8th week blood test result

twiice

I've never had blood work done before, but its only my 2nd cycle. I have a basic understanding of the results, but I invite some input. I'm 39, 226 pounds. I'm on a 500mg a week Test E, and I did a 4 week d-bol kicker at 40mg a day, now in week 8 just started 80mg eod Prop on top of the Enth, 2 props pinned before blood work

E2: 267.5 pmol/l 0-275.3
FSH: <1.0 mIU/ml 2.1-18.6
LH: <0.2 mIU/ml 1.7-11.2
PROG: 0.93 nmol/l 0-1.59
PRL: 311.6 uIU/ml 76.3-345.5
TESTO : >69.34 nmol/l 08-30.16

I'm just about shut down, that much is obvious.
I see my test is double max, but my estro is (just) normal. Is THAT normal? Also, source is new , what do u think about my levels per amount of gear taking. I have used arimidex but only tried it exactly 3 times at 0.5mg eod 2 weeks before bloodwork. Hardly a big dose.

I've never had blood work done before, but its only my 2nd cycle. I have a basic understanding of the results, but I invite some input. I'm 39, 226 pounds. I'm on a 500mg a week Test E, and I did a 4 week d-bol kicker at 40mg a day, now in week 8 just started 80mg eod Prop on top of the Enth, 2 props pinned before blood work

E2: 267.5 pmol/l 0-275.3
FSH: <1.0 mIU/ml 2.1-18.6
LH: <0.2 mIU/ml 1.7-11.2
PROG: 0.93 nmol/l 0-1.59
PRL: 311.6 uIU/ml 76.3-345.5
TESTO : >69.34 nmol/l 08-30.16

I'm just about shut down, that much is obvious.
I see my test is double max, but my estro is (just) normal. Is THAT normal? Also, source is new , what do u think about my levels per amount of gear taking. I have used arimidex but only tried it exactly 3 times at 0.5mg eod 2 weeks before bloodwork. Hardly a big dose.

Numbers are indicative of gear that's not bunk. LH, FSH are tanked and serum test levels are high so that's good news. Also progesterone is great as well.

Your E2 and PRL are high though and since PRL can exacerbate E2 problems I would get on something to remedy that immediately. Gyno and leaking nipples is not what you want lol. For E2, get some adex or aromasin from RUI (a sponsor). Great products and fast ship times and the stuff WORKS! Aromasin should be started 12.5-25mg/ ED (probably will need the full 25mg) and adex can be started .25eod. Several days after starting adex or a week plus after starting aromasin you should get another blod test and check E2 levels. Adjust your dosage if needed.

For prolactin (PRL) you'll need caber or prami to lower and vitamin B6 can help but shouldn't be relied upon in case it doesn't work. Caber can be started at .25mg 2x/wk and can be bumped up to .25
3-4x/wk if necessary by blood work. prami should be dosed at .25mg/ed and bumped up to .5mg/Ed if necessary.

Do you have any other lab values? Like RBC/HCT? You should think about donating blood to lower them if they're high since AAS will lead to increased RBC production through decreased hepcidin. Even if your numbers aren't high, donating blood will have no ill effects and can help someone in need.

Numbers are indicative of gear that's not bunk. LH, FSH are tanked and serum test levels are high so that's good news. Also progesterone is great as well.

Your E2 and PRL are high though and since PRL can exacerbate E2 problems I would get on something to remedy that immediately. Gyno and leaking nipples is not what you want lol. For E2, get some adex or aromasin from RUI (a sponsor). Great products and fast ship times and the stuff WORKS! Aromasin should be started 12.5-25mg/ ED (probably will need the full 25mg) and adex can be started .25eod. Several days after starting adex or a week plus after starting aromasin you should get another blod test and check E2 levels. Adjust your dosage if needed.

For prolactin (PRL) you'll need caber or prami to lower and vitamin B6 can help but shouldn't be relied upon in case it doesn't work. Caber can be started at .25mg 2x/wk and can be bumped up to .25
3-4x/wk if necessary by blood work. prami should be dosed at .25mg/ed and bumped up to .5mg/Ed if necessary.

Do you have any other lab values? Like RBC/HCT? You should think about donating blood to lower them if they're high since AAS will lead to increased RBC production through decreased hepcidin. Even if your numbers aren't high, donating blood will have no ill effects and can help someone in need.

Since he's not on a 19-nor, wouldn't bringing his e2 into check also lower his prolactin? Just curious.

Since he's not on a 19-nor, wouldn't bringing his e2 into check also lower his prolactin? Just curious.

You're right, controlling E2 is the first line of defense as it has significant impact on PRL. It's very possible his PRL levels will drop if he addresses E2 but its also possible they'll stay elevated or they won't come down enough. The caber/prami will directly treat this and bring it down for sure with some added benefits to libido. So he can either lower E2 first and see how that affects PRL or just do both nfrom the beginning.

