Arimidex side effects

josh223

Amateur Bodybuilder
So ever since I started taking Arimidex again, I started getting headaches, and really bad joint pain.

Is this a common side effect for Adex? I know it's not from training because I did light weight squats today and my shoulders and fingers hurt.

My knees are a little sore but I never get that from light weight squats, even heavy I never have issues.

Is 1mg ED too high? Should I bump down to .5 eod?

You probably dropped your estro too low. 1mg is a bit high. Drop down to .5eod. If you still have joint pain after a week or so drop to .25eod.

Hell yes 1 mg ed is high, Adex at .5 eod for me is causing joint pains..... I am winding it down to .25 eod. I couldn't even imagine running 1mg ed. Thats crazy.

once I used 0.5mg ari each day....I felt like shit.......now i'm usng 0.5 every 2 day and all is ok, arimidex is very strong...and estrogen at 0 at not good at all

some estrogen is needed to build muscle and yes the joint pain is realted too low estrogen levels. will hinder gains. I personally only take the adex when I need it. e3d's or more was best for me... If your a litttle bloated big deal.

Yeah I didn't need them whole cycle. I only have 1mg capsules and I was getting "stop sign face" at least thats what I'm told. lol

I havent taken in a few days and I already feel better. I would rather have stop sign face than have painful old person joints.

Last edited:
I only took the 1mg adex for 2 days...
that was 4 days ago

My joints are already feeling better. I agree adex is very strong. Like I said I didnt take whole cycle until I noticed I had high water retention.

Capsules dosed at 1mg is dumb

for future reference I'll prob never go above .25mg e3d

I'm also getting bloods done in a couple weeks

Last edited:
Does anastrozole cause ALT to increase? My ALT was a bit higher than normal (50 ref: 10-40) on my last physical. I'm eliminating all aspartame from my diet to see if that makes a difference.

Currently I take 0.5mg anastrozole ed. Maybe I should scale that back to 3 days a week. My current dose of 0.5mg ed keeps my estrogen in the mid-range of normal.

if you have capsules dosed at 1mg, try this protocol:

1)Empty capsule contents onto peice of paper
2)Pour contents into empty syringe
3)Add 1ml water per capsule
4)Now 1ml=1mg of Adex
5)Shake the syringe VERY well
6)Squeeze 0.5cc of Adex into your mouth and store the rest in the fridge for the next dosage.

Works like a charm.

Been on adex off and on for 5 plus years. I never had your symptoms brother but I may not be as sensitive as you.

I would strongly advise an estradiol test to see how the adex is effecting your E2 levels. Going by feel is the worst way to dose.

So ever since I started taking Arimidex again, I started getting headaches, and really bad joint pain.

Is this a common side effect for Adex? I know it's not from training because I did light weight squats today and my shoulders and fingers hurt.

My knees are a little sore but I never get that from light weight squats, even heavy I never have issues.

Is 1mg ED too high? Should I bump down to .5 eod?

I get the same exact sides when I go above .25mg/day man, definitely bump it down! Those headaches are no fking fun at all.

I get headaches bad if I go too crazy with the ai's. I think it's cause I clinch my jaw too much for some reason. I know weird huh. Also I get some nasty winstrol like pains in my joints.

Lastly the worst is you get sick from no estrogen. It suppresses the hell out of you immune system. That is why I a kid letro like the Plague.

Good post on a great topic. Kudos.

Back