anyone ever hit the front of the delt

house1

Community Veteran
i always hit the side -- was talking to this guy the other day and he hits the front of the delt aswell--

anyone else do this?? trying to get some info on nerves and such

once, for some reason it made me sore as hell, could have been a bad shot, but i just continued to use the side after that. It was the only time i did every day injects and needed fresh sites, that is how i got into chest injects which i liked much better.

thanks jcp2-- how have you been bro

notallthere-- i know about that site brother-- been around the block a couple times-- just looking for different spots to punch a pin into

house1:

I figured you did based on posts but figured i would throw it up anyway! I'm sure someone else who didn't will make note and use it well. Time for a poke for myself now.

NOtallthere

I have actually hit all 3 sides of the delt bro... What I found out was I had to find the 'sweet spot' for the front and rear. Rears are a little hairy but you get used to it.. I use the 25G 5/8" pinz.. For the fronts I tend to go more inward toward the Chest. For the rears I just feel and push around to find the meatiest part and go from there.. When I hit the spot if it doesnt feel right, I simply pull it out, change needle to a new one and try again. If the aspirate goes well I inject juice.. Hope this helps..

Gonna try the front tonight, I've been hitting the rear alot lately cause the sides are pretty used up. I'm surprised I have less pain in the rear than on the side. For me also the outer bis are alot more painfull than the inner head

I prefer to stick the medial delt.. I found that the front deltoid causes too much soreness for me..

DON'T. Just a few weeks after hitting my front delt with test prop in a 22g pin I got a slight tear in the belly of my front delt right around the injection site which resulted in a hematoma (buildup of blood, protein and other gunk) and, after all is said and done, not being able to workout for four months. The reason I believe this was the contributing factor in the tear was that the orthapedic surgeon had never in his 20 something years seen a tear in the belly of the deltoid like that and emphasized how strange it was.

Back