Another day

The Anabolic Doc

Official Sponsor
Hi all. and thanks for the warm welcome. Today was another day in Connecticut for me and another "lifter " that joined my private medical practice... from far away. Another interesting case. Its amazing what I see! This gentleman has had the usual history of sundry AS cycles over years and now has hypertension and LVH (left ventricular hypertropy--enlarged heart) This is not from the AS-per-say, but from his inability to control his blood pressue over years. and he is young at 42! and feel very tired. Now I will have to put him on stable doses of T and treat his blood pressure-thats what I do. I will also administer care for elevated lipids and pre-diabetes. Not to mention a varity of supplements like adequate Vit D that is now life saving at the corect doses. I measure all of this in my 3 hour first visit!! He is glad he has come to me and over the next few months, I will stay in close contact with him, via email and he will feel better and will be able to keep lifting.. as I do .. see my recent bench 485 lbs @ 44 yrs old... new CT record in APA!! Just did on saturday..3/28/09 Home Page

Hi Dread Pirate Roberts. First of all. I love your logo/picture!! Makes me want to go to the beach!! As for your question, I am a board certified physician in Internal Medicine, that means I treat general medical issues, but what a good Internist does is prevent heart disease, strokes and failure of your organs; liver kidney/liver/testes/thyroid etc.--these are your "internal organs" hence-Internal Medicine. With me I spent the first vist (3 hours!!) reviewing all this in detail. Then I treat all of these issues, one at a time. I do this for any one...what I have done now, is to focus on men who are involved in weightlifting.. a special group of men!! Some have done AS and need me to prescribe safe doses of testosterone and clean up medical issues that they have put on to themselfs through un-supervised AS use. I do not GIVE AS!! I use Testosterone as a medicine!! and I treat all the other issues that a man may have ---with or with out AS prior use. I have a huge group of men who come and see me. My trick is I love my patients, I am board Certified and I am on staff of the state medical school!!! I know what to do!! And I am a lifter who benches over 500 lbs!! See my web page at Home Page . I hope I have answered your question.. if not go to my web page and read more.. and call to set up to be a patient of mine. The Anabolic Doc

what were the IVS and LVPW measurements? what was EF? any diastolic HF seen in this patient?

this is easily gonna be my favorite forum, i love chatting with MDs, i work in the cardiology field myself, hope to go to medschool before i get to old

Hi grafixLSUalum thanks for the great question. These are the ideal medical questions that I like..I have not yet done the ECHO, but you are very smart and advanced to consider diastolic CHF. Which this man will have. I have seen this many times with men and AS use. As you know, the EF will probably be WNL or even hyperdynamic, but on 2D echo we will find issues with diastolic function. Do you know what the underlying mechanism is??? It relates to endothelial dysfunction. From years of HTN, abnormalities in lipid (cholesterol profile) and various degrees of diabetes inaddition to AS use.. I am trying not to use big medical words, but this is it and it is a huge problem with men who have used or are using AS--too big doses!! I will control all independent medical issues; e.g., HTN, lipids and IFG or frank DM with behavior changes and medications and he will feel better..Ofcourse I will prescribe phyiologic doses of testosterone. And watch him close. Thany you. AnabolicDoc

Have you ever seen a case where steroids was the reason for an enlarged heart? What would be the cause if so....High doses of any given compound? What about the Pro's...has any of them had an issue with an enlarged heart?
Thanks
Peace Oz

Ozzy27 yes!! if you read the prior post and endothieal damage means damage to the inner lining of one's blod vessels and this is very bad. It happens from hypertension, diabetes, elevated cholesterol, smoking , inactivity, and inflammation from disease... AS in high doses for sure will elavate blood pressure and wreck your cholesterol panel and cause an enlarged heart over time. Not too mention the direct effects of AS on the blood vessels..Which no one knows yet what the affect is? And yes, I have several cases of enlarged hearts from AS.. So be carfull and make sure your Blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol is under control. That is in part what I do for my patients.. They do AS and I make sure they do not or at least have minimal adverse effects from the AS.. It is very real medicine and complex. .... Hope I answered your questions... I am answering these questions fast, during my busy day with patients.. so excuse spelling issues etc... The AnabolicDoc..

Thats interesting.....my blood pressure and cholesterol are good , however , I have not been diagnosed with hypoglycemic , but I have symptons. In the morning at work , if I am in a rush and don't eat properly , I'll start working and when I start rushing around at work (construction work) I get very very shaky and have to get something sweet or atleast some form of food. Is this something I should be severly concrned with? It seems to be one of the only things I have medically going on.
Thanks for your help Doc

ps. I'm gonna set up an appointment with you as soon as funds come available!

Ozzy OMG I better get to my patients , but first you symptoms seem like hypoglycemia. Could be some othe form of sympathetic drive (heart /nervous system) The differntial diagnosis is important and I can't go into it here.. come see me and Ill figure it out.. Medicine can not be done like this over the net, but I love you guys and the general questions.. I'M trying to be the only physician in the US that cares for the underserved lifter population.. The Anabolic Doc..

I wish I could come see you next wk , but the money is an issue right now.
Are you saying hypoglycemia could have something to do with heart/nervous system???
I took it as a low blood sugar issue. Atleast that is what Doc's I have just talked to at the gym. My own primary physician said I would have to fast for 24 hrs and then come in for blood work.

Ozzy, you need a thorough evaluation by an internist. The docs in the gym thing is not the way to go. And the 24 hour fast is not correct either. That is not the initial way to work-up "hypoglycemia".. if that is what we are taliking about. I see thsi kind of stuff all the time and it is not as easy as you think. Why do you think I spent 10 years in medical school and residency training to be board certified. There is the right way to do this and it requires that you come and see me. I just did a similair work up for a lifter like you with the same symptoms. Now he is fine. And it was not what he thought!! The lab panel I would do would be done by be me that am. My histroy and physical goes for 3 hours.. yes believe it. I do it all. I dont miss the stuff the other docs do with 3-5 minute visits. And you have me for one year on the email or phone. Most of my patients put it on a credit card. Call my office and set up to see me. The Anabolic doc

Yes...Hypoglycemia is what I believe this shaky thing to be. It doesn't happen all the time. But when it does , it's scary!

I don't like that I can not send you a "private message" here , because I am not going to put my personal stuff up on the board.....I'm talking about the credit card question.
It just isn't gonna happen....meaning me coming to see you. I would love to , but curcumstances are not allowing me.
Thanks
Peace Oz

Ozzy that is too bad. I do not do partial payments and $1,500 for one full year of my service very reasonable. I will save your life. Why would I take your money to hold a spot in my practice that will not be there for you?? I do not rip people off. I am a doctor. When you are ready to join -up, just call one of my assistants and set up your first visit for 3 hours. And pay on credit when you arrive. I just went national and and have calls coming in from all over.. it's great. I just posted another state record in the bench last weekend here in CT---485 lbs at 44 years old and I feel great. I did 500, but tech. error. Look for my interview in Powerlifting USA. It will start in June or July and go for at least 3 months. Don't worry, once I get about 100 more patients, I will try to hire other "Anabolic Docs" if I can find some guys like me in the medical residency training programs... It's going to be tough... Board certified internal medicine and need to bench at least 500 lbs.... The Anabolic Doc

Back