40 y/o, First Cycle Ever, This is What I've Got, How To Get Max Benefits

BruceC

Gentlemen,
Quick Rundown of my personal stats and situation and then your advice would be great.
40, 6' 1", 188 lbs, 15 % BF, free test 695
I think for my age my test levels are pretty high, and even before being tested a few weeks ago, my subjective feeling has always been that test was pretty high: usually high libido, wake up most mornings feeling like I want to either nail someone or kill something, etc.

Diet: I take 250 grams protein daily from protein drinks (primarily Isopure whey protein isolate) and another approx 150-200 from food, basically fish, which after years of study I feel is the highest quality natural source. For a number of reasons, I feel that simple starches are not even supposed to be human food so I avoided most of them my entire life (no bread or anything made from wheat, avoid most grains), my carbs are all complex, except for potatoes when I really feel the urge for starch:lots of broccoli, romaine lettuce, collard greens, fruits like apples, pineapple, peaches, plums etc.) Daily supplement of omega 3s and some mono fats and coconut oil, the benefits of lauric acid and monolaurin from coconut oil are undeniable etc. etc.

I haven't worked out seriously since the beginning of this year, before then I was religiously 4x week, 205 lbs, 13.5 % BF, BPress 290 5 reps, squat 360 6 reps to give an idea where I was at. Always natural.
At the beginning of this year I found out I had advanced colon cancer and I was operated on immediately as the tumor had almost completely blocked my large colon, (ileocolectomy and anastomosis). During my recovery over the next several months I lost significant muscle, and strength, and weight due to inability to engage in any real physical activity. Now I am feeling better and I want to do 1 cycle and see what I can gain back and maybe even surpass from my previous condition (205 lbs, 13.5 % BF)
I have an exact amount of gear available as I had a certain amount of money and one trusted source (long-time buddy) who had just certain stuff available:
Sustanon 300, 2 10 ml vials
Test Cypionate 250, 1 10 ml vial
letrozole 2.5 mg tabs, plenty
DIM and Indole 3 carbynole, plenty

How should I take this gear to maximize my gains? Which first, Test C or Sust? Or alternate between? What effective dose do the veterans here recommend, considering my natural test is high for my age? As I only have letro DIM and Indole for estrogen blockers, how should I best utilize them for PCT? Already started on the DIM and Indole as they are not as dangerous.

Thanks.
Bruce

you shouldn't switch between the two, try to get 3 vials of test c and use that for 12 weeks (500mg a week)
return the sustanon. letro is a bit harsh, u can get away with using aromasin or arimidex.
hcg.
pct;nolva and clomid

Thanks for the advice FG. I've read widely varying opinions on Sust for a 1st cycle, some highly in favor, others not so crazy about it.
But the deal right now is that I only have the gear listed available - my buddy is from South America, he has the connection to the source - the source is very cautious and didn't want to be introduced to me, and my buddy is on vacation back in S.A. for several months.
So the short story is, I need to do the best with what I've got in front of me. Returning is not an option. So with that in mind, I'm sure the long-time gurus here would have an opinion on the best way to use just what is available to me.
Like when those scientists in Houston had to create an air filtering system for the Apollo spacecraft, with justthe extra supplies in the closet. :)
Who's up for the challenge? Create the best possible cycle with what I have?

I agree. You need some more things in place before starting a cycle. I would go with all Test C or E. Sustanton is a blend of different esters so it makes it harder to manage hormone levels.

Don't use Letro. It is way too strong and will crash your estradiol. You need healthy estradiol levels - not too high or too low.

Get hCG to prevent testicular atrophy.

You need Nolva and Clomid for PCT.

Keep in mind that exogenous AAS completely shuts down you natty T. So it doesn't matter hat your Total Test is at 700. It will be shut down. That is why you need PCT - to help turn it back on. And keep in mind, sometimes it doesn't turn back on or return to where it was previously. You are taking a risk. And you can get really good gains at 700. So think twice before cycling.

You are risking injury too. AAS will help you gain muscle quickly, but your tendons and liqaments may not be able to keep up. They don't grow as fast as muscle. Lots of guys who have not been in the gym regularly for years and try AAS get injured lifting too much too fast. Be careful. Better yet, build a good foundation natty before jumping on a cycle.

Lastly, it is clear that you have not done enough homework. It isn't about just injecting some test in you glute. You need to understand the HPTA, aromatase enzymes, PCT, etc. I recommend that you read the sticky threads, steroid profiles and posts of other guys. Spend the next few months learning all you can before you consider running a cycle. And make sure you know what the risks are. You cannit 100% mitigate the risks.

Thanks for the advice FG. I've read widely varying opinions on Sust for a 1st cycle, some highly in favor, others not so crazy about it.
But the deal right now is that I only have the gear listed available - my buddy is from South America, he has the connection to the source - the source is very cautious and didn't want to be introduced to me, and my buddy is on vacation back in S.A. for several months.
So the short story is, I need to do the best with what I've got in front of me. Returning is not an option. So with that in mind, I'm sure the long-time gurus here would have an opinion on the best way to use just what is available to me.
Like when those scientists in Houston had to create an air filtering system for the Apollo spacecraft, with justthe extra supplies in the closet. :)
Who's up for the challenge? Create the best possible cycle with what I have?

You should wait the several months and use that time to do more homework. The fact that you have no idea to out a cycle together with what you have should be a red flag to you. And the fact that you are missing so many key essential compounds is another red flag. First rule of cycling is to have everything in hand before starting. Be smart. You are a 40 year old man. Don't act like an impatient 19 year old kid.

