Antidepressants and gear, do they go hand in hand?

casanovaaa

If you are taking antidepressants is it ok to do gear? what effect do antidepressants have on someone taking gear?
is anyone here taking antidepressants along with their cycle?

If you are taking antidepressants is it ok to do gear? what effect do antidepressants have on someone taking gear?
is anyone here taking antidepressants along with their cycle?

Although I know I am not the only one on here using these in conjunction I will speak up if nobody else will.haha
Yes. I am running gear and have been on anti depressants for some years now. I was injured on duty in my police job back in the day and suffered a major concussion, which lead to bad side effects and depression being one of them. Pulled under a car removing a drunk driver by his window as he wasn't coming out otherwise. Anyway, his wife stepped on the gas as he was being pulled out. Long story short, PTSD and depression problems, and headaches that are with me for life according to the Doctors. Anyway, I have never seen testosterone effectively treat depression as some say it will do. I wish that was the case. Effexor, clonazepam, and Seroquel are currently in my system along with about 400mg of test every five days with some daily D-bol in a small dose. The meds are mainly to slow my system down to get to sleep as they told me the human brain fires like a piston in an engine, and speeds up when you have a headache or pain in general. The meds slow the firing down and lessens the headache to allow me to sleep. The one thing I do know is that it makes me sluggish and it's tough to train at times. Other than that I haven't really noticed anything significant with using them all at the same time. Assuming you asked due to personal reasons? :). BTW I have not had bloodwork done in awhile so not sure if it has any effects on the blood. Would be interested in others experiences though??

in the past I had used anabolics & xanax simultaneously (over 10 years ago)

in my experience they went well together

heres the thing though on that score of it

you're not going to want to discontinue both at the same time

that is not logical for obvious reasons

continue the anti depressant until you have recovered from the cycle

if that is the route you are going to take

Ive been taking lexipro and TRT for years, no effects. In fact I think it helps with roid rage ( if there is such a thing). I've seen no adverse affects when on a cycle either. Def ok in my book. Blood levels when I'm on TRT only always come great.

Ive been taking lexipro and TRT for years, no effects. In fact I think it helps with roid rage ( if there is such a thing). I've seen no adverse affects when on a cycle either. Def ok in my book. Blood levels when I'm on TRT only always come great.

A lot of people claim roid rage is just a matter of "checking yourself" but I am not one of them. I am a calm and mostly collected person, but I have had roid rage to an extent on cycle. I'm referring to being short tempered as opposed to off cycle, and also more aggressive, which is not always a bad thing as I fight mixed mma and had 21 amateur fights as an amateur boxer in my earlier years. I compete in Highland Games Heavy events as well and the aggression is useful there. My point is not to brag, just to say that I for one believe that roid rage exists. So my point being that on anti depressants and gear does not change the effect of my gear or anti depressants as far as I know anyway. my 2cnts. :)

ive read that studies suggest that a combination of testosterone and current antidepressants enhance antidepressant-induced neurogenesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Testosterone actions within the HPA axis and during inflammation may additionally contribute to the mood enhancing effects.

Studies suggest that a combination of testosterone and current antidepressants enhance antidepressant-induced neurogenesis. Testosterone actions within the HPA axis and during inflammation may additionally contribute to the mood enhancing effects.

Neurons formed in the SVZ migrate to the olfactory bulb, which is the area of the brain responsible for olfaction, our sense of smell. Preventing adult neurogenesis in the SVZ has been shown to impair cognitive functions including olfactory memory.

get off those antidepressants people.

id say get off antidepressants for good, they are no good and take away your own will, free agency, it turns you into a comic version of you and makes or better said forces you to follow the passions of the body, highway to hell fellas.

Back