Abs

niteowltl

Got the abs flat, now I want a six pack, what are some exercise and how often to you work them, I am 40 about 185 and pretty lean, also, cant get calf to grow and tried everything, any ideas. Niteowl

Abs....go heavy. To hell with crunches and all the pretty stuff. Make the muscle grow by lifting weight.

Roman situps with heavy weights. Do situps on a decline bench with a 100lb DB on your chest.

Do some crunches under the cable pulley set up with the rope behind your head...pulling the weight during the crunch.

As for the calves, they grow like arms...with additional bodyweight comes additional mass. Ever see a fat person with skinny calves? They haul weight around all day. lol

You have to go really heavy and hard on calfs man, your walking/running/jumping on them with 185lbs all day long for the last 40 years (almost) - they need a lot of stimulation to grow!

I like seated calf rows, standing calf presses. 3 sets of 10-14 as heavy as you can do for each should do well. You have to use your mind to really focus on the muscle and it's contraction.

Swellin said:
Abs....go heavy. To hell with crunches and all the pretty stuff. Make the muscle grow by lifting weight.

Roman situps with heavy weights. Do situps on a decline bench with a 100lb DB on your chest.

Do some crunches under the cable pulley set up with the rope behind your head...pulling the weight during the crunch.

As for the calves, they grow like arms...with additional bodyweight comes additional mass. Ever see a fat person with skinny calves? They haul weight around all day. lol

I don't have a roman-chair is their something else I can do with the same effect?

You certainly have to work your way up to it. But when you get to moving tha 100lb stuff (assuming your bf is low enough) abs should certainly be showing.

To see the 6 pac you have to get rid of that stubborn layer of body fat. The diet must be clean and you will probably have to cut calories. Do HIIT type of cardio also.

aProtege said:
I love sprints for really making abs pop, it really gets everything in your core going.
Sprints as in running sprints? I've never heard of this. I'm gonna give it a try when I want my 6 pac back!!!

Back