aldactone?

chelsea

I was wondering if anyone here had ever used aldactone before? Ive never needed it but was wondering if I ventured into anything new if it would be good to have on hand or not? I read about it on another board and couldnt decide what I thought about it. Thanks, Chelsea

Hey Chel.. you competing soon?? When and if you do then and only then might you want to use some aldactone to help remove subcutaneous water before your show... Otherwise, IMO it has no place in your program... it is a diuretic.. and should only be used if necessary!

Aldactone is one of the milder diuretics, its potassium sparing so it is also one of the more safer ones. Like SG said, its good for contest prep but shouldn't be used as a regular sup. Eventhough its mild, you will get a water rebound when you come off.
AngerOut

Im not planning to compete for another year. Im going to watch some of the shows this year and shoot for next year. Ive never actually seen one. I was asking about the aldactone because I was considering taking durabolin in a couple months and someone had told me that it was good to have on hand as an anti androgen. Since durabolin is a relatively short lived steroid, I dont see that it would be necessary but Im still researching possible side effects and such. Thanks, Chelsea

chelsea said:
someone had told me that it was good to have on hand as an anti androgen. Since durabolin is a relatively short lived steroid, I dont see that it would be necessary but Im still researching possible side effects and such. Thanks, Chelsea

what?? aldactone as an anti-androgen?? no way! one has nothing to do with the other
are you thinking of arimidex possibly?? definitely not aldactone...

I agree with all of the above info, this is for pre-contest only. I used it as my primary diuretic on my last figure comp. It is very effective at removing the subcutns water. Also, if you take too much it will cause muscle cramps, so you need to be sure to take caution in your dosage. As with everything, start small.
I hold quite a bit of water, so this gave me fantastic results for the show. I had no cramps, but my face did look a little harsher. I looked very dry in the face. Other than that, it was great.

Which comps are you entering? Fitness, figure...? Good Luck!

Back