assistance with measuring

Pi1

I am relatively new to TRT and have had problems measuring the dosage in the syringe. I start a new 1ml bottle and measure out .25 ml (twice/wk or every 3.5 days). When i get to the 4th and final dose in the bottle, it always come up short around .1 to .15 ml. Though it bothered me i never got too concerned and would take the balance from a new bottle. Fast forward 3 mths, ******** NO SOURCE TALK READ THE BOARD RULES***********

I am very anal about my protocal and 100% certain i am hitting .25. Only thing i can think of is the syringe was clibrated with a smaller guage needle. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you are reading the syringe correctly, you should align the edge of the plunger where it forms a seal with the barrel walls with the scale on the syringe. Don't sight the conical tip of the plunger with the scale, or you will always be drawing a little too much.

The amount in the needle is too small to account for this error, but can you tell us what type of syringe and needle you are using?

EDIT: I find it slightly odd that you're getting compounded multi-use vials containing only 1mL. 4mL is more common, because that is 4 weeks at 200mg/week, generally the top TRT dose.

Last edited:
Either the bottle has less than 1ml or you are measuring wrong.

Why don't you put 1ml of orange juice or something in a cup and practice drawing .25ml into four syringes. Let's see if you get the same error.

The other thing you could do is draw the entire 1ml of testosterone into your syringe to see if the pharmacy really is giving you the correct amount. Then push it back into the vial what you don't need. The syringe is sterile so it will be fine.

You should also request 10ml multi-use vials from your pharmacy. Have the doc prescribe them. They are cheaper and more convenient. You can get 10ml of 200mg/ml for about ************

Guys- Thank you for all the replies and apologize for the delay responding. Lost my father recently and dealing with that all weekend. Love the suggestions, particularly the OJ one tho I am not sure what I would use to accurately measure the first 1ml. The 4 remaining would only be as accurate as the original 1ml.

Here is where I am going to get flamed.... When I started TRT, my Dr had me on an extremely low does of .25ml/50mg per week (has since doubled that dose). Understanding how small this is I could not fathom wasting any in the needle and was curios exactly what this equaled. So when I drew up the T, I left the air bubble in knowing it would be of equal to the volume between where the plunger stops and the point of the needle. When I pin, I leave the bubble toward the top buffering the T with the plunger therefore none of it would enter my muscle AND it pushes 100% of the T out. The air bubble is equal to .1ml or 40% of the total dose. Find that unacceptable. This all assumes there is no change in temp which could increase or decrease the size of the bubble. Flame away!

Measuring aside.... I have one more dose which was due to be pinned 15 mins ago and cannot decide what the best course of action is knowing I may not get another for 2.5 weeks. Take it? Wait? Partial? Also curious what at the pharmacy denied the script from being filled? Was it the CVS software, my Insurace? If CVS I should be able to switch pharmacies and get it filled today. THANKS for all your assistance.

Maybe you could explain the situation to the doctor. He could write the prescription for an amount that allows you 1ml vial per week. For example, my dose is 160mg/wk, split into 2 doses. I use .4ml each injection.

Ask why they won't give you a refill? You should be able to get one before you are supposed to be done with your previous vial. Unless your doctor won't renew your script until enough time has passed but that seems unlikely naince you are only talking about a couple of weeks.

If it is due to insurance reasons, which is my hunch, tell them you will pay out of pocket. Testosterone is cheap. You can get a 10ml vial for *************

As for measuring the 1ml of liquid, I get those little tiny medicine measuring cups all the time for my kids medicines like cough syrup. Try that.

Or even better use a food scale. Believe it or not, one ml of water weighs one gram. So measure out the water.

I'm not on TRT but it would seem better and no harm to draw just s tiny bit short so you are sure to make the end for your refill. I mean that little lower of a dose I can't imagine you or your blood noticing it...

Just IMOP

All - thx again for your time. Just got home ftom ******** i HAVE to get better with my doses. ********

Back