Am I missing something? Not happy with results after TRT

sugarwookie

Hey Guys,

I just thought I'd throw this out there in hopes some of you that have been on TRT for a while might chime in with your results. After a diagnosis at a level of 325 I decided to give TRT a shot since it was technically legal for once to use steroids, lol.

I found a Doctor that seems knowledgeable and genuine in his desire to make folks feel better. I opted to go with self injections and my levels have been at 1100-1200 for the last three or four months (Don't have my paperwork on me as I type)

I'm not killing myself in the gym, so that may be part of the problem, but my complaint is I really don't feel any different than before. I have no more energy, sexual desire, or physical changes that I thought I'd experience going through this. Am I not giving it enough time? Do I need to starve myself and kill it in the gym for actual results? For example, my bench has always been around 300 when I'm steady in the gym and taking the usual supps. Well, my bench is exactly the same. My sexual appetite was about every other day before, and it's pretty much the same, with erection strength being 75-100% during intercourse, again no changes.

Considering the risks involved, I guess I'm just starting to have some doubts, and I'm not so sure I wouldn't be any worse if I was lifting and using supps. I can drop weight fairly easy, and have gotten from 255 to 235 within a few months. Since TRT, I've gotten down to 245 with some extreme dieting. It just seems the weight won't come off.

I know to give me true advice you'd need a lot of info on diet and routine, so I'm just asking for basic input. I know my estrodiol was 45 and it's a little high. I've been taking Tamoxifen once or twice a week, and maybe Arimidex would be better and the 45 is keeping some water weight on me?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Hmm, that doesn't sound right to me. You should be feeling different by now going from 325 to 1200... What is your dose?

BTW Tamoxifen and Arimidex aren't interchangeable... why are you taking the Tamoxifen? E2 of 45 may be just a little high but certainly not by much.

Age? 235 at what height?

Hey Guys,

I just thought I'd throw this out there in hopes some of you that have been on TRT for a while might chime in with your results. After a diagnosis at a level of 325 I decided to give TRT a shot since it was technically legal for once to use steroids, lol.

I found a Doctor that seems knowledgeable and genuine in his desire to make folks feel better. I opted to go with self injections and my levels have been at 1100-1200 for the last three or four months (Don't have my paperwork on me as I type)

I'm not killing myself in the gym, so that may be part of the problem, but my complaint is I really don't feel any different than before. I have no more energy, sexual desire, or physical changes that I thought I'd experience going through this. Am I not giving it enough time? Do I need to starve myself and kill it in the gym for actual results? For example, my bench has always been around 300 when I'm steady in the gym and taking the usual supps. Well, my bench is exactly the same. My sexual appetite was about every other day before, and it's pretty much the same, with erection strength being 75-100% during intercourse, again no changes.

Considering the risks involved, I guess I'm just starting to have some doubts, and I'm not so sure I wouldn't be any worse if I was lifting and using supps. I can drop weight fairly easy, and have gotten from 255 to 235 within a few months. Since TRT, I've gotten down to 245 with some extreme dieting. It just seems the weight won't come off.

I know to give me true advice you'd need a lot of info on diet and routine, so I'm just asking for basic input. I know my estrodiol was 45 and it's a little high. I've been taking Tamoxifen once or twice a week, and maybe Arimidex would be better and the 45 is keeping some water weight on me?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Tamox doesnt lower estrogen so thats likely your issue... it doesnt lower it at all. use an AI not a SERM. tamox is a SERM. Arimidex is what you should be using.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right to me. You should be feeling different by now going from 325 to 1200... What is your dose?

BTW Tamoxifen and Arimidex aren't interchangeable... why are you taking the Tamoxifen? E2 of 45 may be just a little high but certainly not by much.

Age? 235 at what height?

some people feel better on 30 and some feel no diff at 45 but some feel bad with 45. not everyone is the same. i would get estrogen to mid normal and see how that feels OP
and i agree whats age, hight and BF %

I agree with all the above. Adjust your AI dose until you find that sweet point for your E2. I also recommend HCG as it has many benefits. For one thing, your HPTA pathway no longer produces DHEA and a few other things, because you body shut down production because of injected testosterone. DHEA has a calming effect and is important. At the least, research HCG and decide for yourself.

PS You are definitely in the beginning of taking proper care of your physical and mental health by being on TRT. No doubt about that. Just handle the sides effects like E2. Research! Learn all you can!

Last edited:
How long have you been on TRT? 3-4 isn't nearly long enough. some low T symptoms can take 6+ months to alleviate with TRT.

Also, be aware that T levels at 1100 will not turn you into a ripped beast with 5% body fat. You still need to train and diet accordingly - with diet being KING.

Before TRT my TT was 200. I've been on TRT at 1150 since August. I'm in the gym 5 days a week for 1.5 hours. Sure I've gained some muscle mass and dropped some body fat, but I'm not a beast. Body fat is still a little higher than I'd like it to be but slowly cutting back calories is key.

My point? TRT isn't a miracle drug - you still need to work your ass off in the gym and eat clean foods. Put down that cheeseburger!

I also agree with the others here about managing E2. If my E2 gets into the 50's I notice water retention and bloat for sure - It can also cause ED and libido issues.

its important to share your stats when looking for advice.

I don't get it, why they don't. Ya know even myself I share my stats though I've been here a little while. Why would I think people would remember my stats for asking a pertinent Q's for myself.?? :dunno:

I think you have expectations with not real plan. The key to all progress is diet. Getting your testosterone level back to normal won't creat Magic. It will just get you to normal. What are the risks your are talking a about ?

TRT can be tricky to get dialed in. Once you do. You should be feeling better. You should notice it takes less time to recover. I would consul with the community and make some adjustments and then. I'd hire a diet consultant who will help you reach your goals.

your natural test levels were in the 'normal' range to begin with.
unless you have a REAL hypogonadal testosterone deficiency , getting on TRT is not going to do 'magical wonders' for you. Correcting a REAL deficiency can be life changing and will give the body an anabolic response. This provides that 'wow' I feel different factor you may have been looking for, , but you DID NOT correct a real deficiency so you did not have that response.

go from 'low normal' , to running a real steroid cycle and get to super physiological levels of test (4000+ ng/dl) and you probably will have the response your looking for.

sounds like you just jumped on the 'low test band-wagon' because of all the marketing for it these days. you bought into the hype and thought you'd be a whole new man, that's the point of marketing, sounds like their marketing is working

I have a couple points to add. You don't give much detail as to whether you had many 'low T' symptoms. You said you started TRT because it was legal. Seems like you had few Low T symptoms. The less low T symptoms you have the less difference you will feel at 1100. Those of us who were not so lucky as you at that level had heavy duty symptoms and will se a bigger difference.

As Average Man says: "some low T symptoms can take 6+ months to alleviate with TRT." so give it time?

AS Dreaded Pirate Roberts says: "TRT can be tricky to get dialed in. Once you do. You should be feeling better." Perhaps you're not dialed in yet and need AI, HCG to get you better.

Regarding what Roush says: If you're looking to be a beast and that is why you find no difference, then you may be looking for more than TRT. However I suffered greatly at 300 and feel like I'm alive when I'm at 1100. So you may have to define why you feel no difference to figure it out. Tell us what actually are your symptoms OR tell us in which ways are there no improvement for you. If you really have a problem, there are some very smart guys on this forum that might be able to help. If your expectations are out of line, I think you'll be told that too. :) ?

Back