Arnold and coleman posedown

In 1999 Jay Mathews wrote the article "The Shrinking Field" for the Washington Post on the often exaggerated heights claimed by male candidates for political office. "Sociologist Ralph Keyes has shown that men often claim to be taller than they are," he reported. "That goes double for celebrities. Men's Health magazine compared claimed heights to actual heights and discovered that Arnold Schwarzenegger was 5-10, not 6-2, that Charles Bronson was 5-7, not 5-11, and Burt Reynolds 5-8, not 5-11."

Man modern day bodybuilers look like bitche standing next to Ronnie, Arnold wouldn't stand a chance:

66080025.JPG

Skydance said:
I can't believe nobody here has challenged this. Has nobody ever stood next to Ronnie Coleman. I have and I am 5'9" and I was looking down at him. Now don't get me wrong I have total respect for what Ronnie has accomplish but I just can't understand why he would write 5'11" on his website when he is clearly 5'8".
As for comparing him to Arnold, come on people. Ronnie Coleman looks like a power lifter next to Arnold. I mean if Ronnie looks better then why stop there, why not Gene Rychklack.

you always add 2inches to your height all pro sports folks do that. Arnold is actuallly 6ft not 6'2" and yes ronnie is only 5'9" to 5'10" not the stats he quotes. Also granted you said you had to look down on him was he wearing his shoes and you were add a inch to your shoes. i seen arnold myself also he is 6ft clearly with shoes 6'1".

painless2 said:
In 1999 Jay Mathews wrote the article "The Shrinking Field" for the Washington Post on the often exaggerated heights claimed by male candidates for political office. "Sociologist Ralph Keyes has shown that men often claim to be taller than they are," he reported. "That goes double for celebrities. Men's Health magazine compared claimed heights to actual heights and discovered that Arnold Schwarzenegger was 5-10, not 6-2, that Charles Bronson was 5-7, not 5-11, and Burt Reynolds 5-8, not 5-11."

excatly you are right its just better and more intimidating to claim a bigger height.

Arnie - hands-down..and here's why...

Shape, Symmetry, Seperation, Striation, (proportional) Size

Not to mention what he did for BB'ing as a premier ambassador/spokesman

mesaurements taken from "education from a bodybuilder" (1977 printing); please ref. 1975 pix (sorry, don't have #'s for l8 70's)

Arms - 22"
Chest - 57"
Wasit - 34"
Thighs - 28½"
Calves - 20"

Weight - 235 lbs.
Height - 6'2"

Dissing Arnie only shows one's complete disregard for greatness and one's own infantile & insipid judgement, not to mention an inherent lack of of self-esteem

in english - warped sense of reality with a major dose of penis-envy

just my .02¢

arnold is best at his time
ronnie is best at his time
it's just like that..
then after years and so..
we'll be comparing other BB icons..
THE CYCLE NEVER ENDS!!!!!

oh and arnie for me

Arnold is not even close to 6 foot, I've met him in person, and its obvious he wears lifts in his shoes. He is probably 5'9. He is still the greatest however.

wake up guys, yes arnald looked good way back then but was small compared to any pro bodybuilder today.

Ronnie is fuckin HUGE, how can you even compare the two? arnold himself drops his jaw in awe of his size.

Ok people. I have heard a lot of discussion and can't keep quiet anymore!
The talk of GH nowadays and so forth and so on and how Arnold would be head and shoulders above Ronnie? C'mon people! :rolleyes: If you have ever seen a pic of Ronnie during his college football days even the guy was a machine! Genetics at its finest is what Coleman is. Arnold had a better midsection than Coleman but that's it...I mean thats all folks!
Arnolds legs were absolutely horrendous!!! His back was terrible and he had no traps or delts. He was chest and biceps!
Azrail....
You say dissing Arnie basically makes someone dumb? Well guess what, I say he is the most overrated bb'er of all-time! :flipoffha Sergio mopped the floor w/ him despite placings. Making a statement as you did shows your own lack of intelligence and utter stupidity for differentiating opinions.

T

Traps said:
Ok people. I have heard a lot of discussion and can't keep quiet anymore!
The talk of GH nowadays and so forth and so on and how Arnold would be head and shoulders above Ronnie? C'mon people! :rolleyes: If you have ever seen a pic of Ronnie during his college football days even the guy was a machine! Genetics at its finest is what Coleman is. Arnold had a better midsection than Coleman but that's it...I mean thats all folks!
Arnolds legs were absolutely horrendous!!! His back was terrible and he had no traps or delts. He was chest and biceps!
Azrail....
You say dissing Arnie basically makes someone dumb? Well guess what, I say he is the most overrated bb'er of all-time! :flipoffha Sergio mopped the floor w/ him despite placings. Making a statement as you did shows your own lack of intelligence and utter stupidity for differentiating opinions.

T

It's one thing to discount the comparisons, which are extremely hard to do, but to dismiss Arnold as the most overrated BB of all time seems silly. He had a great physique in his time. I think he should have lost to Franco a few times, but he was still a very good bodybuilder. The emphasis was different as well all know, which makes comparisons impossible, same as trying to compare Lombardi Packers team to today's pro teams. He had a great back by the way, not sure where you came up with that one.
Personally, I liked the physiques better back then from an aesthetic standpoint, but the mass thrown around today is certainly impressive.

Hey I love Arnold too, but come on. If you really put arnold in his prime next to Coleman now, it wouldn't be close. Coleman blows him away.

My sentiments xactly

Its so hard to compare. Bodybuilding has come such a long way since Arnold's years. Not to mention anabolics.

But if i had to choose. I'd choose Arnold. Ronnie's just not pleasing to the eye. Yeah he looks insane, but when you see Arnold, you see art. People nowadays dont care about symetry anymore. All people wanna see is muscle...muscle...and more muscle.

Arnold's definatley winning this years Mr. O!!!....(well mayby not anymore) :sadwavey:

He was given the 80 Mr O, he probably could now! LOL!

lol, its funny but watch it happen.lol

bronx brawla, you said that the people today only care about muscle. you're telling me that if coleman, showed up to arnolds time as he looks today, the people would say he looks nasty and boo him? I dont think so, i think they'll be too busy picking up their jaws off the floor, from the shock. will they be disgusted? i dunno, but certainly impressed. Arnold was considered a big bber in his time. ferigno who was 6'5, 275 was the biggest bber then, and you're all arguing that ronnie wouldnt beat arnold, being 290 at 5'9-11. he'd make arnold look like a pretty boy, who only works out to get girls.
if ronnie makes us, today, look at him in disbelief, imagine what he would do to the 70's audience.

Back