arnold's workout?

Paladin said:
I started upping my protein more intake even more like a lot of guys here are suggesting. and I've started taking multivitamins every day when I started working out. I haven't been watching my sodium intake a whole lot, should I be monitoring it more?
The reason I ask sodium is known for retaining water as is creatian. Which could account for the sudden growth of the arms.

Paladin said:
im aware that sodium will retain water too but i havent changed my diet to accomodate more sodium.
Hmm then I belive it might be some of the water retention from the creatine. At any rate if your getting results keep up the good work. I know I sound like a broken record but Be carefull not to overtrain. Your young you want to start off on the right foot.

what would be a example of overtraining and how would I know if I did so? It's possible I may have done it a couple times without even knowing it...

I appreciate all your advice n such and am glad we got over all this offensive bullshit like men that seems to be floating around.

Last edited:
I accidently over looked this post of yours and am just bringing it to light.

To put on an inch and half of "lean muscle" in 2 weeks it would take great genitics and a hell of a lot of protien. Was the first measurement takeing cold and the other pumped?

both measurements were taken with bi's and tri's pumped.

Paladin: The "gains" u get that fast aint muscle if u didnt know, if u can get that much gains then everyone woule be 2X Ronnie!
Its the extra water youvé gotten in youre bod.
And by the way, i aint asking u jack about creatine. U did "research" for 2 weeks, what about the ppl researching it for several years? in debt research that is? or that dont count? And by the way, if youre brother is a successful bodybuilder and everything, tell us his name and someone would know.. right? or attach a picture.

I think I have been listening to some bullshiting from this paladin, it looks like he is just repeating what he reads but knowing or experiencing none about it.

One thing is clear, he is willing to understand and research, and that´s great if you are a 16 years kid (I wish I would have that desire for this kind of knowledge when I was his age), but I would tell you to read first in this forum and then experience, and after that, when you have trained and experienci for some considerable time, come and say hey look, this is what happened to me and this is my theory, because as Bast said, "the more u learn the more u start realising that u dont know shit about it".

Be patient man on your statements, ignorance is very daredevil.

The difference between me and you bast, is for some reason, me being 16.. I'm more mature then you. I post straight up information I get and even the URLs to where all this info comes from and u all bash me? Why don't u check the god damn websites, or are u afraid I may be right in doing so?

I have nothing to prove to someone of your nature. but thanks for the advice, i'll heed it.

I'm not a stone solid asshole, I mean, i'm willing to accept im wrong when i am and im willing to learn from you guys who have more personal hands-on experience.

Last edited:
As far as I understand, this forum is not for kids to come on and repeat shit that they read off some biased website. This forum is for those of us who do not know as much to come on and get info from those with first hand experience. Paladin - you are posting 14 to 15 responses a day, most of which are probably bullshit or just a simple response in an attempt to get "Olympian Bodybuilder" written under your name. Relax, and read.

How is your posting bullshit any better then mine, Im answering questions and shit here and trying to help out other people, and ask my own questions so i can learn.

you havent even seen most my posts but OH here's another "shit" post responding right after yours.

teenagers are people too, looking for information and lending it as well. Because im young doesnt mean im totally fuckin worthless and know nothing. But im still more mature then your punk ass starting shit in forums. Now shut the hell up so I can learn in peace without being interrupted by a-holes, god damn.

if you have shit to say, say it in the members pic place where my pic is posted, along with the other 200+ people just like you, so we can keep this a TRAINING FORUM, like intended, thanks.

Paladin said:
The difference between me and you bast, is for some reason, me being 16.. I'm more mature then you. I post straight up information I get and even the URLs to where all this info comes from and u all bash me? Why don't u check the god damn websites, or are u afraid I may be right in doing so?

I have nothing to prove to someone of your nature. but thanks for the advice, i'll heed it.

I'm not a stone solid asshole, I mean, i'm willing to accept im wrong when i am and im willing to learn from you guys who have more personal hands-on experience.

Man if you don't like what we have to tell you then don't come back....your the one coming to the board being a bastard. you see first hand experience gets us a whole lot farther than any websites that is why we have these forums so people can tell us of their "First hand knowledge"
Peace

Well Mr Paladin: The thing that the guys stated here u have to understand. But as u said in youre "last" post (this 5minutes) This is a training forum, not a SUPPLEMENT.. but that u maybe realize? the first question here was about Arnolds Training.. not any fucking creatine! And u can leave as many of those "researches" as u want.. i still wont read them. And a bunch of fucking BB papers or stuff like that, if u get it from there then PLEASE dont believe it, if u choose to do then fine. Ps: How about a pic of youre "HUGE" brother?
And by the way.. youre 16 and more mature then me? I WAS trying to educate u, but the ignorrant dont have to listen. Ill help the ppl that asks for it, not coming and saying as u "im trying to help"
Over and out, last post from me 2 u.

Bast quick bein such a prick dude.. Leave the kid alone.. I double checked all his shit personally and he's right on the dot. See for yourself.
I think what he ment tho is that the supplements will aid in training, hence in the training forum.. i think he's talkin about how it generally helps and improves training capabilities..

just thought you might want to know but yeah dude i totally agree, back to arnolds workout!

So I saw someone mentioned he did like 2 workouts a day, 2 hours each?

lol. man this became a funny ass thread. I was away from theboards awhile and missed all the bashing.....half way through reading the thread I forgot it was supposed to be about Arnie's routines (which I hate by the way...I think I mentioned that on page one but at this point who knows???lol)

Anyway I'm pretty sure Arnie didn't take creatine...lol.
Also IMO you should have to be 18 to post on these boards.Many boards have age limits...and for good reason.

To change the topic, here's some of Arnold's workouts, but keep in mind he changed it many times.
Chest
Incline presses-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Flat bench presses-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Flyes-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Cable crossovers- 5 sets of 10-15 reps

Shoulders
Seated presses behind the neck- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbell presses (Arnold's version) - 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Side laterals- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Bent over laterals- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Cable side laterals- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Upright rows- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Shoulder Shrugs- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps

Calves
Donkey calf raises - 5-6 sets of 15-20 reps
Standing calf raises- 5-6 sets of 12-15
Seated calf raises - 5-6 sets of 12-15 reps
Toe presses on leg press- 5-6 sets of 12-15 reps

Biceps and Triceps
Standing barbell curls- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Standing dumbell curls- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Concentration curls- 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps

Precontest routine
Standing dumbell curls/dumbell extensions- 4 supersets of 8-10 reps
Incline dumbell curls/triceps pushdowns- 4 supersets of 8-10 reps
Preacher curls/ lying triceps extensions- 4 supersets of 8-10 reps

Forearms
standing reverse curls- 5 sets of 8-10 reps
reverse preacher curls- 5 sets of 8-10 reps
wrist curls- 5-7 sets of 8-10 reps

don't know his split but those are just one of many routines he did

I think that all of the above workouts are believable and were all, despite the wording, reserved for the few months before a contest (and later done prior to movie filming) when size gains weren't the point. I remember that he referred to off-season training as being different than the above-heavier weights, daily but shorter workouts during the bulking phase of the season.

For a few months it's quite possible to go twice a day if size is already there, given that he was one of the lucky ones who was basically paid to train and then to recover outside on the beach tanning. Viable and not a bad life... He used a similar routine, available online, to get in shape quickly for movies. I have a feeling that the second, night workout was probably not as lengthy as the morning routine.

Obviously lengthier and more frequent work's possible while on the juice...

Last edited:
Back