Arnold and coleman posedown

Thank you capitan obvious...lol. just joking. i know it wont happen but theres no harm in discussing it.

Johny J said:
i would have to say arnld was touched up

I agree his hamstrings and his arms are alittle morphed, but either way, the true test would be the back pose in which Coleman would flatten Arnold.... Also Arnold couldn't do the "thong" thing and i believe had enough class not to.... :) Coleman is huge but Arnold's physique still looks better, but would not win in today's contest, IMHO, its Shawn Ray who had the best physique of all time....

Arnold

Johny J said:
i would have to say arnld was touched up
I totslly agree!!!!! Arnold was never as big as the pros are now!! He would look small if he was onstage today! Dang how heavy is coleman during contest, Arnold was only like 230 at most i bet....

Let me say this, arnopld looks better overall, if today arnold had the exact same body but another 40 pounds which is pretty much by todays standard, he would kill ronnie no one can beat arnies bicep peaks and his tiny ass waist imagine 40 pounds with the same tiny waist on him, between arnie and ronie give me arnie anyday, but hey then there's mentzer i take mentzer over both of them. peace

Arnold all the way!

In 5, 10, 15… years nobody will compare Ronnie to the then current Mr. O they’ll be comparing Arnold. Coleman will be left behind like all the other guys have been to this point. Arnold has a classic physique; he has a look that appeals to the masses. The modern BB doesn't have the mass appeal the way Arnold does even to this day. Yes Coleman is bigger, much bigger, but he is and will always be freakish looking. Arnold had the physique that many see as the perfect male form.

BTW Arnold is not over 6’ tall, I have two pictures taken with me and Arnold and I’m 6’1” yet he is shorter than me in both picts.

There is no question that Coleman is bigger and more massive. however, imo he looks bloated and unimpressive. Arnold looks like he was sculpted out of marble. You can take whatever supplements or hormones you want, and you still won't look anywhere near as perfect as arnold!!!

Arnold always looked good. Period. He had good size but was into "body building" not just getting freakishly huge which is what the game seems to be all about today. Even at his biggest arnold could still pick up girls look good and not have to wear pajamas around all the time. I've never seen him look so fat and bloaty like some of the competitors today. Ronnie is huge i'll give him that but i've seen picks of him when he was alittle smaller where he looked even better. Body building should be and IMO is more than just getting big.

Examples......
THis - http://www.ronniecoleman.net/bigbeachsm.jpg

vs.

THis - http://www.shopmusclemag.com/images/products/posters/arnold01_lrg.jpg

the chemicals have changed alot, and so have the standards. no one cared about thighs back then, it wasn't until platz came along that people started caring about what existed below the waist.

HGH, insulin, IGF-I...these 3 items are responsible for the dorian/ronnie "freakshow" size and bloated, soft look of so many of the bodybuilders these days. lou was always bigger than arnold but lost, becuase arnold was the better *bodybuilder*.

ronnie wins the Olympia because the "best big guy" ALWAYS wins the Olympia. The best overall package rarely wins, but the best big guy always does.

I don't think there is a comparison. They are two totally different BB'ers. Ronnie is a mass monster, plain and simple. Arnold had the classic 'pretty' physique. So if you want to compare anyone to Arnold it should be Flex Wheeler or Shawn Ray. Both of these had bodies comparable to Arnold. If you want to compare mass monsters, we should be comparing Ferrigno to Coleman. Just my .02. I'm a strongman/powerlifter... what do I know?LOL!!!!

total agree..

Arnold has the best bicep peak ever in the history of BB

Ronnie has more mass...right

but done all freaking wrong~

Azrail said:
Arnie - hands-down..and here's why...

Shape, Symmetry, Seperation, Striation, (proportional) Size

Not to mention what he did for BB'ing as a premier ambassador/spokesman

mesaurements taken from "education from a bodybuilder" (1977 printing); please ref. 1975 pix (sorry, don't have #'s for l8 70's)

Arms - 22"
Chest - 57"
Wasit - 34"
Thighs - 28½"
Calves - 20"

Weight - 235 lbs.
Height - 6'2"

Dissing Arnie only shows one's complete disregard for greatness and one's own infantile & insipid judgement, not to mention an inherent lack of of self-esteem

in english - warped sense of reality with a major dose of penis-envy

just my .02¢

arnold had a champ attitude and charisma

Back