At 38yrs old I hit a new PR on bench today!

I have been doing "Big Beyond Belief" for a few months now. I have used this method many times in the past. For those of you that are familiar with it I'm using the 4 day a week program and I'm in the "Super Growth Phase" of Ramp 2. I do make a minor change on the power day of this program in this ramp. It calls for a 1:30 sec rest period after each set. On Day 4, which is the power day I use a 3min rest period because I want to push as much weight as possible on that day. It works better for me.

So today I hit 455lbs on deadlift, but I've maxed 515lbs before.

The thing I'm so stoked about is that I was able to hit 315lbs on bench today. When I was 26yrs old and on a cycle of sustanon/primobolan I got a slap tear while trying to bench 305lbs and never reached the 300lb mark. Since then I've had 2 shoulder surgeries and many other nagging injuries. Last year while on test E I hit 295lbs for 5 reps. Felt fine and the next day my pec was jacked up and had to stop training.

Right now I'm only taking TB500 and I'm in my second week. It's too early to say wether or not the TB500 is at work here as far as allowing my ligaments and tendons to perform their job, but never the less I'm stoked with the PR of 315lbs! It went nice and smooth too.

By the way. Here are my stats:

38yrs old. Been lifting on and off since I was 16.
251lbs this morning
6'0 tall
about 24% BF (need to get this down!)

anyway I felt like I had a small victory today and wanted to post about it.

Back