Albuterol is gooooood!!!!

Tempest

Damm it I Love Fighting
I just start using Albuterol 2 times a day and it's fucking crazy!

I feel like a hummyng bird on crack :insane2: I've just increased 20 pound on my bench press the first day I used it. Im looking foward for tuesday to hit the 255 mark.

be careful w/ that shit, sends your heart rate into the ozone!!!! otherwise, pics u up better than a starbucks double expreso...exercise caution

Tempest said:

I feel like a hummyng bird on crack :insane2: I've just increased 20 pound on my bench press the first day I used it. Im looking foward for tuesday to hit the 255 mark.
uhm.... you do know that Albuterol isn't in any way anabolic, right?

mranak said:
uhm.... you do know that Albuterol isn't in any way anabolic, right?

Actually there are numerous studies that show it can improve strength, athletic performance and muscle size.

Carter WJ, Lynch ME. Comparison of the effects of salbutamol and clenbuterol on skeletal muscle mass and carcass composition in senescent rats. Metabolism. 1994 Sep;43(9):1119-25.

Uc EY, Lambert CP, Harik SI, Rodnitzky RL, Evans WJ. Albuterol improves response to levodopa and increases skeletal muscle mass in patients with fluctuating Parkinson disease. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2003 Jul-Aug;26(4):207-12.

Caruso JF, Hamill JL, De Garmo N. Oral albuterol dosing during the latter stages of a resistance exercise program. J Strength Cond Res. 2005 Feb;19(1):102-7.

van Baak MA, Mayer LH, Kempinski RE, Hartgens F. Effect of salbutamol on muscle strength and endurance performance in nonasthmatic men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1300-6

Caruso JF, Signorile JF, Perry AC, Leblanc B, Williams R, Clark M, Bamman MM. The effects of albuterol and isokinetic exercise on the quadriceps muscle group. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1300-6.

What exactly is Albuterol?

I am asthmatic and usually use a ventolin inhaler, which is salbutamol... is this similar?

The doses used in the studies that found improved performance, etc. were a bit larger then what you can get out of a few puffs. :shoot2:

Plus it's a different delivery method.

But please don't try taking a whole bunch of puffs from the albuterol inhaler in an attempt to get your dose up. That might not be good. These studies used another administration method of the albuterol; probably oral.

mranak said:
These studies used another administration method of the albuterol; probably oral.

Yes indeedy. Using a inhaler delivers the drug much more rapidly and can cause cardiovascular problems at relatively small doses. Do not try it with an inhaler!

Oh, I see. I usually take just 1 puff before I workout, but have taken up to 3 before when I haven't been able to shake the tightness of breathing, and this has given me the shakes a little.

Interestingly, I recently bought 10 salbutamol inhalers from our chinese friend, and these are actually a liquid, where the other ventolin inhalers I have used have always been a compressed gas. I noticed the inhalers from china using a liquid form aren't as effective, and I usually use 2 puffs straight up - which has about the same effect as 1 puff of the aerosol version. Maybe this would be better form of administration if I was going to blast a few extra puffs to see what effect it had on strength.

Aboot said:
Correct reference: van Baak MA, Mayer LH, Kempinski RE, Hartgens F. Effect of salbutamol on muscle strength and endurance performance in nonasthmatic men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1300-6

Apparently incorrect: Caruso JF, Signorile JF, Perry AC, Leblanc B, Williams R, Clark M, Bamman MM. The effects of albuterol and isokinetic exercise on the quadriceps muscle group. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1300-6.
Well, I found the first one in this list. It seems to suggest that the albuterol increased the air capacity which increased endurance.

The other one, which this reference claims is at the same place, wasn't there.

Where they hell do you pull up these studies from, anyway? Guess I'll have to give you positive karma.

gareth1978 said:
Oh, I see. I usually take just 1 puff before I workout, but have taken up to 3 before when I haven't been able to shake the tightness of breathing, and this has given me the shakes a little.

Interestingly, I recently bought 10 salbutamol inhalers from our chinese friend, and these are actually a liquid, where the other ventolin inhalers I have used have always been a compressed gas. I noticed the inhalers from china using a liquid form aren't as effective, and I usually use 2 puffs straight up - which has about the same effect as 1 puff of the aerosol version. Maybe this would be better form of administration if I was going to blast a few extra puffs to see what effect it had on strength.
You mean its like you are inhaling a liquid?

mranak said:
Where they hell do you pull up these studies from, anyway? Guess I'll have to give you positive karma.

I write steroid/supplement profiles for a couple of other sites and amazingly enough I'm just finishing one up for Albuterol as we speak.

Yep, it's a liquid... comes in a little glass bottle with a plastic yellow sleave, some kinda diffuser on the bottom to turn the liquid into a fine mist as you breath it in.

I thought it was strange at first, but it seems to do the job... and very cost effective for me :)

Just comparing the two different types I have (liquid and aerosol). Although most of the label of the liquid version is in Chinese, it does say 28mg... whereas my ventolin is 100mg. Might explain the difference in effectiveness.

Tempest said:

I have been prescribed Albuterol before but did'nt feel any of these effects.

Corrected reference:

Caruso JF, Signorile JF, Perry AC, et al: The effects of albuterol and isokinetic exercise on the quadriceps muscle group. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1995;27(11):1471-1476

Back