Advice on cardio with weight training????

carljaxx005

Recently I have been questioning my training technique and if cardio is beneficial anymore. I am 5'9 at 130 lbs. and have been training 4-5 days a week for about a year now. My usual routine consists of about an hour of heavy lifting followed by about 1/2 hour of cardio. My partner (who has many years of experience) is telling me my body has adapted to my cardio routine and doing 30 min after training isnt going to make much of a difference for fat loss since it's really inhibiting muscle growth.................I disagree with him and feel much leaner at the end of the week with cardio added in. I need some serious advice....should I drop the cardio all together or stick with it for max. fat loss?????

try mixing it up; varying the type, intensity and duration of your cardio. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is great for max fat loss. try 3 minutes of moderate intensity followed by one minute of high-intensity. do that for 30 mins and you should be almost exhausted. good luck!
~KITTY

BADKITTY said:
try mixing it up; varying the type, intensity and duration of your cardio. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is great for max fat loss. try 3 minutes of moderate intensity followed by one minute of high-intensity. do that for 30 mins and you should be almost exhausted. good luck!
~KITTY
I agree......HIIT is great. Don't give up cardio completely.......it's just all round good for you!! But there is no need to do tons of it.....I personally love it and do alot, but I don't need to.

Try and find a cardio you like......time will pass by much faster!

I find that doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach works well for me. I am usually so exhausted after weight training, doing HIIT is almost out of the question. But I do agree that HIIT is best for fat loss.

Back