3J's GF's amazing recipe for RED brown rice

3J

Super Moderator
aright guys... my gf makes the most amazing red brown rice iv ever tasted in my life... so im gonna be nice and let u guys in on the recipe... she just wrote this up for me...

more to come!

Armenian RED brown rice

Ingredients:

1 Bag BROWN rice (about 7 cups)
1 red Onion
3 cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil
8 tbsp. Tomato Paste
2tbsp. each of Salt (might even wanna try more then this), Pepper, and Curry Powder.
Water

Instructions:

Chop the onion and garlic and saute in pot with ~1/3 Cup Olive oil for approx. 10 minutes or until golden.
Add in Tomato Paste, and all spices add 3 cups water.

Wash and rinse rice 2-3 times in seperate bowl then add to pot and cover with enough water so the water rises 3 inches above rice.

Stir well and let simmer on medium heat until almost all the water is drained. (approx. 30 minutes)

Then cover with paper towel and top of the pot and turn heat to low and let cook covered for approx 20 minutes.

Remember guys, 80% of your goals come from your diet. Check out 3J's Nutrition Network! There are before and afters of recent clients in the thread too!!

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/602974-3js-nutrition-network.html

Last edited:
aright guys... my gf makes the most amazing red brown rice iv every tasted in my life... so im gonna be nice and let u guys in on the recpie... she just wrote this up for me...

more to come!

Armenian RED brown rice

Ingredients:

1 Bag BROWN rice (approx. 5 cups)
1 red Onion
3 cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil
8 tbsp. Tomato Paste
2tbsp. each of Salt, Pepper, and Curry Powder.
Water

Instructions:

Chop the onion and garlic and saute in pot with ~1/3 Cup Olive oil for approx. 10 minutes or until golden.
Add in Tomato Paste, and all spices add 3 cups water.

Wash and rinse rice 2-3 times in seperate bowl then add to pot and cover with enough water so the water rises 3 inches above rice.

Stir well and let simmer on medium heat until almost all the water is drained. (approx. 30 minutes)

Then cover with paper towel and top of the pot and turn heat to low and let cook covered for approx 20 minutes.

OPTIONAL BEEF TWEAK
Before adding tomato paste, add one tray of ground beef 4 or 7% and cook thoroughly before adding tomato paste and spices. Continue with instructions.

Good stuff thanks for the recipes. Gets old eating the same shit over and over. Going to make this tonite

Thanks jamy. I gotta try this. Thank your woman actually, you didn't do shit. lol

Jamy,

Finally got around to making this tonite and thumbs up to your girl! This is very good. Two minor tweaks not actually tweaks but 2 minor hints. I would probably measure out both the rice and the water. My bag had 7 cups of rice and the size of the pot has a direct effect on the amount of water you put in. If you use a wide pot then 3 inches is too much and in a narrow pot not enough. I realized i had more than 5 cups of rice before i started so it worked fine.

Thanks and tell her to keep the recipes coming :)

yea she put out the portions.. ill make the adjustments.. lol thanks for the feedback welt

Oh yea I wasnt sure if the salt pepper and curry was supposed to be tablespoons or teaspoons. I used 2 teaspoons of salt and tablespoons for the curry and pepper. Ive been retaining water so i figured if it wasnt enough i could always add a little when i heat it up. Turns out the 2 teaspoons were fine for my taste. It was a little spicy with the 2 tablespoons of pepper but spicy is good mmmmmm

Delicious!

I made this last night and it was delicious.
I had to adjust the amounts slightly because I only had a smaller box of rice.

I also used instant brown rice and cooked it to directions using everything else as the water. Done in 12 minutes, and I have several portions left!

Thank you 3J, and your girl!

This sounds pretty good. I often make one like this. I use curry powder, lots of cumin, more onion (cooked). The difference is I will add a couple cans of beans and instead of tomato paste a can of tomatoes, and maybe some peas or something else. Also maybe the lean ground beef. You can make a huge amount of this and then feed yourself for a week. Really good.

Hey everybody! Nice to see that some of you liked the recipe!

Since meeting 3J and trying my best to cook for him, I've done my own little research on the side...

Working with a food alchemist, I have made a couple minor changes in my kitchen that will makes these (and upcoming) recipes EVEN HEALTHIER...(and yummier)

Read my blog about the 3 essentials EVERYONE should switch out in their house and I promise you'll taste, feel and see the difference!

neenajay.blogspot.com/2011/01/change-these-3-things-and-youre-on-your.html

^^^ Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made this last night for the week. Used 4 cups uncooked brown rice and 8 cups h2o. Also added 93% ground beef (1lb) and green and red bell peppers. WOW!!! gonna be tough to stick to my portions. I could eat 3-4 cups of this stuff at a time. 1 cup is just a tease. Good on you, Mrs 3J...home run!!!

Back