AM vs PM workouts

SteelFarmer

AM vs PM workouts?
I used to always workout in the afternoon. Then I started to workout at 0500. It was hard at first, but I seemed to sleep better at night when I switched over to AM workouts.

People have said that working out in the AM gives you all day to feed your body after your workout.

Thoughts?

I started working out in the morning too and I really like it. Personally, I've been getting great strength and muscle gains working out in the morning and eating high protein all day. It gets you going for the day and you can feel it for at least 3 or 4 hours. During that time I try to eat 2-3 high protein meals, but I continue throughout the day.

Also, if you think about it, you're body is definitely healing all day long if you hit it hard in the morning. Prob 24 hours worth and the benefits of high protein meals decrease as time goes on. That means if you work out at 6pm and sleep at 10pm you only get 4 hours to eat, where if you work out at 6am and go to bed at 10pm you have 14 hours to fuel your recovery..

Anyway, I agree with you..

I used to workout in the morning at 430 for years. Then cause of work reasons I started in the afternoon and I love hate it lol.im stronger in the pm and muscles tendons joints are warm so I don't waste as much time warming up .. the part I don't like is all day long its on my mind to go to the gym in the morning when ur done I feel great that its over and got the workout in. Overall though I've progressed so much more by going in the pm so im sticking with after work lifting

Your body doesn't grow all day if you work out in the am. You grow/repair in your sleep. I believe morning cardio is good but lifting is a matter of preference. I see most bodybuilders lifting mid day and evening..

Your body doesn't grow all day if you work out in the am. You grow/repair in your sleep. I believe morning cardio is good but lifting is a matter of preference. I see most bodybuilders lifting mid day and evening..

^^^^^^^^^^
I have noticed this as well in person and watching different sessions. It seems that working out from 9-11PM is popular with the pros.

I personally love cardio in the a.m. and then doing my heavy lifting in the PM. Theres nothing wrong with a few 2adays during the week.

I like to lift in the morning. I down some stims and 10g BCAA. For whatever reason, I am able to just tell me body to "do it" early in the morning without the constant overanalyzing and incessant thought process.

Some of my best workouts have been at 530am. It's nice to wake up with a mission.

That being said, if I have nothing to do all day I will usually train in the mid afternoon (around 2pm). Working Mon-Fri sort of prevents that though.

I wake up at 5am and get to the around 6:30. I love it. the best part for me? No one is there. The gym, maybe has a max of 15 people that early. I tried a few times after work, around 7pm, it was a fucking mad house, packed.

Back