anyone perform good mornings after deadlifts or reverse hyper ext. ?

DEVILtrainer666

do you think it is over killer to include heavy good mornings after deadlifts and how about also doing some reverse hyper extensions that day ?
i was going to do it after squats though whats your thoughts/advice fellow trainers ? im thinking reverse hypers after squats but good mornings after deads on different days with hypers light & GM's heavy . need help here ?:Pat:

I'd do one heavy...then another much lighter. I'm not sure that it would really be that beneficial to do both, heavy, in the same workout.

B True

I know one guy that does good mornings before squats, he has a strong ass squat too, so maybe it's okay.

I could not do any type of erector spinae workouts after I do deadlifts.

thanks for the ansers guys ive posted this on a couple other boards to . im going to gather all the info on it and expieriment on myself a little .
hopefully a few more will respond here also .;)

If I were going to perform them both in the same workout, I would perform good mornings first, as they have the higher potential for injury. If the lower back and traps are already fatigued, following deadlifts, it will increase your chance of either having your upper back round, allowing the bar to neatly remove your head as it rolls forward, or your lower back round, which can cause a host of problems.

If you wanted to perform them both in the same week, assuming you had enough rest days in between squatting and deadlifting, you could perform good mornings following squats, which will give you some additional lower back work as well as more hamstring work.

I do goodmornings after squats on tuesday, along with pullthroughs at the end of my workout. on friday i do deads, squats and pullthroughs, and my back feels fine, just take it easy, and don't go to failure on everything.

jcp2 said:
I do goodmornings after squats on tuesday, along with pullthroughs at the end of my workout. on friday i do deads, squats and pullthroughs, and my back feels fine, just take it easy, and don't go to failure on everything.
thanks jcp2 . out of all the boards i posted this on , your answer is the most common so i plan to do squats then GM's one day and a couple days later after deadlifts ill do high rep (not to failure) reverse hyper extensions . im also upping my ab work . :devil: :beer:

Back