Anyone use Needsize's ab routine?

I am looking forward to starting this...I love the part that it only takes a little while and judging by your abs works damn good!

Just to clarify, how long do you take going up and down? I've done this twice, and did 5sec down, and 5sec up, but not a hold at the bottom. This is leavin me sore as hell, but after I reread this, I think I misunderstood how to do it. So, how long do you take going up and down, along with the 5sec hold at the bottom?

so you go down till you feel it the most then hold for 5 then go back up and come back down down hand hold again right?

obliques should get hit hard enough doing deads and squats. I have never done anything for obliques directly, and the only ab routine I've done in 5+ years is this one, and this is how mine came out

well i think needsizes results speak for themselves. as for me i've done them twice now and they are very effective. make sure the 5-count is slow though. i've got a nice little exercise that supplements this one quite well, i'll post it in a while.

here it is, i posted this on EF a while ago as well.

lay on the floor, hands beside you. lift your legs (stretched) about 10 cm (4 inches) off the floor, and hold this position for 10 secs, count out loud if it helps. after 10 secs raise your legs 10 cm again. hold again for 10 secs. repeat until your legs are vertical. hold for another 10 secs and then work back down in the same manner. this is brutal, especially the first couple of times you do 'em. give it a shot, it's worth it!

needsize said:
obliques should get hit hard enough doing deads and squats. I have never done anything for obliques directly, and the only ab routine I've done in 5+ years is this one, and this is how mine came out

I like to pretend that I have those hidden away.

The_Iceman said:
well i think needsizes results speak for themselves. as for me i've done them twice now and they are very effective. make sure the 5-count is slow though. i've got a nice little exercise that supplements this one quite well, i'll post it in a while.

The rec center here has a nice huge digital clock on the wall, so I just line up the decline bench where I can see it, and use that to keep my cadence.

Needsize, how much weight do you use when you work your abs using 5 x 5? Also, how many times a week do you work them?

Last edited:
didactic said:
I have tried it and it seems to be working great thanks STRING.

No problem, Needsize deserves much thanks.

I just figured everyone else should know about this.

I just want to thank you String-Bean00 for posting that exercise.

I've been doing them for two weeks I noticed a difference already.

Also thanks Needsize.... Don't worry i didn't forget about you.

shit

how much weight do you all use ?? I'm 16 years old, relatively new to working out and carry a good amount of upper body weight. I tried this today with a 25 lb. plate at 5 sets of 5 strict reps, with a strict 5 second hold. Is this enough weight to start off with ?? i feel like i might have been able to do another set of 5. I have never really worked my abs before and am hoping for that "6 pack" :)

Re: shit

raider1637 said:
how much weight do you all use ?? I'm 16 years old, relatively new to working out and carry a good amount of upper body weight. I tried this today with a 25 lb. plate at 5 sets of 5 strict reps, with a strict 5 second hold. Is this enough weight to start off with ?? i feel like i might have been able to do another set of 5. I have never really worked my abs before and am hoping for that "6 pack" :)

I only use a 10 pound plate and I can't hit all my reps. My abs aren't that strong though.

I'm curious to see some before and after ab transformations after using this routine for a while...It would be interesting to see how effective it really is when used by someone without much abdominal muscles to begin with.

Re: shit

raider1637 said:

I started with no weight, and slowly, over months built up to a 45lb plate, I dont go higher than that though

Back