bump in the road. Sometimes life gets in the way of the gym. Just keep it consistent. That's the key. I have been with 3j for a year or so and I have never gotten results like I have with him. Its amazing how much nutrition makes a difference in a good workout plan. Good luck. Cant wait to see some final pics.

A long time ago I heard a phrase from a diet plan. I think it was called the Great American Diet Plan (named that because it is catchy and because they had red, white, and blue food types you mixed and matched to meet the needed nutrient goals). In it he said "when faced with only bad choices, make the better bad choice." You did just that when you forgot your food. It is not a failure, but rather a success. Most people would have said "fuck it" and ate the really bad choice.

Congrats to you!

caffeine withdrawal is a bitch huh?? lol

Surprisingly for me, the biggest thing that cut down my coffee consumption was getting a Keurig. Before that, I drank the entire pot. Now I only drink 1 cup a day, sometimes none.

Back