Another NJ bust

Wynn

I just saw on the local news that a competitor was nabbed at a pharmacy when he went there to pick up his xanax. He was allegedly writing his own prescriptions for drugs and the bulk of them were steroids. The areas mentioned were Paramus and Emerson. I'll see if I can find it in the papers tomorrow.

It would be much cheaper to get them through a source than the pharmacy in the first place. the juice anyways.

Soon as you add drugs into the mix , all usually goes sour. It was pointed out to me early on that if a source sells drugs along with gear , to stay away. They're just calling for trouble. I just found out a source I have used in the past just added shit like Demoral , Oxycotin , Vicodin and Kolonopin to his gear list.......not very good since he's been around for 15 years. I think he's getting clumsy :(

sad thing is alot of em sell recs, you just dont have that list. i bet ALOT of people would be supprised!

It hasn't hit the news that I could find. It might be that the guy could be only the beginning of other hits in the area.

Ozzy27 said:
Soon as you add drugs into the mix , all usually goes sour. It was pointed out to me early on that if a source sells drugs along with gear , to stay away. They're just calling for trouble. I just found out a source I have used in the past just added shit like Demoral , Oxycotin , Vicodin and Kolonopin to his gear list.......not very good since he's been around for 15 years. I think he's getting clumsy :(

If you were talking about the dude who was writing his own scripts, i think it had more to do with the stolen scipt pad. But i could be wrong.

jcp2 said:
If you were talking about the dude who was writing his own scripts, i think it had more to do with the stolen scipt pad. But i could be wrong.
And the fact that he was writing himself scripts for XANAX!

Popichulo said:
And the fact that he was writing himself scripts for XANAX!

Gear is much more more suspicious than xanax. Much more. I don't even think xanax is a narcotic.

Xanax is Sched 4 if I am not mistaken. And true GEar is a bit more suspicious through the use of Scripts.

Popichulo said:
Xanax is Sched 4 if I am not mistaken. And true GEar is a bit more suspicious through the use of Scripts.

The problem with stealing a script, all it takes is for one pharmacist to call it in, and you are done.

its funny how i always here people say, "as soon as you mix recs this always happens". dealing juice is just as serious as dealing some of rec drugs. especially now.
what im saying is that i dont believe sources get caught just because they deal recs too. thats not always the case. your fucked either way when you get busted.

jcp2 said:
I don't know but he just recently changed his addy , if that is any clue to ya? He's not turning bad I don't think....because I emailed him at his old one and he replied back with the new one......it might also be because ziplip is shutting down. By the way , is ziplip really shutting down ?? :dunno:

I found it posted on the getbig forum:

Tuesday, March 29, 2005
By CAROLYN SALAZAR

A professional bodybuilder who competes in national events stole a doctor's pad, wrote his own prescriptions and then stashed thousands of dollars' worth of stolen steroids in his Emerson home, authorities said Monday.

Undercover detectives posing as pharmacists arrested X, 28, on Saturday after he walked into a drugstore to pick up a prescription for Xanax that he apparently had written for himself using a bogus doctor's name, Police Chief Fred Corrubia said.

X had picked up steroids at the pharmacy several times before, Corrubia said.

"We think he was getting the steroids for himself," Corrubia said Monday. "But he could have been selling some of it."

The arrest comes amid steroid scandals that have rocked baseball, tarnishing the reputations of superstars Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco, among others. One of the world's best-known bodybuilders, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, once a user himself, has called on the sport of bodybuilding to crack down on steroid use.

X has ranked in the Top 5 three times, and once in the Top 10, in the National Physique Committee's Junior National Championship. At 5-foot-8 and about 195 pounds, he competed in the light-heavyweight division.

Corrubia said police were tipped off by pharmacists who grew suspicious about a prescription submitted by X. The pharmacists tried to contact the doctors listed on the form, only to discover that they didn't exist, Corrubia said.

Lt. Kevin Smith and Patrolman Dean Avagnano, wearing white lab coats, set up the undercover operation at Paramus Pharmacy on East Ridgewood Avenue after X ordered a prescription there, Corrubia said. The prescriptions were written on a pad reported stolen last month from the office of an Englewood orthopedic surgeon.

Smith said X had access to the pads because he had worked at another doctor's office in Englewood.

Police think he ordered and picked up phony prescriptions at about 10 pharmacies.

Following X's arrest, police found valium, steroids and hypodermic needles at his home, Corrubia said.

X was charged with possession of steroids, possession of stolen property and prescription fraud. He was taken to Bergen County Jail, where he posted $10,000 bail.

"This is one competition where he is the loser," Corrubia said.

Steroid use reportedly has been rampant in bodybuilding competitions, during which the athletes generally are not tested. The recent steroid scandals have prompted federal officials and well-known athletes to put more pressure on national organizations to tighten the rules.

A woman at the National Physique Committee's office in Pennsylvania said the committee's president, Jim Manion, was out of town and could not be reached for comment.

NPC's New Jersey district chairman, John Kemper, said the organization is "obviously against steroid use" and is considering reinstituting a random steroid testing program to ensure that its athletes are not juicing up for national competitions.

"We will probably discuss that at our annual meeting," Kemper said.

X has an unlisted phone number and could not be reached for comment on Monday.

Further charges could follow if X went to other pharmacies to fill out phony prescriptions, Corrubia said.

i agree 100%...out of all the busts that i've been aware of over the past 5 years a solid 90% were instigated because there was rec drugs involved and then opps! they find the gear as well.

Ozzy27 said:

Back