Firstly, I appreciate the time you guys like Megatron and kozmo take in dispensing your surely hard-earned wisdom. And I understand there's nothing in it for you long-timers in leading someone astray. So THANK YOU brothers.

I've done quite a bit of research: I'm familiar with PCT theory and AIs; I know letrozole is a aromatase inhibitor, very potent, in some cases reducing estrogen production completely.Based on my research, I wouldn't take more than .20 mg daily in any case. It has to be effective in PCT: in addition to its estrogen blocking function it has been found to increase LH, FSH and SHBG. It does have a substantial rebound effect when discontinued, which I believe can be mitigated by upping DIM and Indole 3 intake up at the time of stopping letro.
I mention, and was tested for my test levels, because I understand the theory of the neccessity of getting T levels higher than endogenous levels to realize gains. With that in mind, I was seeking advice on dosage; my inclination is 600 mg/week, I cc Sust 2x week.
But and nevertheless,I respect the AAS vets here, so I AM considering your gentlemen's cease and desist advice.
As you know from my previous posts, I have been working out for quite a while (more than 10 years) before my cancer issue at the beginning of this year, and am no longer a spring chick. In some ways, it would seem to me I would be a much more ideal candidate than anyone in their 30's who has been working out for less than 10 years: I'm much older and have been natty my entire life, then had an unexpected life event blow my gains away at a time when I am no longer in my prime. Am I missing something here?
And if I do end up following the advice of kozmo, can you honestly, and with a straight face say " Bruce, you won't be bigger and stronger in 12 weeks on a cycle, you'll be have all your pre-cancer muscle back just continuing natty." C'mon, really?
I can more easily identify with the letro and the "know-your-PCT-cold" warnings, than I can with the "you don't need juice, you 40 something guy who lost 10 years worth of building."
Am I out of line here?

Yeah I think u need to do your homework first my friend. Don't just lean on strange guys you don't know on a steriod site. Make your own educated decision then bounce it off these guys. This board is great and with a lot of wisdom but were talking about puting hormones into your body. Take NAC for liver care. My 2 cent.

Thanks, already taking N-acetyl Cysteine due to its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, in cancer it inhibits signaling molecules (molecules that facilitate signals telling cancerous cells to continue replicating). Also inhibits production of certain interleukins (which are types of proteins in the cytokine class, some of which are very pro-inflammatory). I've been taking it for quite awhile because I have always done a lot of cardio in addition to the weights, and it has proven effect in reducing exercise-related oxidative stress, which sometimes can cancel out some of the benefits of cardio.

I am not saying you should never run a cycle. I am saying wait until you have everything you need for a proper cycle.

An aromatase inhibitor is not a suitable replacement for a SERM in PCT.

And using Letro for an AI on a low dose cycle (e.g. 600mg per week) is like taking an RPG to take out a mailbox. Sure it can be done, but if you are off a little bit you take out a whole lot more than you want. Just use the baseball bat to get the job done in a swing or two. Arimidex and Aromasin are much better choices are are easily obtained at RUI. See their banner ad at the top of your screen. And they have Clomid and Nolva too for a proper PCT.

You can use sustanton, I just personally prefer a singe ester as it is easier to manage.

Stop trying to McGyver a cycle out of a bottle of sustanton, a ball point pen and a roll of duct tape.

1 what is it that makes you sure you will gain you 10 years of muscle that you lost? What makes you think you will keep all that after pct?

2. 700 at 40 hahahahaha thanks for the laugh

3. You think this is the magic pill.

4. If you want to do it to experiment do it all you want

You must understand that the reality is you don't feel good becuase you had cancer. You must also realize you stated vanity reasons. If you really had a healthy liking of yourself you wouldn't need muscle to feel good. Muscle dismorphia is a medical condition too. 99% here could be diagnosed with it but IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

Megatron: "Stop trying to McGyver a cycle out of a bottle of sustanton, a ball point pen and a roll of duct tape."
HAHAHA that is funny, though it is a little more than that.

Kozmo: "2. 700 at 40 hahahahaha thanks for the laugh"
If I stay on this forum and get to know you guys better, I have no problem sending you a scanned copy of my blood test; I am a member of the Life Extension Foundation (google them, lots of up to date supps and breaking news diet info) and I do their yearly male blood panel, but to have any meaning you would have to see my real name and I am not ready for that yet. But I will later on if I need to prove my honesty.
"you stated vanity reasons" Sure to an extent, but I also compete beach vball at a high level and performance is an issue also. And you know well that plenty of guys on here are not professionally competing bodybuilders who make their income that way, and if their main job / livelihood is not bodybuilding then vanity is playing a part with them too.
"Did you beat cancer"
I researched scientific journals and all sorts of alternative remedies. Interesting fact: adjuvant (after surgery) chemotherapy, in actual double blind studies, only improved outcomes in 28 % of cases, and in about 80 % of those cases it was not complete remission, rather an extension of survival by a few years. No chemo. I opted for an oil extract the cannabis plant,which is ingested,not smoked, no high. Google RSO and cancer. So far CEA remains normal and all CT scans are clean. Seems to have worked. I had a bad stage, Stage IIIc colon cancer already spread to lymph nodes.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. Don't flame me Koz. Don't flame me bro. LOL I'm going to make that part of my avatar.

1 what is it that makes you sure you will gain you 10 years of muscle that you lost? What makes you think you will keep all that after pct?

I'm not sure at all brother, but my research suggests I would have a much better chance with AAS.
BTW, Koz, you seem like a reasonable guy. Don't you think my motivation for wanting to do a cycle is better than a lot of people who come on here? I'm not 19 and trying to get something for nothing, instead I'm trying to gain back stuff I lost due to no fault of my own.

Back