Anyone have rotator cuff surgery? What kind of recovery time?

no1isbigger

I have to have surgery (scope) to repair a partial tear in my rotator cuff ( supraspinatus) Tues feb 26th. Has anyone had this? and if so what was you recovery time until you were back to full training?

i am worried about this as far as how long it will take to recover. I am hoping that i will be back to 90% by 4-6months.

any input on this would be great!

thanks
TJ Schoenborn

I know quite a few people that have had shoulder problems and have gone through surgery. It really seems to depend on the person. I know a guy that had two tears in the front of his shoulder and he was feeling great just one month after surgery. I've got another buddy who FUCKED up his shoulder. He tore his in the back and in the front. It's been about 3 months since his surgery and he has lost about 30 pounds (mostly muscle) and his shoulder is maybe 75%. These guys are also young by the way. I know the older you get, the longer it seems to take to recover from surgery.

A lot of rest and physical therapy will help. If that doesn't work, you can always try some Human Growth Hormone to help speed up the recovery process!

i tore my supraspinatus and infraspinatus completely in 11 of '06. i also had a partial tear of my labrum. had surgery in june of '07. wore a sling to completely immobilize the arm, except for the PT. these days, expect to be doing PT a few days after surgery if not the next day. it is now nearly 9mos post-op, and i feel great, but i have a little mental block i guess where i dont push any exercises for lats, chest or delts. take it slow, listen to the medical staff and PT's........

I had it, got injured playing fucking TENNIS...grr..years of HS football and college lacrosse and tennis got me, cruel fucking joke. I felt the recover time was pretty quick, do the rehab and start back slow. I I am thinking 4-6 weeks and you should start feeling better...just my opin., I am not a doctor.

Depends on the person, my cousin had it done and is back in the gym 2 months later doing light exercises and lifting normal 2 months after that. 4 months total, hes 18 though and we mostly recover quicker at that age.

Thanks guys! I am hoping for a full recovery between 4-6 months. That should give me anof time to get ready for the North americans or Nationalsin 2009.

if you only have a partial tear, it will most likely be a quicker recovery time than my injury...i had a torn tendon, they heal alot slower.

Back