You're right, controlling E2 is the first line of defense as it has significant impact on PRL. It's very possible his PRL levels will drop if he addresses E2 but its also possible they'll stay elevated or they won't come down enough. The caber/prami will directly treat this and bring it down for sure with some added benefits to libido. So he can either lower E2 first and see how that affects PRL or just do both nfrom the beginning.

Thumbs up

Thanks DrDre187. No bs informative post, hats of to you.

They are the only tests I have access to at my local Endocrinologist.

Going on to the adex for a week, then I'll test E2 & PRL again and report it here.

Btw, in your first reply you mentioned my progesterone level being great. Why is that? How does Progesterone tie in?

Thanks mate,

regards, twIIce

Thanks DrDre187. No bs informative post, hats of to you.

They are the only tests I have access to at my local Endocrinologist.

Going on to the adex for a week, then I'll test E2 & PRL again and report it here.

Btw, in your first reply you mentioned my progesterone level being great. Why is that? How does Progesterone tie in?

Thanks mate,

regards, twIIce

Progesterone is another hormone that ties in with estrogen. They're usually inversely proportional so high estrogen would lower progesterone and low estrogen would raise it. There's also an estrogen:progesterone ratio that's used by endos as a gynecomastia diagnostic tool at times. I was just referencing the fact that you had high E2 but good progesterone. Progesterone amplifies the effects of estrogen and too much progesterone could lead to alveolar hyperplasia which is growth of the alveoli cells. Here's a few good quotes about progesterone

Austinite said:
Progesterone in Men: Explanation and Purpose

Progesterone is another steroid hormone in our bodies. Most people think this is only useful to women, however, unlike prolactin, there are actual benefits to healthy levels of progesterone. It "counters" some of the adverse effects stemming from estrogen. For those of us off cycle, it's also a precursor for testosterone. Also cortisone via the adrenal glands. It's produced from cholesterol where it's first pregnenolone and then progesterone. In fact, many men are prescribed progesterone-increasing drugs to elevate levels into the upper range for a more healthy state.

If it's so great, why don't we cause it to produce even more? Well, out of range levels can cause complications. This hormone is beneficial but only in healthy ranges. Beyond that, it becomes an enemy. So our goal is to keep progesterone in range so that it remains a "friendly" hormone so to speak. Now let's have a quick look at the concerns we will face, as men, in the presence of elevated progesterone levels...

Side Effects Of High Progesterone Levels

- Erectile Dysfunction
- Depression
- Lethargy
- Fatigue
- Lower Libido
- Hair Loss
- Gynecomastia (Bingo! Progesterone-induced, not prolactin!)
- Muscle Atrophy

You see how serious high levels is? We need to maintain a healthy level of progesterone for many reasons as outlined above. But I want to cover gynecomastia for a minute because I want you to understand the cause.

Progesterone increases because too many receptors are activated by progestins. Progestins are compounds that act on these receptors, such as Trenbolone and nandrolone or any 19-nor steroid. This is what causes progesterone to increase and why you see the increase when these steroids are introduced. You never need protection with other steroids because others are not progestins. Make sense?

Can you guess what I'm going to say next? That's right. It's worse in the presence of excess estrogen! Especially in the breasts as it acts to promote breast tissue alongside estrogen by increasing 1GF-1 in the breast. Also, progesterone directly stimulates estrogenic activity at the mammary tissues. So here we have a semi-direct influence. High progesterone increases estrogenic activity and results in gynecomastia.

Treating elevated progesterone levels can be done via Selective Progesterone Receptor Modulators (SPRM). For example, Asoprisnil; also known as J867. SPRM's are quite aggressive and should only be used in extreme cases. So I do not recommend them because they could easily cause your levels to plummet, causing other issues. So instead, I recommend that you use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to simply put an end to progesterone stimulating estrogenic activity. So even though this has a direct effect, the effect would lesson in the presence of less estrogen.

I highly recommend Aromasin as the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) of choice when running 19-Nor steroids. Although Arimidex is my favorite inhibitor, it's in fact not as effective as Aromasin in the presence of progestins.

Endotext said:
ESTROGEN, GH AND IGF-1, PROGESTERONE, & PROLACTIN
Estrogen and progesterone act in an integrative fashion to stimulate normal adult female breast development. Estrogen, acting through its ER a receptor, promotes duct growth, while progesterone, also acting through its receptor (PR), supports alveolar development (23). This is demonstrated by experiments in ER knockout mice, which display grossly impaired ductal development, whereas PR knockout mice possess significant ductal development, but lack alveolar differentiation (8, 43).

