A SERIOUS question for 3J of 3J's Nutriton Network!

GOTGrowth

3J! As much as I'm into the fitness lifestyle.

This kind of thing I STILL WONDER. I think EVERYONE aims for this kind of BODY! Everyone thinks its BULK then CUT. I'm sure they are right.
Theres a time when you have to DIAL in your diet and people start to wonder LOW CARBS...CHECK! BUT what about FATS?

Whats your opinion on some of the lighter fitness physiques. The guys with the wide back, small waist, shredded abs, and a fully built body. Are they doing high fat diets?

In my opinion they are using all the same methods anyone else uses they just don't get sloppy on the offseason, but that's what happens when u compete in physique and a few pounds a year improvement is good enough as long as they stay super lean for photo shoots and stuff the sponsors want

In my opinion they are using all the same methods anyone else uses they just don't get sloppy on the offseason, but that's what happens when u compete in physique and a few pounds a year improvement is good enough as long as they stay super lean for photo shoots and stuff the sponsors want
Kinda what I was thinking also. There is not really a "bulk" for them, there is only an adjustment in surplus of calories for small time frames. They have to be on point pretty much year round for photo shots.

ok.. here i go.. lol

you have to consider the person... their body type.. where they were when they started.. which philosophy of dieting works well for them etc..

so as a rule of thumb the lower your carbs the higher your fats.. remember that you have to get the right amount of calories in..

a keto diet will be high in protein but going over 300g is overkill for most... so you got 3 macros.. carbs.. fats.. and protein.. the carbs have been eliminated... so whats left to bring calories up??? fats..

fats are not your enemy.. even on a lower fat high carb diet your fat intake is important.. and you have to get the right fats in..

i personally have a distinction between keto and low carb diets.. keto is under 50g carbs a day.. low carb should not go under 150g a day.. why?? the body will start producing glucose in the liver.. so why do that.. so here is how the macros for a low carbs 2500 calorie diet would look

250g protein 1000 calories
150g carbs 600 calories

we have 900 calories to fill with fats...

so we would need 100g fats (fats are 9 calories a gram)

if we removed the carbs completely.. we would have to replace 600 calories from fats..

people make the mistake of removing the carbs and not upping the fats.. where did those 600 calories go?? now youre starving yourself

Good stuff!! Im on low carb but according to your definition more of a keto. Leaned out alot and feel great. Can definitely tell when my fat intake isnt high enough.

ok.. here i go.. lol

you have to consider the person... their body type.. where they were when they started.. which philosophy of dieting works well for them etc..

so as a rule of thumb the lower your carbs the higher your fats.. remember that you have to get the right amount of calories in..

a keto diet will be high in protein but going over 300g is overkill for most... so you got 3 macros.. carbs.. fats.. and protein.. the carbs have been eliminated... so whats left to bring calories up??? fats..

fats are not your enemy.. even on a lower fat high carb diet your fat intake is important.. and you have to get the right fats in..

i personally have a distinction between keto and low carb diets.. keto is under 50g carbs a day.. low carb should not go under 150g a day.. why?? the body will start producing glucose in the liver.. so why do that.. so here is how the macros for a low carbs 2500 calorie diet would look

250g protein 1000 calories
150g carbs 600 calories

we have 900 calories to fill with fats...

so we would need 100g fats (fats are 9 calories a gram)

if we removed the carbs completely.. we would have to replace 600 calories from fats..

people make the mistake of removing the carbs and not upping the fats.. where did those 600 calories go?? now youre starving yourself

KEEP THIS THREAD GOING! Lets hear everyones opinion on 3J's answer. This guy is a DIET EXPERT.

Great! I can't wait to see his genius! I'm waiting on my first diet plan from him. He has his work cut out for him.....:p

Last edited:
Back