Anyone run track and field here?

Yeah you're right, and the sport is fucking hard too (both physically and mentally). And people often stangnate for years at a time, but they still stick to it. I can't explain what makes me stick with it, I think its just the status, I guess. I long and triple jump and sprint (mostly 200m), and the sport hurts man, but when you're out there running at top speed its something great. Its one of those "you just gotta try it" things. And at the top level, the gear is apparently what they all use, that's what people say anyway, coaches, and other athletes. I'd like to think its possible without them but I don't know - maybe I'm naive. I'm too young to start yet, and I don't know if I really want to at all. But I also hear that today there are plenty of ways to take steroids and stimulants and not jeopardise your health. I don't know, I'm just trying to get all the info I can. If not for me, then to know what the competition uses...

huskyguy said:
There is not much of a future in track and field -- not much of a fan base there either.

in the u.s. maybe...but not across the rest of the world...you go to any pro track meet in europe and it will be more packed than an NFL playoff game....huge crowds...big winners pots...and tons of hot ass women in little tights...

for sure man, that's exactly how it is...over there. But in OZ, not really, we got World Class athletes who don't get shit when it comes to women and recognition - only if you're in the news or get a medal at a major champs do u get any anything.

latinking24 said:
in the u.s. maybe...but not across the rest of the world...you go to any pro track meet in europe and it will be more packed than an NFL playoff game....huge crowds...big winners pots...and tons of hot ass women in little tights...

More then NFL playoff games??? I doubt it, but maybe. But there certainly aren't as many people watching that stuff on TV as there are playoff football games.

Back