Although estrogens and progestogens are vital to mammary growth, they are ineffective in the absence of anterior pituitary hormones (19). Thus, neither estrogen alone nor estrogen plus progesterone can sustain breast development without other mediators, such as GH and IGF-1. This was confirmed by studies involving the administration of estrogen and GH to hypophysectomized and oophorectomized female rats, which resulted in breast ductal development. The GH effects on ductal growth are mediated through stimulation of IGF-1. This is demonstrated by studies of estrogen and GH administration to IGF-1 knockout rats that showed significantly decreased mammary development when compared to age-matched IGF-1- intact controls. Combined estrogen and IGF-1 treatment in these IGF-1 knockout rats restored mammary growth (36, 62). In addition, Walden et al. demonstrated that GH-stimulated production of IGF-1 mRNA in the mammary gland itself, suggesting that IGF-1 production in the stromal compartment of the mammary gland acts locally to promote breast development (75). Furthermore, other data indicates that estrogen promotes GH secretion and increases GH levels, stimulating the production of IGF-1, which synergizes with estrogen to induce ductal development.

Like estrogen, progesterone has minimal effects in breast development without concomitant anterior pituitary hormones; again indicating that progesterone interacts closely with pituitary hormones. For example, prolonged treatment of dogs with progestogens such as depot medroxyprogesterone acetate or with proligestone caused increased GH and IGF-1 levels, suggesting that progesterone may also have an effect on GH secretion (48). In addition, clinical studies have correlated maximal cell proliferation to specific phases in the female menstrual cycle. For example, maximal proliferation occurs not during the follicular phase when estrogens reach peak levels and progesterone is low (less than 1 ng/mL [3.1nmol]), but rather, it occurs during the luteal phase when progesterone reaches levels of 10-20 ng/mL (31- 62nmol) and estrogen levels are two to three times lower than in the follicular phase (64). Furthermore, immunohistochemical studies of ER and PR showed that the highest percentage of proliferating cells, found almost exclusively in the type 1 lobules, contained the highest percentage of ER and PR positive cells (64). Similarly, there is immunocytological presence of ER, PR, and androgen receptors (AR) in gynecomastia and male breast carcinoma. ER, PR and AR expression was observed in 100% (30/30) of gynecomastia cases (65). Given these data and the fact that PR knockout mice lack alveolar development in breast tissue, it appears as if progesterone, analogous to estrogen, may increase GH secretion and act through its receptor on mammary tissue to enhance breast development, specifically alveolar differentiation (26, 43).

I understand now. A pretty good explanation. Thanks for pointing it in my direction,
I feel a lot safer knowing.

Back in this thread in a few days..

I have another blood test result(looks bad), but hesitant to post it because i ate the morning of the test and not sure how accurate the results would be. You're supposed to fast 12 hours before but i forgot. Will do another test tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here's the result after taking Arimidex 0. 5mg eod for one week then 0.5mg ed for 3 days. The strange thing is that my testosterone level was 69.34 in all 3 tests, isn't that strange?

E2:195.6 pmol/l 0-275.3
PROG:1.56 nmol/l 0-1.59
PRL:414.3 uIU/ml 76.3-345.5
TESTO:69.34 nmol/l 9.08-30.16

Here's the result after taking Arimidex 0. 5mg eod for one week then 0.5mg ed for 3 days. The strange thing is that my testosterone level was 69.34 in all 3 tests, isn't that strange?

E2:195.6 pmol/l 0-275.3
PROG:1.56 nmol/l 0-1.59
PRL:414.3 uIU/ml 76.3-345.5
TESTO:69.34 nmol/l 9.08-30.16

Your E2, progesterone, and prolactin values are elevated. First step is to increase your adex dosage to combat the E2 as this is also the first line of defense in dealing with the progesterone and prolactin. Since you're not on a 19-nor like tren or deca you may be able to effectively lower prolactin just by better managing E2 but I would get some prami or caber as insurance.

I understand but I think my E2 is well within the normal range, its just my PRL is elevated still. Just how low are you suggesting I bring my E2 down to?

I understand but I think my E2 is well within the normal range, its just my PRL is elevated still. Just how low are you suggesting I bring my E2 down to?

Your estradiol level of 195.6pmol/L is roughly equivalent to 53.3ng/dL and while its not super high, dropping it by increasing your adex dosage slightly will help keep prolactin and progesterone sides at bay since estradiol amplifies or exacerbates their effects.

Thanks again DrDre187. I'm having trouble getting hold of prami or caber so best I can do is Adex atm.

@whitedog, They don't see the result, I collect it from a card swiping machine. Even if they did, I use a fake ID and would tell them to stop being so paternal and mind their own business.

Thanks again DrDre187. I'm having trouble getting hold of prami or caber so best I can do is Adex atm.

@whitedog, They don't see the result, I collect it from a card swiping machine. Even if they did, I use a fake ID and would tell them to stop being so paternal and mind their own business.

You try RUI for prami?

Back